Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I will be ordering it the first of the month. I need to order the book I did for DH for our 20th anniversary so I figured I was spending the money anyway toward the album might as well get some goodies in there too.:)

It has been almost 10 days since this was last updated... bad girls. lol

So, has anyone bought and used the Simple Start CD? Do you like the layouts and is it easy to use?
Any opinions???

Missy

It's on my "wish" list but I'm gonna have to wait for now. Christmas used up all my spare change....2 kids+lots of fun stuff=nothin' left for now. :rotfl:

I purchased the Simple Start Cd and have already used about a half dozen of the 12x12 layouts. The graphics pages that come with it are nice, just not my style most days. They are easy to use. They come up as a package like any other set of predesigned pages. It is nice to have some variety. I don't know if the set would be worth it if you don't plan to use the coupon for $40 toward the printing of an album from them. I intend to get my daughter's baby book printed with them, but given the price, I am not sure about dropping $250 on my family's 100 page album from 2009 (yes, I have completed my first BIG album!). So, see next question...

Our family photo albums are adored by our children so I want to be sure to get the album printed somewhere reputable, good quality. I know CM's printing and binding will stand up to some abuse. Has anyone found another printer that stitches the binding, does a nice job and won't cost me and arm and a leg to have printed? I keep finding printing sites out there, but nobody seems to reference a stitched binding except CM and Hallmark Photoworks but Photoworks has an 80 page max.

Help!!

Just wanted to share the word that Rhonda Penner is closing her website. All items are 50% right now until the end of the month. I stocked up last night.

www.srapadelic.com

Happy shopping!

Just thought I would pop in here and say hi. love the software! I have created a lot of great pages and have also been using the software to create collages for hybrid scrapbooking!

I have not ordered the Simple Start CD yet, but it will be on my next order; Christmas and my trip to Disney tapped me out and I need to get out there and sell before I put another order in!

Lynner, you are going to love the Simple Start CD when you have a chance to get it. Great selection of templates.

Just wanted to share the word that Rhonda Penner is closing her website. All items are 50% right now until the end of the month. I stocked up last night.

www.srapadelic.com

Happy shopping!

Can these kits be used with SBC+? I have looked at the website, and it appears that they might be for PhotoShop. I did see a few kits that did say .png files, but it appeared to me that most everything was a .psd file.

Please let me know when you downloaded if you were able to load into SBC+.

THANKS!

Yes. I would say I was able to use about 95% or more of each kit. Yes, there are a few .psd files (templates) but for the most part I can use all of the paper, embellishments, alphabets, the works. And I am thrilled with what I got.

Also, ScrapGirls is having a 17.5%+ off Customer Appreciation Sale. Okay, so the savings isn't spectacular, but it is something and their kits tend to be pretty packed for the price (what on earth am I going to do with over 70 science embellishments + alpha?? :rotfl:). But my dd loves science and we homeschool so I guess I just need to get the camera out more! Besides, my kids are younger so I have plenty of time to dream up something. I digress...

I also discovered November 7 is national digital scrapbook day (really?) - well according to ScrapMatters it is! They had a 30% off sale that day this past year so I marked my calendar for next year to pay attention and go shop that day.

I hope that helps you all out. Oh, and given most of us are big Disney fans (or we wouldn't be on this board), for those who are newer and don't know, BrittDesigns at ScrapMatters has some of the best "non-Disney" Disney kits for your Disney layouts I have seen to date - and her kits are packed with stuff too for the money.

Happy Shopping and Have a BLAST Digiscrapping!!

LB

LB

Just thought I would pop in here and say hi. I am a CM rep and love the software! I have created a lot of great pages and have also been using the software to create collages for hybrid scrapbooking!

I have not ordered the Simple Start CD yet, but it will be on my next order; Christmas and my trip to Disney tapped me out and I need to get out there and sell before I put another order in!

Hi girls:

I'm a CM user from way back (like for 14 years) and I'm just starting to use the storybook maker. I have ordered some extra content and am slowly figuring out how to make a book. Where do I find the cost for printing a book? I know different sizes are different prices, and what if I just want to print a page or two? How does that work? Thanks for any help or advice--I'm not very computer savvy, but, I am improving!

Thanks, Cheryl :goodvibes

Hi and welcome to digiscrapping!

You will find their storybook pricing at their photocenter site:
http://digital.creativememories.com/shop/ProductGroup/View/PhotoBooksWS

BTW, I just went to an intense effort of price shopping. For a 100 page album, CM was only $45 more that Shutterfly, uses a better quality paper, an environmentally safe production process and STITCHES their binding - per Shutterfly, they GLUE their bindings. When I compared a 20% sale from Shutterfly with a $40 credit from the Startup CD, CM was only $17 more. Frankly, even at $45 more, it beats a child accidently peeling a page from a glued binding, having to reprint the book, or anything else. Anyway, maybe the reader of this would rather save the $45 and that is fine. I think I'll go with CM quality... and pray they come out with a linen 12x12 soon! :)

Oh, and if you don't know, there are a ton of training videos on CM's website under Help, Digital Scrapbooking. The webinars are GREAT for any level.

Good luck and enjoy!

LB

Can I ask a question? Do ya'll work with regular scrapbooks or stay with digital scrapbooks? I just picked up over 600 pictures from our Dec. Poly vacation and I really need to start my "I'm going to scrapbook someday" scrapbook. I have all the stuff to do a regular one but know nothing about the digital ones and have no clue how to use a computer to do anything with pictures except print one from a special printer, not even a regular printer. What would you recommend I do besides leave all my pictures in the boxes they are stored in? Thanks!

Signed,

Hopelessly unscrapable

I put some digital layouts in a bound book, ie Anniversary album I just did, some digital layouts I have printed out and put in a traditional album.

Just thought I would pop in here and say hi. love the software! I have created a lot of great pages and have also been using the software to create collages for hybrid scrapbooking!

I love the sample page you have under your name. I don't suppose you would be willing to share directions?

I love the sample page you have under your name. I don't suppose you would be willing to share directions?

That page is a traditional layout, not digital. If it was digital, I would be happy to share directions! :)

I have been researching this Scrapbooking Forum and I am still hopelessly confused! I would like to start digital scrapping but I don't know where to begin? Should I buy a program such as Creative Memories? Or some other brand? I am able to putz through the programming on a basic computer but I am not sure about being creative. I assume I could buy or try one of the free programs out there? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am so overwhelmed...photoshop? Creative Memories? Digital Freebies.com, HELP!!!:confused3:confused3:confused3

I forgot to mention that I can't find the thread "Digital Scrapbooking FAQ's" mentioned in early posts? Is it on a new sticky linked somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter