Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I stumbled upon this software last night somewhere online. Can't remember where now. Normally, I dismiss anything Creative Memories for whatever reason. And I usually really dismiss scrapping software that isn't mainstream due to limitations, glitches, or lack of tutorials.

I started looking into it, and might just give this a try. I do know someone already who is a CMC & she mentioned it to me a couple months ago in passing, but again, I dismissed it as a salespitch.

I have PhotoShop Elements but have only dabbled in it. I do have a ton of digiscrap supplies I've collected though. :goodvibes Like that I could use those too.

Nice to see this thread is here if I go this path. Perhaps after the holidays. Have enough on my plate right now don't need to start anything new just yet.

I caved. I'm so weak. :laughing: I downloaded the free version & one of their free kits and started playing with it. Sure does seem easy enough. Haven't tried adding any embellishments yet, theirs or mine. Will have to see how to bring those into the program. Assuming that's possible in the free version? Haven't watched any tutorials yet, so not sure what the free version does or doesn't allow you to do.

I like it though. Already got further than I would have with Photoshop Elements without reading anything. :thumbsup2 I'm somewhat computer savvy, but I just don't find PE to be intuitive. SBC was more intuitive for me. That's very good.

I caved. I'm so weak. :laughing: I downloaded the free version & one of their free kits and started playing with it. Sure does seem easy enough. Haven't tried adding any embellishments yet, theirs or mine. Will have to see how to bring those into the program. Assuming that's possible in the free version? Haven't watched any tutorials yet, so not sure what the free version does or doesn't allow you to do.

I like it though. Already got further than I would have with Photoshop Elements without reading anything. :thumbsup2 I'm somewhat computer savvy, but I just don't find PE to be intuitive. SBC was more intuitive for me. That's very good.

I'm pretty sure you can only use the CM predesigned pages in the free version. You have to have the full one to use all the great freebies and kits out there by other designers. I think SBC+ is the best of the digi scrapping software out there. I have PSE, too, and like you said, it just isn't intuitive.. Sure, i could pay a bunch of money for online classes like from Jessica Sprague, or I could jump right into SBC+ and start scrapping! It really is a lot of fun. Come on, join our group of addicts! :dance3:

I'm pretty sure you can only use the CM predesigned pages in the free version. You have to have the full one to use all the great freebies and kits out there by other designers. I think SBC+ is the best of the digi scrapping software out there. I have PSE, too, and like you said, it just isn't intuitive.. Sure, i could pay a bunch of money for online classes like from Jessica Sprague, or I could jump right into SBC+ and start scrapping! It really is a lot of fun. Come on, join our group of addicts! :dance3:

I may just end up joining you all. I have 2 trips to scrap. One the photos are already all printed out & I was going to do a modified photo album just to get it done. Second trip, I already bought some papers & embellishments for themed to the location. Perhaps I could turn that trip into a hybrid album & still use the embellishments. Or even scan the papers & use them too. :laughing:

After the holidays. After. Must keep repeating this. ;)

I may just end up joining you all. I have 2 trips to scrap. One the photos are already all printed out & I was going to do a modified photo album just to get it done. Second trip, I already bought some papers & embellishments for themed to the location. Perhaps I could turn that trip into a hybrid album & still use the embellishments. Or even scan the papers & use them too. :laughing:

After the holidays. After. Must keep repeating this. ;)

Feel free to look at my book in my siggy for some inspiration or go over to the gallery at www.mousescrappers.com for tons more inspiration!

You could totally do a hybrid album. I have never tried it, but I think it could be really cool.

Another option for the photos you have already printed is the CM Disney Picfolio. It is a "pocket" style album that you can just slide your photos in. I did that with one of my trips when I accepted that I would not get them done so I could move on to a more current trip to move to digi.

Another option for the photos you have already printed is the CM Disney Picfolio. It is a "pocket" style album that you can just slide your photos in. I did that with one of my trips when I accepted that I would not get them done so I could move on to a more current trip to move to digi.

That actually is the plan for the pics I already have printed. Along with a bit of journaling.

I absolutely LOVE the SC+!! My BFF is a CM consultant and I've taught her more about how to use it! I'm on my 5th digital book. I'm working on my Disney book and it's a lot harder than I thought. I am doing it part traditional and part digital. so figuring out which pictures should be printed and which shouldn't be is tougher than I imagined. the word merge is truly my favorite to do!

You're so funny Jessica!! You make us sound like we need a 12 step program.... oh wait... maybe we do :rotfl2:

The mickey head looks good. Did you make it or use the one out of the c.d.and then fill it and "fix" it. I will be able to do it at the end of the day hopefully. The girl that is sitting next to me (anouther consultant) was showing me a glitter thing she made. She just learned how to take the paper and turn it into glitter. She is teaching a class today and is going to show us how to do it. I learned thursday how to make the globe, It took me 6 hours to get my kids football team thankyous done for the coaches. I had to figure out how to not cut the kids heads off ect. Then where to write the names. It turned out good, I thought.

Just wanted to tell you that I was kind of intimidated by the program at first however, I started playing around with it and found that it is really user friendly. Maybe just jump in and start a new project- I called mine "trial" and then started adding and subtracting things to the page. It made me feel more confident especially since I knew no onw would ever see it!:rotfl:

Thanks. I have played around with it a bit and it's fairly easy to figure out -- well sorta??? I've made several "trial" books. LOL. And yes, I'm glad noone can see them as well. I wish I knew how to or where to bring in kits that I find on the web in SBC. I've gotten several free and purchased (pages/papers with embelishment kits), but don't have a clue where to put them in SBC or how to do it. Do I need to sort the paper from the embelishments and if I do, where do they go. If I have to do this, I can see that taking ages to accomplish. That would be more trouble then it's worth. The only thing that i can figure out right now is to bring in a paper or embelishment as a photo and then drag it to a clear page. There's got to be a better way????? Perhaps I should stick with traditional scrapbooking....sigh. Oh, BTW I can't seem to connect with the consultant of the consultant...

Thanks. I have played around with it a bit and it's fairly easy to figure out -- well sorta??? I've made several "trial" books. LOL. And yes, I'm glad noone can see them as well. I wish I knew how to or where to bring in kits that I find on the web in SBC. I've gotten several free and purchased (pages/papers with embelishment kits), but don't have a clue where to put them in SBC or how to do it. Do I need to sort the paper from the embelishments and if I do, where do they go. If I have to do this, I can see that taking ages to accomplish. That would be more trouble then it's worth. The only thing that i can figure out right now is to bring in a paper or embelishment as a photo and then drag it to a clear page. There's got to be a better way????? Perhaps I should stick with traditional scrapbooking....sigh. Oh, BTW I can't seem to connect with the consultant of the consultant...

Once you open a project, go to the Insert ribbon, click it.
Go to paper. It will ask if you wan to insert from file, click on that.
I have my scrapbook files saved to a file on my desktop, so I click on desktop, find the file, and open to whatever I want to add to SBC.
If you want to add an embellishment, do the same thing but instead of clicking on paper, click on embellishment.

What had me confused at first was on the first page, it has add page. I thought that was what I needed until I played around a bit. Hope this helps!

I have so much other content that I don't even bother loading it into the SBC+ Content Manager anymore. I just open Windows Photo Viewer (I use XP) at the same time I have SBC+ open. I browse to my Digital Downloads in Photo Viewer and then when I find what I want, I click and hold the mouse button and drag that item into SBC+. KWIM? Try it! It works GREAT!

Does anybody know how to use photomasks in SBC+? I am new to SBC+ and can't seem to figure out how to use Photomasks there...and I am leaving early tomorrow morning for WDW, so really need to get my layout done today for a challenge over at Mousescrappers! Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Well, I did it. I ordered the software tonight. Decided on the CD version since I'm in no rush. I can't possibly see me having time to get started on this in Dec or in Jan. Hopefully in Feb when life quiets down for me, but I wanted to get it now, so I'll have it when I'm ready. :goodvibes

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read through all 81 pages yet. I think I'm going to join you though!

I discovered scrapbooking when my son was 1 year old. I fell in love with it, but I'm not a creative person. I usually have to copy other layouts and ideas. I became a CM Consultant because I bought so much from them. Then I had my second son... bought less, deactivated, and now haven't touched my scrapbooks in 2 years I think! I have so much stuff, and love the way albums turn out, but with a full time job and 2 kids, I just don't have time for it and the mess. I think it's time to go digital. In my usual fashion though, I will obsess over it for a while, wishing someone would just make the decision for me! I have tons of pages, paper packages, stickers... Maybe I'll still do a little of both, but digital seems the way to go.

I'll probably order the cd tonight, and download the free software until I get the cd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter