Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

That's still the word. i bet we'll hear more about it soon. Showcase is coming up this weekend and I would think they'd mention it there. I'll let you know!

Thanks! Dad needs some digital books done and I saw the book Lisa did and it was gorgeous!

Do they have software with the heritage papers?

I'm working on my first digi album and I need to know about having it printed. I am using CM SBC+ to create it. What are my options for printing it?

Can I pages printed rather than a bound book?

Can I use another website besides CM to print the book/ pages?

Do you prefer ordering the book bound or pages to put in a traditional scrapbook?

TIA

Your first, and what I consider the easiest and best option for printing if you want a bound book, is the CM Photo Center. I love the storybooks. I have completed close to 20 storybooks since the program came out and a very happy with the product. I am currently working on my fall 2009 Disney trip.

If you want single page prints you can also print them at the CMPC or you can save them as jpgs and print them anywhere that supports the size page you want (Costco I know does them). You can also print on your home printer if it supports the size you want. Just know it uses a lot of ink. I know there are also some online companies that you can upload you pages to and get bound books printed but haven't personally used them. (I am a CMC and have friends that have used other companies.)

The answer may be in here somewhere and I just didn't see it - if so I'm sorry for repeating.
My questions is: can I use any of the PSD or PNG templates in this program? I have lots of free templates I would love to be able to use them.

Other question: can you add shadows to the elements and stuff?

Currently I only use the artscow site for digi scrapping and would like to expand but Photoshop seems to be a little more than what I would use. I am very happy with the artscow site, but you can't do simple things like shadows.

Thank you!!

Can I pages printed rather than a bound book? YES I like to use scrapbookpictures.com

Can I use another website besides CM to print the book/ pages? YES Shutterfly, Mypictales, Winkflash, Artscow there are many companies who do photo books. Just depends on the quality and size you are looking for. CM is wayyyyy too expensive for me!

Do you prefer ordering the book bound or pages to put in a traditional scrapbook? I like both for different reasons. If I buy a 12x12 traditional scrapbook, I like the printed pages. If I do a photobook, I like the 10x10 size.

TIA

See my comments in red.

The answer may be in here somewhere and I just didn't see it - if so I'm sorry for repeating.
My questions is: can I use any of the PSD or PNG templates in this program? I have lots of free templates I would love to be able to use them.

Other question: can you add shadows to the elements and stuff?

Currently I only use the artscow site for digi scrapping and would like to expand but Photoshop seems to be a little more than what I would use. I am very happy with the artscow site, but you can't do simple things like shadows.

Thank you!!

Yes, you can use the .png templates. You just drop the shapes on to the page,then fill with papers.

I am hoping to get started with SBC+ and my CMC gave me a demo CD (Storybook 2) but I can't seem to get it to work for me. It will install SBC and Memory Manager demo versions but when I go to start a project it will not do it. I even tried downloading the free online version and it doesn't work for me either. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? I just wanted to play around with the demo version to see if I really want to make the switch to digital (I am a traditionaly scrapbooker that is almost 2 years behind in photos). I want to purchase the $129 Digital Collection but was hoping to play around with the demo version.

I am hoping to get started with SBC+ and my CMC gave me a demo CD (Storybook 2) but I can't seem to get it to work for me. It will install SBC and Memory Manager demo versions but when I go to start a project it will not do it. I even tried downloading the free online version and it doesn't work for me either. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? I just wanted to play around with the demo version to see if I really want to make the switch to digital (I am a traditionaly scrapbooker that is almost 2 years behind in photos). I want to purchase the $129 Digital Collection but was hoping to play around with the demo version.

I downloaded the trial of SBC 3 and it won't let me do anything either. It says "error loading news feed":confused3. This is supposed to happen if you're not connected to the internet but I am connected. I emailed CM so hopefully they'll have the answer for me.

I just downloaded a bunch of cute fonts and I thought they would go right into SBC but they didn't. How do I get them in there??

I just downloaded a bunch of cute fonts and I thought they would go right into SBC but they didn't. How do I get them in there??

Did you unzip/extract the files? If you haven't you need to locate the files and right click on them the click unzip/extract. Then you need to open the program and it should be there. Make sure the program is closed then open it. That should help!!

I am new to posting on the board but I have really enjoyed reading the threads here. I have wanted to try digital scrapbooking but was not brave enough to jump in. I found out about Artscow on this board from lots of people and decided to give it a try. I am very pleased so far. I haven't received a book yet but I should soon.

I would love to buy the SBC but missed the sale by one day back in June. I am waiting now to see how I continue to progress by with the artscow site. Can anyone tell me if the CM content cd's can be used privately with Artscow? I would not make them public of course but I would love some disney elements for my artscow books.

Your help is appreciated! I have really enjoyed all the books and pages everyone posts - they are beautiful and show all the talent here.

Best wishes,
CP in Louisiana

Ordered SBC and MM yesterday and it was shipped today. Also ordered all the Disney stuff. Can't wait to start playing with my new toys!!!

I am new to posting on the board but I have really enjoyed reading the threads here. I have wanted to try digital scrapbooking but was not brave enough to jump in. I found out about Artscow on this board from lots of people and decided to give it a try. I am very pleased so far. I haven't received a book yet but I should soon.

I would love to buy the SBC but missed the sale by one day back in June. I am waiting now to see how I continue to progress by with the artscow site. Can anyone tell me if the CM content cd's can be used privately with Artscow? I would not make them public of course but I would love some disney elements for my artscow books.

Your help is appreciated! I have really enjoyed all the books and pages everyone posts - they are beautiful and show all the talent here.

Best wishes,
CP in Louisiana

I'm so glad you like artscow! Unfortunately, CM digital packages are only able to be opened with SBC+ You can import non-CM stuff into SBC+ but CM uses a exclusive packaging for their content... I don't know of any work arounds for it either. But CM does have a free Demo Version of SBC+ available on their website....

I'm so glad you like artscow! Unfortunately, CM digital packages are only able to be opened with SBC+ You can import non-CM stuff into SBC+ but CM uses a exclusive packaging for their content... I don't know of any work arounds for it either. But CM does have a free Demo Version of SBC+ available on their website....

I can't seem to figure out how to post without responding to a previous quote, so my appologies to the above quoter.

I purchased SBC+ and MM 3.0 about 1 week ago and have been very frustrated with the help from CM website (consultant doesn't use it, so she can't help either). Does anyone know where I can find basic videos on HOW to get started with the program? I did the youtube videos, but the people doing the videos assume you already know how to use the software and are way above my head on how to do it. I need to know how to import my photos, organzie them, etc. Have tried the CM webinars, but they too assume you know what you are doing and don't start from the very beginning. Is there a CD I can buy like there is for Cricut Scrapbooking beginners? I would appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!!

Check out Pixels2Pages on FB - they have some great tutorials. There are also some great ones on youtube. I've been using it for about 2 years and it is so easy once you get over the learning curve...

I can't seem to figure out how to post without responding to a previous quote, so my appologies to the above quoter.

I purchased SBC+ and MM 3.0 about 1 week ago and have been very frustrated with the help from CM website (consultant doesn't use it, so she can't help either). Does anyone know where I can find basic videos on HOW to get started with the program? I did the youtube videos, but the people doing the videos assume you already know how to use the software and are way above my head on how to do it. I need to know how to import my photos, organzie them, etc. Have tried the CM webinars, but they too assume you know what you are doing and don't start from the very beginning. Is there a CD I can buy like there is for Cricut Scrapbooking beginners? I would appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!!

Pixels2pages is great...it should be a help!

Did you talk to your consultant to see if she can set you up with someone in her unit that does do the SBC+?? I was a consultant myself, and gave it up several years ago. But since I'm the 'resident digital expert' (not really... but they seem to think I am lol!).... I still go and help teach digital workshops for them. Your consultant may have a digi-pro in her unit that could help you out!

Pixels2pages is great...it should be a help!

Did you talk to your consultant to see if she can set you up with someone in her unit that does do the SBC+?? I was a consultant myself, and gave it up several years ago. But since I'm the 'resident digital expert' (not really... but they seem to think I am lol!).... I still go and help teach digital workshops for them. Your consultant may have a digi-pro in her unit that could help you out!

Thanks! Yes, I have spoken to her and she gave me the name of her consultant. Hopefully this will work. I'm awaiting a return phone call from her. Not the quickest to reply... :( Just wish I could by a "How To" video and watch it at my leisure. Perhaps when I learn it well, I'll make the video and become very rich... LOL. I could entitle it "SBC+ for Real Dummies", :)

Thanks! Yes, I have spoken to her and she gave me the name of her consultant. Hopefully this will work. I'm awaiting a return phone call from her. Not the quickest to reply... :( Just wish I could by a "How To" video and watch it at my leisure. Perhaps when I learn it well, I'll make the video and become very rich... LOL. I could entitle it "SBC+ for Real Dummies", :)

This is the web site that my consultant referred me to:

http://www.creativememories.com/LandingPages/Page?folder=StoryBookCreator3/Training

It was very helpful in getting started with SBC+...hope it helps!

Cheryl

Just wanted to tell you that I was kind of intimidated by the program at first however, I started playing around with it and found that it is really user friendly. Maybe just jump in and start a new project- I called mine "trial" and then started adding and subtracting things to the page. It made me feel more confident especially since I knew no onw would ever see it!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter