December Scrapbooking Challenge

Man it's been a long week! I finally managed to find some time to hide away and scrapbook for a few hours this evening. I completed 7 pages, which brings my total for the month to 31. Hopefully I can finish a few more before we head off to my parents' home for the holiday.

Have a fantastic day everyone! :)

Now, don't everyone get too excited. I have now officially joined the board! I have done 6 pages in my brother's Christmas gift (well, his and his wife's...). I know I'm not making a dent in my pictures and I just got a stack from Shutterfly, but what can you do? At least I'm getting presents done! :)

I'm off the 0 mark. LOL i've got 8 pages done in my dads book so far. I also got all the pictures scanned and printed if necessary and sorted so I'm well on my way to having it done for a week from today. LOL

I've done another 9 pages and finished my WDW 2005 scrapbook! Good in a way, but with no WD on the horizon in 2007 its not all good news.

Amazing how much I get done when I'm not messing about on my PC! (Still waiting for it to get better :sad: ) Now back to DS(13) - I'm up to Easter 1997 now, and once I get to November 1999 I'll have to start DS(7) and run two books at once. :faint:

And of course next week the Christmas photos will be tapping on the camera yelling "let me out"

Wow, I didn't realize how much I depended on that instant email notification until it didn't work! I have missed some posting!

Let's see...luvmy2sams, I have you updated. If you are like me with traveling to my parents, the rest of my year is shot.

Mickster, at least you have your priorities straight...PRESENTS FIRST. At least that's how I feel if someone is working on one of mine! :rotfl:

jennyL, I have you on the board. Good luck!

MazdaUK, I have your totals changed. I know how you feel about finishing an album. I always feel like the trip is still "active" until the last picture goes in, then I am sad if I don't have a new trip on the horizon.

PrincessNancy96 said:
I want that 4 inch binder.. what do I need.. List... give me a list... because my DISNEY book needs it... I'm so far behind in that book....

Okay...just go in Home Depot or wherever, go over to the fasteners aisle (screws, bolts, etc.). You can find carriage bolts in 1/4 inch increments from 2 inches up to 5 inches. The smaller ones are sized to fit the holes in the paper of standard protectors. The nuts are right there with them. The nuts (to go on the end of the bolt) are a bit thick, but it does work. You just have to lay the album on a table to look at it - REALLY heavy!

2 more pages done last night. I'm hoping to get a couple more tonight before I head out to the movies and then finish up tomorrow night. I'm off starting on Thursday so I can sty up till its done. LOL

jennyL said:
2 more pages done last night. I'm hoping to get a couple more tonight before I head out to the movies and then finish up tomorrow night. I'm off starting on Thursday so I can sty up till its done. LOL

I have your total update, jennyL.

Excellent! I love that you guys do monthly challenges. I always find this stuff so motivating. Do you just get points for the amount of pages you do each month?! Yeehaw. :cool1:

loopner67 said:
Excellent! I love that you guys do monthly challenges. I always find this stuff so motivating. Do you just get points for the amount of pages you do each month?! Yeehaw. :cool1:

Hi, loopner! :wave:

In the challenges you just count pages. Whoever wins gets a small gift from the hostess and then hosts the next month's challenge. I love doing these, it keeps me motivated! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! If I ever won, I'd be more than happy to host. This kind of stuff is always very motivating to me and there are some months when I can pump out the layouts. LOL. Next month (Jan), I'm going to a 4-day weekend crop and I know I'll do a ton. Yay! :woohoo:

loopner67 said:
Thanks for the info! If I ever won, I'd be more than happy to host. This kind of stuff is always very motivating to me and there are some months when I can pump out the layouts. LOL. Next month (Jan), I'm going to a 4-day weekend crop and I know I'll do a ton. Yay! :woohoo:

You definately need to sign up then! This really is fun and a great way to make sure you use up all of the swap stuff you get from those boards. My albums have been going together so much easier since I got addicted to swapping (scrapbook stuff, nothing dirty.... ;) )

KAMommy said:
Okay...just go in Home Depot or wherever, go over to the fasteners aisle (screws, bolts, etc.). You can find carriage bolts in 1/4 inch increments from 2 inches up to 5 inches. The smaller ones are sized to fit the holes in the paper of standard protectors. The nuts are right there with them. The nuts (to go on the end of the bolt) are a bit thick, but it does work. You just have to lay the album on a table to look at it - REALLY heavy!
Yeah! Thank you!!!! I needed this... I think I can handle this!! :)
I promise to finish Mike's book tomorrow.. the bugger worked from home today..thru my re-con mission at home into a store run because I couldn't do anything w/ him here...

PrincessNancy96 said:
Yeah! Thank you!!!! I needed this... I think I can handle this!! :)
I promise to finish Mike's book tomorrow.. the bugger worked from home today..thru my re-con mission at home into a store run because I couldn't do anything w/ him here...

Why must they do things like work at home? Don't they know we have things to do?!? :rotfl2:

KAMommy said:
Let's see...luvmy2sams, I have you updated. If you are like me with traveling to my parents, the rest of my year is shot.

Yep. I'm leaving with the kids on Thursday morning, and we won't be back home until January 1st. It's great to get away, but I wish I had room to pack up my scrapbooking stuff. My parents' monopolize the kids' time, so I've got lots of alone time when I could be getting caught up. Won't happen, though. DH would die if he saw me trying to take my hobby along for the ride. :rotfl:

I finished another 2 pages this evening, so I'm up to 33 for the month. Not sure if I'll have time for anymore, though. DD is out of school now, so I've promised to take her and DS3 to story time at the library tomorrow. Then I've got laundry (didn't I say that earlier?) and stealth packing to finish. The kids think we're leaving on Saturday when DH is off work, but I'm surprising them and heading out Thursday morning. They haven't quit asking to go back to grandma's since we literally pulled into the garage after Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

In case I don't make it back around, happy holidays to you all! I look forward to some serious scrapping in the new year!

KAMommy said:
My albums have been going together so much easier since I got addicted to swapping (scrapbook stuff, nothing dirty.... ;) )

:lmao: Shame on you! If you ever mention that you like to swing and then clarify that you mean swings on the playground, I'll have to wonder about you! Filing this post away for future reference... :teeth:

luvmy2sams - I got you updated, and if I am not wrong (although I often am), you are tied for the lead!!!

luvmy2sams said:
:lmao: Shame on you! If you ever mention that you like to swing and then clarify that you mean swings on the playground, I'll have to wonder about you! Filing this post away for future reference... :teeth:

But I DO like the swings at the playground!!! :rotfl2:

I got 5 pages done yesterday :yay:

My car is broken down today so I'm stuck home and will hopefully get some more scrapping done!

Two more last night before the movie and I also Wishbladed the title page and some other dates I needed for pages to come. I'll be working like crazy once I get home from dinner with my grandparents tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter