OBB can't be canceled and rebooked?

bethy

DIS Veteran
Nevermind - I'm embarrassed but somehow the website cookies reduced my travelling party by one and I didn't notice. So the price is the same at least for now. Still it's interesting to me that the OBB locks the price in on a go forward basis.

----------------

Our cruise that we booked with an OBB just dropped in price. DCL is telling me that if I cancel and rebook I will lose the On Board Booking discount. We are well in advance of the PIF date. It seems crazy to me that once you book an OBB you can't ever change your plans a year ahead of time. Thoughts?

Last edited:
You cannot "cancel" and rebook, but if you are outside of the penalty phase you should be able to "change the date" and push it out as long as the new date is within the 2-year window.

You cannot "cancel" and rebook, but if you are outside of the penalty phase you should be able to "change the date" and push it out as long as the new date is within the 2-year window.
Ugh. That's what DCL said and then when they looked at the same room on the same cruise they said it went up in price. Whereas if I try and book the same cat room next door on the website it goes down by a LOT.

Ugh. That's what DCL said and then when they looked at the same room on the same cruise they said it went up in price. Whereas if I try and book the same cat room next door on the website it goes down by a LOT.
Well, then can you push out the OBB cruise over the phone, then go online and book the original date with the new price? But be sure what you are finding online is accurate -- it's very rare that DCL drops regular fares, they do offer special restricted fares but you can't choose a stateroom. It is curious why you are finding a lower price for a specific stateroom but the phone rep didn't.

You'll have to pick a future cruise date to park your OBB; it can be moved again later as long as 1) you aren't within the penalty phase for the booked cruise and 2) the new cruise is still within the 2-year window for the OBB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter