Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I was at a CM crop last night. The consultant did a mini workshop on the SBC plus. She definitely sold me on it! LOL It looks easier to use for someone like me who is not real computer savvy. It's 40% off through the 27th. I ordered it online through the consultant's website this morning and it will ship directly to me.

For those of you who use this, do you have the 12 x 12 pages printed out by CM and them you put them in your own books? Or are you using it to make books that CM binds together? I still enjoy paper scrapbooking so I was thinking of using it for some pages or when I want to make a mini album.

Have you used the software for other projects? The CMC said you could make invitations and photo collages too.

I'm using it right now to make a disney autograph book for our upcoming trip. I've also used it for cards, calenders, and pictures to have printed to hang (like a 3 picture scene of one of our Oregon trips to hand in our house).

I love the way the bound book looks so I order bound books rather then print page and put in a separate book. Just personal preference.

I've done both... bound books (which are gorgeous) and page prints. If I'm doing a full project at once... like a Disney Trip...I'll do the bound book, especially if it's a trip that say my mom or Sil went on. Not only is it lovely, I can get a second book for them:)

My day-to-day stuff.... piano recitals, dance recital, puppy dog, kids etc... I do page prints. That way I can work on whichever pics tickle my fancy that day, and i can use them in my photo frame for a few weeks and show them off, before slipping them into the album.

I love the flexibility :thumbsup2

Paula

I've done both... bound books (which are gorgeous) and page prints. If I'm doing a full project at once... like a Disney Trip...I'll do the bound book, especially if it's a trip that say my mom or Sil went on. Not only is it lovely, I can get a second book for them:)

My day-to-day stuff.... piano recitals, dance recital, puppy dog, kids etc... I do page prints. That way I can work on whichever pics tickle my fancy that day, and i can use them in my photo frame for a few weeks and show them off, before slipping them into the album.

I love the flexibility :thumbsup2

Paula

That's what I do, too. I have made tons of different projects in SBC+. Here are the things I can think of: birthday party invites and thank you notes, Christmas cards, photo calendars, and Disney tee-shirts! (I use the stuff from the DIS-igns board and then I import into SBC= to arrange it and make it the right size, etc). I find new uses for SBC+ all the time!

That's what I do, too. I have made tons of different projects in SBC+. Here are the things I can think of: birthday party invites and thank you notes, Christmas cards, photo calendars, and Disney tee-shirts! (I use the stuff from the DIS-igns board and then I import into SBC= to arrange it and make it the right size, etc). I find new uses for SBC+ all the time!

Thanks for all the info ladies!

So you can import templates/elements from other places into SBC? There is a lady named Natalie on the DIS who has a blog with disney kits. It would be great if I could use these with SBC.

Thanks for all the info ladies!

So you can import templates/elements from other places into SBC? There is a lady named Natalie on the DIS who has a blog with disney kits. It would be great if I could use these with SBC.

Yep, you can use her stuff in SBC+. Check out Britt-ish Designs, too. She has tons of great Disney kits, too. CM's new Disney line comes out July 1, too. It is really cute!

Yep, you can use her stuff in SBC+. Check out Britt-ish Designs, too. She has tons of great Disney kits, too. CM's new Disney line comes out July 1, too. It is really cute!

Your album is beautiful! I love the colors! Did you have it printed by CM? I noticed on one of your AK layouts, you had the guidemap. Did you scan it into the computer?

Thanks for all these tips! I can't wait to try some digital pages!

Your album is beautiful! I love the colors! Did you have it printed by CM? I noticed on one of your AK layouts, you had the guidemap. Did you scan it into the computer?

Thanks for all these tips! I can't wait to try some digital pages!

Thanks! I had it printed by Shutterfly. Even as a consultant, CM's printing prices are too steep for me! I did scan the maps. I did that on a Pirate page, too. Digital is SO much fun!

I'm looking for some cruise digital kits - any one have any suggestions. Would also be interested in digital kits for various European cities - baltic cruise cities. My googles are not being successful.
Thanks!

I'm looking for some cruise digital kits - any one have any suggestions. Would also be interested in digital kits for various European cities - baltic cruise cities. My googles are not being successful.
Thanks!

Ellie Lash just came out with a cute cruise kit:
http://www.sunshinestudioscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=3593&cat=0&page=1
and here are some travel kits I thought were nice:
http://scrapmatters.com/shop/product.php?productid=4699&cat=0&page=4

http://scrapmatters.com/shop/product.php?productid=3892&cat=0&page=3

http://scrapmatters.com/shop/product.php?productid=3897&cat=0&page=3

HI! I just received my Storybook Plus from CM and I am very excited to get started on my first book! I have made photo books before but never designed my own..usually use their own templates. Anway, I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with. TIA

*So, once I design my book in the CM software how do I save it to then upload to a photo website like artscow? Do I save it as a whole project or each page separately?

*There are some great "disigns" on the creative disigns board and I was wondering how I can use those? Do I just save them and import (not sure if that's the right word) into the CM software?

I am sure I will have MANY more questions once I get started so thanks so much for your help!

HI! I just received my Storybook Plus from CM and I am very excited to get started on my first book! I have made photo books before but never designed my own..usually use their own templates. Anway, I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with. TIA

*So, once I design my book in the CM software how do I save it to then upload to a photo website like artscow? Do I save it as a whole project or each page separately?

*There are some great "disigns" on the creative disigns board and I was wondering how I can use those? Do I just save them and import (not sure if that's the right word) into the CM software?

I am sure I will have MANY more questions once I get started so thanks so much for your help!

I can answer #1 - once you complete a book or series of pages you need to save the pages as JPG. Save as is an option under the save icon. I select full bleed and the highest resolution. You then upload the individual page JPG files to the print location of your choice (I personally love persnicketyprints) and can either print 12x12 (or other size) photos on real photo paper and insert into your scrapbook or print 12x12 (or other size) photo books. I personally like to print the prints that way, I don't have to stress over the page order and can redo it if necessary. Plus the page prints are on photographic paper versus the photo books (regardless who you order from) are ink and the quality isn't as good and the ink can run.

Thanks! I had it printed by Shutterfly. Even as a consultant, CM's printing prices are too steep for me! I did scan the maps. I did that on a Pirate page, too. Digital is SO much fun!

Yay! I'm so glad to hear of someone who prints books through another source other then CM. I agree about CM's price being very steep! I actually just ordered a 40 page autograph book in the smallest size CM offers and it was ended up being over $40, and it's just a paperback. I tried uploaded the pages to mixbook to print that way but mixbook kept cutting off either the very top or very bottom of the pages and I had to get that thing ordered so we would get it in time so I just gave in and ordered from CM. I really wanted the much cheaper hardback book from mixbook! (I've designed a few books with them when I very first started digital scrap and I liked their quality).

So any tips on saving on SBC and uploading and printing through shutterfly or any other company?

Also I want to throw out there, another idea on how to use your SBC. Children books! For Christmas last year I made up a story book for my daughter and her cousin it was about them playing at their grandfather's farm and it included pictures of them and I know my daughter loves it (even brought it in for show and tell one time) and I hear her cousins were requesting that book every night for awhile. LOL

I'm doing another one about daughter and her other set of cousins at the zoo (since I have a ton of pictures of them at the zoo together) for a Christmas gift this year. Also thought of doing a disney one for my daughter.

Ok, so I'm working with saving my pages as JPG (with full bleed) and uploading them to shutterfly and adding them as a single picture that fill the page, but I'm having troubles with my 2-page layouts where I have pictures or journaling that spread both of the pages. Any tips? In SBC they are lining up perfect in Shutterfly not so much, not even close!

Ok, so I'm working with saving my pages as JPG (with full bleed) and uploading them to shutterfly and adding them as a single picture that fill the page, but I'm having troubles with my 2-page layouts where I have pictures or journaling that spread both of the pages. Any tips? In SBC they are lining up perfect in Shutterfly not so much, not even close!

Sometimes I go back and "shrink" everything on a page (except the background paper) or shift it all to the right or left a bit to account for the gutter in the middle of the book. if you use the View Left or right pages tool in SBC+, that should help you get them ready for Shutterfly a little better.

quick question, just purchased last night and I have download some of the disney fonts. How do I get them to show up in my text box? I installed them but don't know how to get them in. Does that make sense? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter