January 2007 Scrapbooking Challenge

108! Wow! :faint: That is awesome! Great job!

Thanks! It was a VERY productive weekend. I do have to say that I'm tired this morning. I'm looking for an idea I saw for my Christmas cards and then I can finish that album.

Just back from a four day scrapbooking retreat weekend. I got so much accomplished and completed everything that I wanted to over the weekend. I finished up a 2001 Disney trip that DH had started and stopped half-way through, completed our 2006 family album, completed my Christmas album for 2006 (except for my title page for the year and putting the photo Christmas cards we received in). Once I finished those it was Sunday morning so instead of starting another scrapping project, I cropped about 1/2 of another Disney trip. My Disney album that I did complete went great because I had prepared about 50 page layouts before I went.

I did 101 pages on my trip, so my total for the month so far is 108. I'm so excited to be feeling more in control of my pictures now. I have lots of other projects to work on, I'm going to finish my 2 Christmas pages hopefully before bed time tonight.

Wow that is unbelievable. I have wondered if I would find a weekend crop productive or not but you certainly did. Maybe I wil spring for one at some point. Did you go with friends or just by yourself? I am worried that if I was to go with friends I would get more talking than working done.

Rebecca

I completed 20 pages yesterday before our power gave out. Thankfully it's been restored and hopefully we won't lose it again. My total for the month is 35...probably won't get much more done than this unless DH gets home from work early tonight. :)

Wow that is unbelievable. I have wondered if I would find a weekend crop productive or not but you certainly did. Maybe I wil spring for one at some point. Did you go with friends or just by yourself? I am worried that if I was to go with friends I would get more talking than working done.

Rebecca

There was a group of approx. 50 ladies that went. We were at a retreat center that holds conferences, etc. We had 3 rooms full of scrappers, there were a few of my close friends there and my mom then lots of other really wonderful ladies. We had a 6' table each with plenty of space, we were able to set up and leave it out all weekend. This place provides 3 meals a day and you don't need snacks in between with the meals they prepare. This place has no TV in the bedrooms or telephones, it is in a slight remote location. A perfect weekend away to rest and get lots of scrapping done.

I have also gone to the beach with a few girlfriends and we can get lots of pages done there too.

I do know that doing the page layouts before I went helped a lot this time.

I finished 12 pages today, bringing my total to 47 for the month. I pulled down a Rubbermaid that has bits and pieces from our Disney vacations over the past 6 years, scrapped them, and I can now officially say that all of our vacation albums are DONE!

Now it's off to get caught up on the rest of my life! :rotfl:

3 more tonight, so that brings my total up to 10. It would have been one more, but the page needs a title :headache:

108! My honeymoon book is about that many pages. It took me 7 YEARS to do.

Great Job!

108 :faint:

And here was me feeling all smug because I was near the top :headache:

I'd better get working tonight! Mind you, I did type up lots of recipes for DS' recipe books, so if I work on those today :guilty: and print them out tonight I might get a few done - they are only 7" pages so will be much quicker than my normal 12" pages!

WOW!!! Look how these pages are adding up!!! TammyNC--you have inspired me. I want to find a weekend crop! :)

I didn't get anything done this weekend--lots of being a slacker and lying on the couch! :rolleyes1 Tonight, we have a far away ballgame, so I am spending the night at my mom's after it (she lives in the town where I work). No scrapping tonight. I hope to get a little bit done tomorrow night, but it may be this weekend before I can get a few more pages done. Only 58 days until our WDW trip--must get June 06 and Oct 05 scrapped before then! :dance3:

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE!! You all are awesome!! :cheer2:

ETA: Welcome aboard, stacylm!! Happy scrapping!

I didn't get any pages done yesterday but I'm working on my Christmas Card page idea that someone posted on the boards a few days ago. I'll take a picture and post when I'm done.

I think it is great that we are all working towards getting our pictures scrapbooked, in a safe album and journaled so that our family down the line will know who everyone is.

got another 12 pages done (10 today and 2 on Sunday)
I'm up to 37 woohoo (I even redid a page I did last week but didn't count that in :) )

I'm gonna try to get more done tonight but if not i'm still happy

I didn't know this existed! I'm a budget board freak. :clown:

Count me in if it's not too late. I have done 6 pages this month. :wave2:

Last night I spent a couple hours making a mini photo scrapbook for an internet friend. I've never met her in person, but just like here on the DIS after a while you feel you "know" the people you post with. Her son, just a few months older than my 2yo, has been in the hospital since Dec. 27. Actually he's been in and out of the hospital his whole short life with issues stemming from his premature birth (29 weeks). It's heart wrenching to hear all this little boy has been through in such a short time. The other day his mother posted she's trying to take as many pictures of his now as she can because with all that's just recently gone wrong in his little body there's no telling what the future may bring. I found a few pics of her little boy where he's not hooked up to all kinds of tubes and wires and put them into one of those BBP mini albums along with some stickers, rub-ons and quotes. I left lots of room for her to add other pictures - she has 2 other sons, 3yo and 9mo - or to add comments as she wishes. I just hope this brings a little smile to her face whenever she looks at it.

Oh, she is going to love it and feel so blessed to you have as a friend. I'm sure it will help her get through those rough days and remember the great friend you are for doing that for her.

Last night I spent a couple hours making a mini photo scrapbook for an internet friend. I've never met her in person, but just like here on the DIS after a while you feel you "know" the people you post with. Her son, just a few months older than my 2yo, has been in the hospital since Dec. 27. Actually he's been in and out of the hospital his whole short life with issues stemming from his premature birth (29 weeks). It's heart wrenching to hear all this little boy has been through in such a short time. The other day his mother posted she's trying to take as many pictures of his now as she can because with all that's just recently gone wrong in his little body there's no telling what the future may bring. I found a few pics of her little boy where he's not hooked up to all kinds of tubes and wires and put them into one of those BBP mini albums along with some stickers, rub-ons and quotes. I left lots of room for her to add other pictures - she has 2 other sons, 3yo and 9mo - or to add comments as she wishes. I just hope this brings a little smile to her face whenever she looks at it.

Another 5 pages down for me, bringing my total up to 52 for the month.

We're iced in here with another forecasted storm on the way. DD8's been monopolizing DS3 during the day, so I've been scrapping my afternoons away. Poor DH stopped by the store on his way home from work and made the mistake of asking if I needed anything. I was almost out of adhesive so I talked him through the store. Talk about a man lost...he would have been more comfortable in the feminine products aisle! :rotfl2:

What a wonderful thing to do for your friend! I'm sure she'll cherish it forever. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter