Target December 10% Off Gift Card

Just bought 6 in a row at self checkout... after 3 my Disney visa declined the 4th (pissed cause I called to wave off the fraud alert this morning) no biggie, next 2 I used my Amex Delta sky miles card, declined on the third so I pulled out another Amex for the 6th card. LOL.
I had two extra cards that I didn't purchase but I lost track with one of the cards, so I threw them all in the bag! Didn't want to leave behind an activated card.
Oh and I got one each at 2 separate stores before I hit the self checkout line at the 3rd store.

Now I am hoping to be able to buy Disney cards with these in the next few days!!

Last edited:
I just bought three at the same store. Three different credit cards, one check out at electronics, two check-out at the same cashier in the front (they only had two cashiers open). One person at the other cashier was like, why isn't the 10% coming off the $500 so I told her it was because the limit was $300.

I bought one $300 max target card online. I will redeem it for disney gift cards tomorrow. I've
still got some gc cards left to spend on our next DCL cruise on the Magic in 54 days.

Just to be clear kristenrice... You will then use these Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards? Through a cashier or do you have to go through a self checkout?
Yes, I will be buying a total of $1200 in Disney gift cards....probably not all at once. There are no Targets in my area that have self-checkout, but my regular store knows me by name and they are very familiar with how I use my Target gift cards for Disney gift cards. They have no problems at all with me using the Target cards to buy Disney gift cards. I am comfortable with it since I know that it is within their policy and I have never (knock on wood) run into a cashier that would not allow it. I've even mentioned to them that I will be a very unhappy customer if they change their policy and stop allowing GC to GC purchases and they said, "I doubt that will ever happen"...I hope they're right!

I've got so much "scheming" going on that I can almost not keep track.

Bought $1500 worth of target gift cards, which will be turned into Disney gift cards tomorrow then loaded into my Disney a savings account for the extra 2%.

I bought them with my Southwest Premier card (second of my 2 Southwest cards) as I hope to hit the companion pass level by February/March.

And working with a travel agent for a quote for the magical Labor Day deal next year...!

I got some this morning, they wouldn't let me pay for them with a Target GC I already had. She also didn't think they could be used to buy other GC, but wasn't for sure. I will try and if not we always go to Target.

Just bought 6 in a row at self checkout... after 3 my Disney visa declined the 4th (pissed cause I called to wave off the fraud alert this morning) no biggie, next 2 I used my Amex Delta sky miles card, declined on the third so I pulled out another Amex for the 6th card. LOL.
I had two extra cards that I didn't purchase but I lost track with one of the cards, so I threw them all in the bag! Didn't want to leave behind an activated card.
Oh and I got one each at 2 separate stores before I hit the self checkout line at the 3rd store.

Now I am hoping to be able to buy Disney cards with these in the next few days!!

I actually had to call Chase when I started getting declined. I called them and spoke to a rep directly and they put note on our account that we would be doing this many more times today. I didn't have any problems after that.

Also, one target let me buy 3 at a time despite the advertised limit. Saved me driving about 50 miles roundtrip to what would have been a third target.

Question about this. It seems like my target doesn't have that many disney gift cards at a time. Do you guys find this and do you just buy what you can and return when they restock them?

Question about this. It seems like my target doesn't have that many disney gift cards at a time. Do you guys find this and do you just buy what you can and return when they restock them?

I've never done this before, but I scoped out my Target today. The front gift card kiosk had no Disney cards, the mid-store kiosk on the way to electronics/toys had several $50 Disney cards. In electronics there was a whole gift card section, and they had a ton of Disney cards in a variety of denominations, including $100

I've never done this before, but I scoped out my Target today. The front gift card kiosk had no Disney cards, the mid-store kiosk on the way to electronics/toys had several $50 Disney cards. In electronics there was a whole gift card section, and they had a ton of Disney cards in a variety of denominations, including $100
Yes! My target also has some in the checkout lines as well as random endcaps throughout the store. I also have tons of targets by me, so it doesn't really matter if one runs out

Has anyone heard if they will be running the "Buy 2, Get a $5 GC" promo again this year? I'm not in a hurry to convert to Disney Gift Cards as my DVC dues aren't due until January 15 and I don't need to buy my AP until January 3. I will gladly hang on to my Target gift cards if it means that I could get another $60 in Target cards...or more, if they include the $25 ones again:D.

You bought the 10% off cards at self-checkout? I have one more to do, and it would be so nice if I could just run through the self-checkout lane because I want to use Target gift cards to purchase.

Has anyone heard if they will be running the "Buy 2, Get a $5 GC" promo again this year? I'm not in a hurry to convert to Disney Gift Cards as my DVC dues aren't due until January 15 and I don't need to buy my AP until January 3. I will gladly hang on to my Target gift cards if it means that I could get another $60 in Target cards...or more, if they include the $25 ones again:D.
This is my exact same question, too. I'd rather hold onto my cards and wait to convert them if they're going to run that promotion again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter