• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target December 10% Off Gift Card

Has anyone tried the following:

1) Buy a $94 Target Gift Card (for 10% off so that's $84.60).
2) Go back the next day and buy a Disney GC for $100. Give them the Target Gift Card for $94 and use the Red Card for the last of it. Will using the Red Card invoke 5% off the purchase like it normally does? (Bringing the total of the Gift Card to $95) If so, this would be a savings of closer to 15% not 10%.

Has anyone tried this in a previous year?

Has anyone tried the following:

1) Buy a $94 Target Gift Card (for 10% off so that's $84.60).
2) Go back the next day and buy a Disney GC for $100. Give them the Target Gift Card for $94 and use the Red Card for the last of it. Will using the Red Card invoke 5% off the purchase like it normally does? (Bringing the total of the Gift Card to $95) If so, this would be a savings of closer to 15% not 10%.

Has anyone tried this in a previous year?

A REDcard is not a 5% off your purchase coupon. You only get 5% off the amount actually charged on the REDcard, i.e, any remaining balance after paying with a Target gift card.

A REDcard is not a 5% off your purchase coupon. You only get 5% off the amount actually charged on the REDcard, i.e, any remaining balance after paying with a Target gift card.

Ditto on your answer. Plus there's no such thing as a $94 Target gift card. ???

It is really confusing. Today & tomorrow are 15% off everything excluding gift cards for sure. Next Sunday (5th) is 10% off Target (only) gift cards. The store confirmed to me but no one seemed to know the times. I can guarantee you I will be at Target when it opens and also online. (Use for Disney cards to pay MF's)

I'll be in the store with a few different credit cards. :)

Do you have to use different credit cards? What's the limit per card?

There is no incentive to use a Target Redcard in this instance and since most other credit cards award you a minimum of 1% of your purchase back, I would use another credit card. There should be no limit. It is a store limit; however, that is very difficult to enforce as you can just go to different cashiers/registers however many times you like.

You can put whatever amount on a target gift card that you'd like I believe

Not at my Target or other Targets around me. They have 50 & (when not out) 100.
Maybe at a different store like Walgreen's etc., but not at (my) Targets in the Chicagoland area.

Maybe at a different store like Walgreen's etc., but not at (my) Targets in the Chicagoland area.
I live in Aurora and didn't know that, thanks!

I live in the Chicagoland area and you CAN put whatever amount on a Target gift card. Have you ever seen the Baby, Birthday, Christmas, Thank You, or other Target GCs that are by the registers (not in the gift card section with the other stores)? Those are the ones that you can, and I have, put anything on them. I have a $30 Target GC and next weekend, I plan on getting a $33.33 Target GC with the 10% off sale, to which I will pay $30 for.

I live in the Chicagoland area and you CAN put whatever amount on a Target gift card. Have you ever seen the Baby, Birthday, Christmas, Thank You, or other Target GCs that are by the registers (not in the gift card section with the other stores)? Those are the ones that you can, and I have, put anything on them. I have a $30 Target GC and next weekend, I plan on getting a $33.33 Target GC with the 10% off sale, to which I will pay $30 for.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but I hadn't actually tried it. Since those have no value anyway, I didn't see why you couldn't add what you wanted to it. I'm in Chicagoland too

Can someone explain this to me? If you buy a $33.33 Target GC for $30 then go the next day and buy a Disney one aren't you limited to a set amount on the Disney cards? or will they put $33.33 on one at Target for you? I know you can select any amount for the Target card, I get $15 often for kids. I want to take advantage of this, I did the Sam's club $150 pack already, but want to make sure I totally understand how it works.

So I can put the whole $300 on one gift card?

Can someone explain this to me? If you buy a $33.33 Target GC for $30 then go the next day and buy a Disney one aren't you limited to a set amount on the Disney cards? or will they put $33.33 on one at Target for you? I know you can select any amount for the Target card, I get $15 often for kids. I want to take advantage of this, I did the Sam's club $150 pack already, but want to make sure I totally understand how it works.

I was just talking about Target GCs not Disney ones. Target GCs can have any amount on them. Most other store GCs, including Disney, have a set value.

So I can put the whole $300 on one gift card?

You can put $300 on a Target GC. I did this last year.

I asked on Target's Facebook page whether the offer on December 4 will be all day or limited to 6 hours. They wouldn't answer the question. I have to go to target on Saturday and will ask the manager. If I still don't get an answer, I'll be logging into my Target account at midnight central from LAX (10 PM there) to see if the sale has begun. If I can't buy them at that time, my next opportunity will be 12 hours later in Shanghai.

So to summarize ... instead of getting Disney Gift Cards from Target at the normal 5% off (using RedCard), we can get them for ~11% off (~1% credit card rewards + 10% off Target Gift cards).

Is that right, or is there a way to get more than ~11%?

So to summarize ... instead of getting Disney Gift Cards from Target at the normal 5% off (using RedCard), we can get them for ~11% off (~1% credit card rewards + 10% off Target Gift cards).

Is that right, or is there a way to get more than ~11%?

To add a small bit to it, you can buy discounted Target gift cards to use to PAY for the 10% off cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter