• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

January 2007 Scrapbooking Challenge

11 more pages today, so 71 for the month thus far. :woohoo: At this rate I might actually get through my box of loose pictures before the end of the year. :rotfl:

6 more for me! Got Christmas done and made progress on the recipe books - I'm really pleased with how they're turning out! But if anyone else plans to do it go 8x8 or bigger, as its a tight squeeze on 7x7 (yes, but they were a BARGAIN!).

Pain typing up recipes too!

I agree on recipes being a pain, I made some recipe cards for my neice for Christmas and had to change some of the steps a bit to make them fit on the cards! Hope those cookies turn out well still!!! :lmao:

9 more for me today. I went to a all day CM crop. It was so much fun! I won a 10.00 GC and a special gift for bringing a friend who is new to scrapbooking.
Erica

I didn't quite double my total, but I did 11 pages today!

I started DSIL's wedding album. It's 11" x 8/5" (so the long direction is horizontal, not vertical). It's different from what I'm used to, but so far so good. It is actually a little easier than I was expecting because most of the pages have been covered with photos. Still nervous though because I don't know if what I like will be what she likes.

EDIT: I did 2 more pages, so that makes 13 total for the day, and I DID double my monthly total to 26!

Well, so much for my Saturday scrapbooking blitz. I did get 2 pages done though bringing my total up to 8. :rolleyes:

Add 8 for me! PLus I sorted out all my paper stash and pulled out stuff for the cookbooks (mostly checks - I thought they looked sort of homey!) AND made my first batch of serendipity squares. I used a glue pen and got very sticky, and when I cut it up I had to keep securing odd bits. MUST get a Xyron before I try that again ;)

I went to a crop yesterday and got 10 pages done.

It would have been more (should have been more!) but when I got there my CM coordinator was having a huge sale (she just moved and was doing a big clean-out) so I spent an hour shopping, then I sat down to unpack and couldn't find my pictures! I searched both bags and they just were not there, so I had to drive home to get them. Thankfully I live close, but it still wasted time. When I walked in DH said "Was it canceled? You can't be done?" and when I told him I forgot my pictures he just laughed and laughed. The sad part is, this is the not first crop I've been to where I forgot my pictures! Oh well, at least I got some pages done, had a few laughs, and bought some stuff at a deep discount :)

Good Sunday afternoon, everybody! We were out most of the day last night, so I stayed up a little late and got 2 CJ pages done. Not much, but at least it's 2 more. I'm off to work on swap stuff this afternoon, and then maybe try to get 4 of my own pages done. At least, that's the goal!!

I've got everyone updated! We are rockin' along this month!! I think it would be interesting to keep a total each month and see how many pages we scrap by the end of the year. . .I might have to try to keep up with that!! You all are doing a GREAT Job!!

JandJ--that SAME thing happened to me when I went to a crop one time, too. DH thought it was hilarious! :rotfl2:

11 more pages today.

I was hoping to finish the wedding book today, but no such luck. Unfortunately, DFIL is in the hospital. He's a diabetic and has always been stable, but the last couple of days he's had extremely low blood sugar and this morning things escalated a bit and he was admitted. So not the best atmosphere for scrapping because DH has been worried.

But I have everything done except the reception, so about 3/4ths done, and I should be able to finish things up tomorrow. I've been using the Bazzill BLING paper, and I give that paper two BIG thumbs up. The shimmery stuff is really pretty with the "dressy" photos. Very classy.

I got another one done. I was working on a 2 page LO digitally and had found a lot of pics to use (like 15) over the span of 6 WDW trips, so it took a long time to find these photos and then my program crashed out! I was so bummed, couldn't do any more. :(

hopemax--Wow! 11 more pages! Way to go, girl! I'm sending pixie dust your way for your DFIL :wizard: ! I hope he feels better soon! Also, thanks for the review of the Bazzill Bling paper. . .I was looking at it online, so I'm glad to hear of someone that's used it!

fran98765--don't you hate it when you have a "plan" and the scrapping materials won't cooperate!! :sad2: That happens to me frequently!!

dyjama--I've been doing the :happytv: , too! Darn NFL playoffs! I'll get you updated!

Happy Monday scrappin', everyone!!

12 more for me! I may get some more done this evening once DS(7) is in bed as DS(13) will be at scouts and DH is working. Do I want to get everything out for 1 hour scrapping? Course I do!:thumbsup2

I finished up the 7 pages from this weekend that I couldn't count before because they needed titles.

Unfortunately, it's going to be another night in the hospital for DFIL. His blood sugar crashed several times last night, so until they can get that stablized he's not going home. :sad1:

I also remembered, that I still have some photos to edit, print and scrap for this, so I won't be done today or tomorrow. :P DSIL had a luau for the reception so I have pictures of them preparing and burying the pig and pulling it out of the ground, but I want those to be small (2 x 3) so I have to resize them, put them in one file so Costco can print them, and then get over there to pick them up. However, those will be 2 two page layouts, so once I do get them, it should be quick to get them in the book.

I have finally finished re-organizing my sticker albums. I did 4 out of 5 of them (didnt do the Disney one because I did it after I finished the last album) Now my desk is clean - too clean. I did two more pages. But not sure what I want to do next.

I did 6 more while watching tv this evening.

I think I will have 11 more to finish this book. I got the other photos I needed printed, DH will pick them up on the way home. So I think maybe I will finish tomorrow. Then it will be time to focus on swaps again.

I did another 4.

hopemax, you are so clever to scrap watching TV. I often don't even have music on!

I am so impressed with you all!! I usually only manage to get my scrapping done on the weekend. I need to get motivated to work a little each night.

Hope--I hope your DFIL gets better soon!!

Honeybehr1--I'm impressed that your table is clean! I don't think mine has a top, since I haven't seen it in so long!! :rotfl:

Mazda--I know what you mean about the TV. I can't scrap with something I haven't seen before on. I have the seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD, and I've probably seen each episode 20 times. So, I just put those in for "background music".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter