Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
I know there are a few of us. I thought it would be nice if we knew who uses this program and maybe we could share some hints and tips for working with this particular software for digital scrapping. Anyway, I'd like to know who else is having fun playing with Creative Memories StoryBook Creator Plus! (oh yeah, I'm not a CMC, so I have no vested interest in anyone buying this software, just thought I'd put that out there)

I do. I love it. So far it is meeting all of my needs.... Do you want to just share tips on this thread, Jess?

This is just a little tip, but one thing that I am liking -- I think someone on this board pointed it out... is that if you right click on any photo, paper, element, etc. and go down to Properties, you can enter dimensions, rotation in degrees, distance you want that particular element from various edges, etc (you may need to unlock the aspect ratio to make desired changes).... I have found this useful for lining things up both vertically and horizontally as well as for getting various pictures exactly the same size or rotated the same, etc.... I'm not always THAT geometric, but for some of my LOs it's been really helpful.... That's my first tip... Looking forward to hearing from others. Great idea to start this thread, Jessica. :thumbsup2

I also use SBC+. I am finding it very useful.

One thing that I have started doing with the software is to create all of my templates as a separate storybook. Then, when I want to use one of them, I just go to Import Page and import the template that I want to use. Of course... as far as I know... you have to use the .png files to make the templates. This has been very helpful to me because I love to use templates.

Looking forward to hearing more from all of you.

Jenifer (lovegoofy) shared with me the template idea a while back, and it was SUCH a good idea..... having them all "premade" and ready to import makes using them a snap.... GREAT TIP!

I do. I love it. So far it is meeting all of my needs.... Do you want to just share tips on this thread, Jess?

Tips, tricks, hints, helps, whatever. I figure we should probably keep the layouts mostly on the layout thread, but if we want to share ideas or illustrate a technique, it would be great to see some of that here, too.

I am getting into the idea of templates for SBC+, too. I have made some of my own by using the photo boxes and gray shapes to mimic other kinds of templates. It is really cool. We could even upload them to one of those file sharing sites and share them. I think I'm going to make one of the Mickey head/Illuminations LO I did a while ago to share with everyone. We'll see how that goes!

One of my customers just started using SB+ and is over the moon over all it does. She has used several digital programs but says this offers the most options.

I just got this for Mother's Day. I am a complete newbie to digital scrapbooking . So far I have just played with this creating page ideas without photos.

Vickey

I love Story book +, I'm a CM consultant and I just got the Digital Disney CD. I've loaded it on and played with it but haven't really done any real pictures on it yet but I can say I'm loving it. We leave for Disney next week I can't wait to get home and really play with the program. Two of my great loves in one thing Disney and CM scrapbooking. :cool1:
Next week at this time I'll be having breakfast with Tigger at CP.

I love Story book +, I'm a CM consultant and I just got the Digital Disney CD. I've loaded it on and played with it but haven't really done any real pictures on it yet but I can say I'm loving it. We leave for Disney next week I can't wait to get home and really play with the program. Two of my great loves in one thing Disney and CM scrapbooking. :cool1:
Next week at this time I'll be having breakfast with Tigger at CP.

Ooooh, you luck duck! Headed to Disney AND you have the CM digital stuff in your hot little hands already!! I can't wait for June 1 so i can download the Disney stuff, too!!

is the Disney digital all available on a CD or do you download each kit? Don't have SB+ yet, but i might have to get it in order to use the Disney stuff. Anyone download SB+ stuff to use with other programs? I use photoshop currently.

is the Disney digital all available on a CD or do you download each kit? Don't have SB+ yet, but i might have to get it in order to use the Disney stuff. Anyone download SB+ stuff to use with other programs? I use photoshop currently.

I don't think you can use the CM stuff in Photoshop, but I"m not 100% sure of that. I know that you don't have to buy the digital content CD's, they should be available for download on June 1. If the CD's came with the 12x12 pages on them, I'd buy them, but for now, it makes more sense for me to download the kits I want individually.

i agree, but if they offered a package with everything Disney Digital i would probably buy it.:goodvibes

I don't think you can use the CM stuff in Photoshop, but I"m not 100% sure of that.
Apparently you can save the CM digi-stuff as .png or .jpegs (forget which) and then use them in Photoshop ... of course you have to have SBC+ to do that. Too bad CM doesn't offer the kits in a format usable by all digi-scrappers.

Apparently you can save the CM digi-stuff as .png or .jpegs (forget which) and then use them in Photoshop ... of course you have to have SBC+ to do that. Too bad CM doesn't offer the kits in a format usable by all digi-scrappers.

i guess there would be less of a need to purchase SB+ then. I have photoshop but if the Disney stuff is well worth it, i will buy the SB+ and try it with my PSE.

One of the few things you can't do in SBC+ is tear paper... I wrote CM and asked them to add this feature -- they said they are working on it. In the meantime, this is a cool little site -- she makes paper tear templates in .png format -- so you can import them in and have "tears" on your LOs. I also bought the torn alpha -- thought it was kind of fun.

http://www.digitalpapertearing.com/store/index.php?main_page=index

I am not sure if you have tried this - but you can take a torn piece of paper - recolor it white and then copy it - change the copy to the piece of paper that you want and offset it over the white piece and it looks torn - does that make sense?

I am not sure if you have tried this - but you can take a torn piece of paper - recolor it white and then copy it - change the copy to the piece of paper that you want and offset it over the white piece and it looks torn - does that make sense?

OMG -- That makes perfect sense -- I will have to try that -- GREAT idea.

I'm new to digital scrapbooking and using SBC+. I love the idea of sharing tips though I don't really have any to add at the moment.

I'm curious about how you bring a paper tearing template into SBC+. I know how to bring in my own papers and embellishments (or I should say, those by talented non-CM designers) but I have no idea how I'd bring in a template. Paper tearing is one thing I'd love to have! And I'm not sure if I get the thing about taking a torn piece of paper- are you saying if you have an embellishment that's a torn piece of paper you can change it to look like another patterned paper? How does that work?

I'm new to digital scrapbooking and using SBC+. I love the idea of sharing tips though I don't really have any to add at the moment.

I'm curious about how you bring a paper tearing template into SBC+. I know how to bring in my own papers and embellishments (or I should say, those by talented non-CM designers) but I have no idea how I'd bring in a template. Paper tearing is one thing I'd love to have! And I'm not sure if I get the thing about taking a torn piece of paper- are you saying if you have an embellishment that's a torn piece of paper you can change it to look like another patterned paper? How does that work?

Hi Lesley,

You can take the embellishment and click on it and then either
1) Go to tools ribbon and pick a piece of paper from the "paper" option or
2) Go to papers on the right side and use the drop downon the desired element "fill selected shape".

I hope this helps!

I tried the test template from the link for paper tearing and was able to make it work. Took a bit of playing around with the magic wand (which I still don't quite "get"). But with it I was able to cut out the "torn" edge from the paper, erase any leftovers, then put the white back over it to make it look like a white torn edge. Is that how its done?

Sure would be nice if CM would throw in a tearing tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter