Target December 10% Off Gift Card

We bought $400 of Target Cards today. I can't wait to start rolling them to Disney Cards over the next couple of weeks. Husband and I checked our credit card points as well, as we have enough points to buy another $750 Target Gift Cards before the end of the year, along with the Hunama Insuance Vitality Target Gift Cards of another $375, we are have saved up about a 1/3 of the trip cost for your Feb. 2018 planned trip.

Target gift cards that are physical cards can be returned with receipt right? Just want to make sure before buying in case we aren't able to buy Disney cards... we don't really shop much at Target so it would be risky if we can't return

If this promotion does happen... can you buy more gift cards with the $5 you get for 2 cards?
We did! But we had to go to a different Target because when we were purchasing our very large amount of gift cards the manager came over and said "you can't buy Disney gift cards with those gift cards!" all angry like and then huffed off and watched us from afar. So we went to the Target across town & went through self checkout and got Disney cards with a huge stack of $5 cards no problems! (I turned around to the Target employee monitoring self checkout and asked if they recycled used gift cards, he said yes and I handed him my stack. He immediately looked up at the stack of gift cards Target keeps above each register thinking I had just grabbed the stack & handed it to him, looked at me in surprise & I smiled and walked out. How he didn't hear the "please scan your gift card" a bajillion times from our machine I'll never know. The whole time I was worried someone would notice and come stop me but no issues!)

Would love to hear succes stories of purchasing Disney gift cards with the target gift cards that were purchased today. I know the Target GCs can be used starting 12/5. Please note what state you are in. I read somewhere that someone could not purchase Disney GCs with Target GCs in Washington state?!

Would love to hear succes stories of purchasing Disney gift cards with the target gift cards that were purchased today. I know the Target GCs can be used starting 12/5. Please note what state you are in. I read somewhere that someone could not purchase Disney GCs with Target GCs in Washington state?!

I am in CO. I have been regularly buying Disney GC's with Target GC's since 2012, and have never once had a problem through a regular check-out or self check-out. I plan to use my $600 I bought today to buy Disney sometime this next week. Unless there is a big policy change for Target, I do not anticipate any problems.

I don't know how much freedom individual store managers have to set/interpret/enforce policy, but one Target near me only allows 3 like entertainment cards per transaction (Disney cards are classified as entertainment cards) and you cannot use Target gift cards to pay for them, and that's nothing new at that particular location. Thankfully the bajillion other nearby Target stores do not follow that same policy, at least they haven't in the past.

We did! But we had to go to a different Target because when we were purchasing our very large amount of gift cards the manager came over and said "you can't buy Disney gift cards with those gift cards!" all angry like and then huffed off and watched us from afar. So we went to the Target across town & went through self checkout and got Disney cards with a huge stack of $5 cards no problems! (I turned around to the Target employee monitoring self checkout and asked if they recycled used gift cards, he said yes and I handed him my stack. He immediately looked up at the stack of gift cards Target keeps above each register thinking I had just grabbed the stack & handed it to him, looked at me in surprise & I smiled and walked out. How he didn't hear the "please scan your gift card" a bajillion times from our machine I'll never know. The whole time I was worried someone would notice and come stop me but no issues!)
Thanks you! I'll hold on for a few weeks then.. It would be really awesome to turn this into another 10% off! I have 6 Targets within my one hour commute!!

went first thing to turn in my cards today i bought 1200 yesterday....the transaction went though although the workers were confused tried to tell me no until i said lets see what will happen....all said and done i knew there systems better then they did. my problem was i went to early and they all had time to question what was happening.....but all said and done 120 dollars saved!

Just went to target in pa for my first exchange this year. They sold me $1500 worth of disney cards for the target gcs i bought yesterday. They did call a manager over who looked at my drivers license (im guessing just to confirm the targets gcs werent fraudulent maybe?). Anyway, transaction went fine. Will likely go back tomorrow to purchase the rest.

Can i scan the bar code from my emailed Target gift card on my phone to use at self check out, or do I need to print it out? Also wondering if there is a special way to scan the Disney Gift Cards to be sure they activate when purchased through self checkout. Only got 300 but want to flip them and use towards 13 month APs. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in southeast PA and just converted $875 in target gift cards to $850 in Disney, $15 chick fil a, and $5 target (they didn't have $25 Disney, and we eat at CFA a good bit, and I needed the $5 ones for bus driver gifts). So, an easy 12% savings on part of our next Disney trip. If another deal comes along soon, I'll just buy more because we are going in February and August with the annual passes we bought for our trip last August.

I had the gift card stack I was buying, she rang it all in, and I handed her the gift cards I bought yesterday and said they will cover it in total. No manager, no asking questions, and everything scanned through just fine.

Now off to add some to my Disney Savings Account to pay our August deposit at the Poly and combine the others onto another gift card we have.

Do i have to bother scratching off the backs of the Target gift cards, and can I purchase the disney cards at self service?
I have $2400 worth.... Should I go in few times?

Can i scan the bar code from my emailed Target gift card on my phone to use at self check out, or do I need to print it out? Also wondering if there is a special way to scan the Disney Gift Cards to be sure they activate when purchased through self checkout. Only got 300 but want to flip them and use towards 13 month APs. Thanks!

I scan GC bar codes from my phone regularly - no need to print it out.

Converted my $1800 in target cards to Disney today at self checkout. Did $300 per transaction. Only problem was that the gift cards didn't register in the bagging area, but luckily there were 3 hangers in the bin, so I put one on after each card. Quite the assembly line

Just make sure the scanner is working at the self check out. Today I went in with my $300 Target G.C. to buy my $300 in Disney G.C. got all the way to the end at the self checkout and went to pay and the scanner was broken. A manager had to take me to a regular register to do the transaction. All worked...but a bit more complicated than it should have been.

Purchased my 300 worth of Disney Cards via the self checkout with the Target cards I bought online yesterday. I thought I was in trouble when the bagging area gave me so many issues that a rep had to come over. The young lady asked me if I was paying with a gift card. I froze cause I thought she was going to tell me that I could not complete the transaction paying with a gift card so I said no, I put $ on my Target acccount, tentatively and she looked over and saw the gift card on my phone, hit pay with gift card or something, and gave me my receipt. Just saved 30 towards my APs... Wish I had the funds available to have done enough to pay for all the APs. BTW, this was NY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter