Target December 10% Off Gift Card

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
Target again this year will offer their one day special offering 10% off their gift cards. Since you are no longer able to purchase on line and take advantage of the 5% Red Card discount for those having purchased big dollars in the past, how will that effect your purchases?

Last edited:
This is an issue I'm following also, but I don't know what you mean by not being able to take the 5% Red Card discount. I understand what that is, btw. I was able to buy a Disney card today with a Target gift card, however.

From what I have read elsewhere, no, you will only get the 10% off the Target cards.

Ooo following for this. Absolutely will be taking advantage again! I remember it was just 10%, not the additional 5%.

I just read the news release. Is their 10% off just for Target gift cards? I know they sell all kinds of gift cards. Do you have to buy a target card and then use it to buy a Disney card? Sounds kind of cumbersome but could be worth it.

I just read the news release. Is their 10% off just for Target gift cards? I know they sell all kinds of gift cards. Do you have to buy a target card and then use it to buy a Disney card? Sounds kind of cumbersome but could be worth it.

Yes you can do that. However, if it's like the past few years, you the Target gift card cannot be used until the day after (Dec 5)

It will be offered online but I can't get an answer from Target on whether the time offered will be the same as last year (6-noon) or a different time or all day. I hope that they announce it by Wednesday.

It will be offered online but I can't get an answer from Target on whether the time offered will be the same as last year (6-noon) or a different time or all day. I hope that they announce it by Wednesday.
I took advantage of it the last 2 years (paid my DVC MF's with it) but I do not remember it only being 6-noon).

I know I went early but I also remember going again in the last afternoon/evening.

Am I wrong?

The ads for 2015 target card discount said it was on December 20 for 6 hours. Maybe the ad was wrong.

I took advantage of it the last 2 years (paid my DVC MF's with it) but I do not remember it only being 6-noon).

I know I went early but I also remember going again in the last afternoon/evening.

Am I wrong?
It seems like they've had two different deals the past couple of years -- this one, where Target gift cards are discounted, but you can't use them until the next day, and a different one, where you get a Target gift card when you buy two other gift cards, and Disney gift cards were included in that. That second one went all day, or maybe longer, but I haven't seen it advertised this year.

I thought I read on another thread that you no longer can buy a Disney gift card using a Target gift card. Am i mistaken?

So I read that press release. Is this offer available in the stores or thru Cartwheel whatever that is?

It seems like they've had two different deals the past couple of years -- this one, where Target gift cards are discounted, but you can't use them until the next day, and a different one, where you get a Target gift card when you buy two other gift cards, and Disney gift cards were included in that. That second one went all day, or maybe longer, but I haven't seen it advertised this year.

It is really confusing. Today & tomorrow are 15% off everything excluding gift cards for sure. Next Sunday (5th) is 10% off Target (only) gift cards. The store confirmed to me but no one seemed to know the times. I can guarantee you I will be at Target when it opens and also online. (Use for Disney cards to pay MF's)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter