Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I think the Creative Memories is a pretty simple program to start with. I've tried Photoshop (sis has it) and it's a rather complicated program to learn. Once you understand it it's fine I guess but if you're only using it for scrapping then SBC+ is a less expensive and just as good program. You can do a lot with it and it uses a lot of the freebies available on the web. They also have a lot of tutorials about how to use it on the main website and a couple of blogs. I've played with a few of the freebies but I had no luck learning them. Not sure how much that helped but it's all I've got.

I have been researching this Scrapbooking Forum and I am still hopelessly confused! I would like to start digital scrapping but I don't know where to begin? Should I buy a program such as Creative Memories? Or some other brand? I am able to putz through the programming on a basic computer but I am not sure about being creative. I assume I could buy or try one of the free programs out there? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am so overwhelmed...photoshop? Creative Memories? Digital Freebies.com, HELP!!!:confused3:confused3:confused3

I forgot to mention that I can't find the thread "Digital Scrapbooking FAQ's" mentioned in early posts? Is it on a new sticky linked somewhere?

Hi! I am a 100% digital scrapper. Yes, it can get a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, it really is so much fun. There are so many different ways to be creative.

For beginning scrappers, I use and recommend ACDSee Photo Editor. I have used CK Scrapbook Designer Deluxe, Photoshop and PS Elements. I think that Photo Editor is the easiest to use. And it gives you a lot of "bang for your buck." It is easy but it has lots of room to grow as you become more skilled.

You can get a lot of good scrap freebies,so it doesn't end up being very expensive.
Here is a great list to get you started.

squidoo.com/digitalscrapbookfreebies

Also you can try out Photo Editor for free at acdsee.com

You can find tutorials here
digiscrapinfo.com

Have fun,and be warned- it is addicting!:yay:

I'm sorry if this question has been asked but...... 75 pages is A LOT to read :)

For those of you who have CM's SBC, what is your method for printing? I really don't want to have to spend the money to have CM print them all the time. Is there a way to get a 12X12 printed if I don't have a 12X12 printer? I made a 8X8 book and printed it on my home printer. I'd really like to have as 12X12 book of my upcoming Disney trip. ThankS!~

I have to admit that I also have not gotten through all 75 pages of this thread, but wanted to know about SBC+...

I currently have been using PSE 5.0 and have been having problems with it recently. I've thought about upgrading to PSE 8.0, but have also wondered about switching to SBC+.

I'm all into ease of use : )

My concern is that I have lots of purchased digital kits and templates from misc stores and digital freebies...can these be used or "imported" easily into SBC+?

Thanks!

Cheryl

Some kits I have had no problem importing in, however some templates have been impossible.

You can import regular templates into SBC, but first you have to save each layer separately. It is very time consuming, but it can be done.

The picture in the left (my avatar) is a Beauty and The Beast digital page inspired in a paper page I saw. I'll be happy to share the SBC template. Just send a private message.

subbing to this post

I am interested in digital but not sure which program to buy. Creative Memories has a lot of fans! :)

You can import regular templates into SBC, but first you have to save each layer separately. It is very time consuming, but it can be done.

The picture in the left (my avatar) is a Beauty and The Beast digital page inspired in a paper page I saw. I'll be happy to share the SBC template. Just send a private message.

So if you have SBC, you can still use other elements that are out on the web? or not? (Sorry I'm a techno-dork!)

So if you have SBC, you can still use other elements that are out on the web? or not? (Sorry I'm a techno-dork!)

Yes, you can use all the digi scrap kits out there, not just Cm's. If you check out my Disney book, you can see that I used tons of other designers stuff in it and I made all the pages in SBC+. SBC+ is great for "techno-dorks" :laughing: because it is a lot easier to learn than programs like PhotoShop Elements (PSE).

Hey all, I just found this thread and I love the tips and tricks! I've still learned so much from all of you! I'm looking forward to seeing more digital examples coming out. I have yet to do a digital Disney page, but I'm planning on doing a full book for my next trip since the in-laws will be with us and then I can just order extra copies for them without the extra work :woohoo:.

I also use CM SBC for my digital scrapbooking. Right now I'm working on an autograph book for my daughter for this year's disney trip using SBC.

Also what I have done with templates from other sites, is basically pretend it's an element, stretch it to fill the page or area I want it go in, then change the obacity of the template so I can see any pictures,paper or element when placed under the template and then I slowly start cropping my pictures or paper to the size/shape of the item in the template I want to match with. It is a little work, and a lot of using the lock and unlock button but I have found it to work great!

Hi all,
I have SBC+ and Memory Manager. I've finished one book and am continually learning. I'm thinking of getting a laptop totally dedicated to photos and scrap booking. I'm seeking opinions on:

Is this a good idea?
If so what about...

Screen size, Is bigger better?
Internal Hard drive size
External drive size
Does this program run well on Windows 7?
Any input is appreciated,
Thanks

Hi all,
I have SBC+ and Memory Manager. I've finished one book and am continually learning. I'm thinking of getting a laptop totally dedicated to photos and scrap booking. I'm seeking opinions on:

Is this a good idea?
If so what about...

Screen size, Is bigger better?
Internal Hard drive size
External drive size
Does this program run well on Windows 7?
Any input is appreciated,
Thanks

I don't think bigger is necessarily better when it comes to screen size. I wouldn't go smaller than 15", but a 17" laptop is heavy to lug around. I had a 17, now I have a 15 and I'm happy with the smaller screen.

As for hard drives, in that case, i think bigger is better! I forget what my internal drive is, but I also have a 500GB external drive (one of the small ones) and that setup works great for me.

I don't have Windows 7, so I don't know about that.

The software is on sale for the next two weeks for 40% off, so at that price, you can't go wrong!

Hi! I am completely new and a little intimidated by the thought of digital scrapbooks! I have made plenty of "photo books" but just using the templates that they have available....I want my yearly and vacation books to look as great as they do in this thread! So I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. I have no software so I am guessing that's where I need to start....is creative memories the best? And I noticed someone said software was 40% off...is that the creative memories?

2. If I get the CM do I have to print the books through their site or can I use a nother site? I like winkflash because they often have their flat rate sale but shutterfly is the only one I noticed that strictly says "scrapbooking"

3. Someone stated that disney kits were to be available soon through CM...is this separate from the storybook plus software? Or is it part of the package?

4. How do you make a disney page with CM....do you save clipart and are able to insert in to the program?

Sorry so many questions but I don't want to get something that I won't be able to use! I am okay on a computer but not great! TIA:goodvibes

Hi! I am completely new and a little intimidated by the thought of digital scrapbooks! I have made plenty of "photo books" but just using the templates that they have available....I want my yearly and vacation books to look as great as they do in this thread! So I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. I have no software so I am guessing that's where I need to start....is creative memories the best? And I noticed someone said software was 40% off...is that the creative memories?

2. If I get the CM do I have to print the books through their site or can I use a nother site? I like winkflash because they often have their flat rate sale but shutterfly is the only one I noticed that strictly says "scrapbooking"

3. Someone stated that disney kits were to be available soon through CM...is this separate from the storybook plus software? Or is it part of the package?

4. How do you make a disney page with CM....do you save clipart and are able to insert in to the program?

Sorry so many questions but I don't want to get something that I won't be able to use! I am okay on a computer but not great! TIA:goodvibes

CM Storybook Creator Plus (SBC+) is currently on sale. This would be great time to purchase it. It is a super easy program to use. I have printed two of my vacation books through CM, and I just love them. You do get coupons with some of the content cd's. So watch for thoose. There are some Disney kits available through the end of June. It is my understanding that these will be retired, and new ones will be coming out. No official word that I know of, just what I have read online. I am not a CM consultant. Making pages/books/cards is super easy with SBC+. You pretty much drag and drop. I have another digi scrapbook program, but I like SBC+ better. It is just so easy to use. Here is a link to a great website for some training ideas. Also, there are some fb pages out there that offer training as well. Good luck!

http://www.pixels2pages.net/

Thanks so much for the info! You said that the software was on sale right now...can I buy it online or do I need to contact a consultant? Thanks again for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter