Target December 10% Off Gift Card

You guys are hard core! I'm buying either $100 or $150. I don't think I can afford more right now. And while I certainly shop at Target a lot I don't want to get stuck with too many gift certificates if they suddenly decided we can't use them to buy Disney gift certificates later.

Just was able to buy Disney gift card with Target gift card in Colorado Springs.
I just used a whole heap of $5 an $10 FWP gift cards to buy a $50 Disney gift card. I did lump it in with my regular grocery purchase though so I can't say for certain that it "worked", but I doubt I would have had a problem.

I bought $900 with my own account and two friends to use at target not for Disney cards.

My trip is paid in full. The $900 will last me about five months at target so I see it as a free $90.

I am pretty sure it was the week following the 10% off Target GC sale. And then there was a glitch and we actually got it two weeks in a row
It actually happened prior to the 10% off target cards sale last year. It was 2 weeks in a row in early December (the first week was not supposed to apply to Disney cards but since the ad said any 2 gift cards not only those in the ad managers were honoring it on Disney cards as well. The 10% target gift card deal was the Sunday before Christmas last year. Two years ago it was Black Friday am

This is great. Ok, so my balance on my reservation is $2500. Can I pay this off with the gift cards.

I tried to make a payment through the Disney

website last week and was told that option is not available on the site right now. Will I be able to pay over the phone with the Disney GCs

THANKS!!!

This is great. Ok, so my balance on my reservation is $2500. Can I pay this off with the gift cards.

I tried to make a payment through the Disney

website last week and was told that option is not available on the site right now. Will I be able to pay over the phone with the Disney GCs

THANKS!!!

You should be able to. But what you want to do is create an account on disneygiftcard.com and combine gift cards, up to $1000. So then you'll only have 3 numbers to read off to the cast member.

REMEMBER, though, that if for some reason you need to cancel, the funds go back onto the gift card so don't toss it.

I'm back! I got $175 total. I'm happy with that since my trip isn't totally a done deal yet. I know the cards don't expire but I don't want to have a lot of money tied up in cards if I end up not going.

Bough the 900 dollars worth today. Planning on turning around and purchasing two iPad pros tommorow since we were travelling and missed the Black Friday deal.

Debating buying online to save another 5% with red card or driving to Delaware to save7% sales tax. We'll see if laziness wins out.

Bough the 900 dollars worth today. Planning on turning around and purchasing two iPad pros tommorow since we were travelling and missed the Black Friday deal.

Debating buying online to save another 5% with red card or driving to Delaware to save7% sales tax. We'll see if laziness wins out.

Should be the same either way.
Extra 5% does not apply to gift card purchases and they are not harder tax. Tax is charged when gift card is used not when it is purchased. You are puchasing $300 worth not $300 plus tax.

Save the trip and use a credit card. Not a target card but one that earns rewards. That's the best way to maximize the percentage.

Can you buy online and do in store pick-up in Delaware to save on sales tax? While also going through a shopping portal?

Should be the same either way.
Extra 5% does not apply to gift card purchases and they are not harder tax. Tax is charged when gift card is used not when it is purchased. You are puchasing $300 worth not $300 plus tax.

Save the trip and use a credit card. Not a target card but one that earns rewards. That's the best way to maximize the percentage.
Typically when I've bought soemthing online from target and used redcard it takes 5% off the entire purchase even if like 95% is paid with gift card. I haven't done it lately though.

I bought the gift cards and did not pay tax. There is no sales tax in Delaware. I live in Pa where there is 7% sales tax. So I could save 70 dollars by going 25 miles to Delaware.

The gift cards were already bought with. Reward card. I just have another 100 dollars and I didn't feel like getting in a 3 rd checkout line at target today.

Bought $900 today and am considering another $300 online. Just not sure we an be out $1200 right now.

Fingers crossed I'll be able to buy my Disney cards next week. I'll keep an eye out for that $5 promotion you are mentioning. That would be great.

So nervous! I don't want to be stuck with that much in Target gift cards but the %10 is still better than the red card. I think I spend about $150 there a month so eventually I would use them all.

Typically when I've bought soemthing online from target and used redcard it takes 5% off the entire purchase even if like 95% is paid with gift card. I haven't done it lately though.

I bought the gift cards and did not pay tax. There is no sales tax in Delaware. I live in Pa where there is 7% sales tax. So I could save 70 dollars by going 25 miles to Delaware.

The gift cards were already bought with. Reward card. I just have another 100 dollars and I didn't feel like getting in a 3 rd checkout line at target today.
Even if you bought them where there is sales tax there is not sales tax on gift cards in any state.

The 5% no longer works online for target gift cards.

Even if you bought them where there is sales tax there is not sales tax on gift cards in any state.

The 5% no longer works online for target gift cards.

PP is talking about buying the iPads online or in store. The gift cards have already been purchased. Buying online, getting the Red Card 5% off, plus the no sales tax by doing in-store pickup in Delaware PLUS going through a shopping portal would be cheapest way to go about purchasing iPads.

Has anyone heard if they will be running the "Buy 2, Get a $5 GC" promo again this year? I'm not in a hurry to convert to Disney Gift Cards as my DVC dues aren't due until January 15 and I don't need to buy my AP until January 3. I will gladly hang on to my Target gift cards if it means that I could get another $60 in Target cards...or more, if they include the $25 ones again:D.
If this promotion does happen... can you buy more gift cards with the $5 you get for 2 cards?

UGH, just got back from target. I bought 3 people with me. Was going to have each person buy a 300$ GC. The cashier says we can put them all together and get the discount. I said are you sure? She says yes. So we pay and I asked her did the 30 come off each one and she said yes. I look at the receipt before we leave and the 30 only came off one. So I go right to the service desk and the card will not scan to return because it does not activate til tomorrow. 45 minutes later they say come back tomorrow and return it they will honor the 10 %. I know damn well when I going back tomorrow there is going to be some grumpy person saying no no no we don't do that. That is not policy. Double ugh!

@don8life---I am so sorry you were told the wrong thing! That sounds super frustrating :(

I dragged DD and DH to Target this am and everyone had a separate credit card and line. Then I came home and ordered $300 more on line.
DH is sending 5 x $100 to his family in California; I'm giving $200 in gifts and I have no doubt that I can use $500 either for Disney gift cards and if that doesn't go through (like last year!) then for Target purchases over the next couple of months. I can't sneeze at $120!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter