December Scrapbooking Challenge

I think this has been the month for organization, rlovew. We have all been getting our scrapping areas together so we can work better next year. I just had to buy my paper organizer so I could scrap more efficiently! ;)

I need a paper organizer!! Can you show me a picture of what you have? Where did you get it?

LittleLambie, I was so green with envy over KAMommy's paper organizer, that I had to get one for myself yesterday! They are made by Scrapbook Solutions. It is on wheels, and you can either separate it into 3 square sections or you can stack all of it on top of each other (does that make sense?). It has 23 different sections for paper, and you can make them as narrow/deep as you need. I'll try to go take a pic and post it so you can see it. It was $49.99 at ACMoore & Hobby Lobby, but with a coupon, it's well worth it!! Picture coming soon. . .

SIOH, thanks for catching my back while I am STUCK here at the office! I really appreciate it!

You all will love the paper organizer.

Sorry, KAMommy--I know this is a bit OT, but I also know that you, too, support the paper stacker addiction! :rotfl2: You know I've always got your back--stupid work, taking away from DISing!!

I took 3 pics of the stacker. The first one has the David Copperfield-esque (the magician, not the Dickens book) dust cover on it. When the cover is on, and you spin it around on its wheels, it looks just like those 80's DC routines (or maybe that just occurred to me and DH last night when he finished putting it together! :rotfl: ). Note--please ignore the Christmas stuff behind the stacker. . .Dh has to carry that to the attic this weekend!

70750100_5428_resize.JPG

The 2nd pic is of the whole thing, without the dust cover. Yes, I haven't gotten around to putting any paper in it yet. It has 23 dividers, and it stands about 43-44 inches tall.

70750100_5429_resize.JPG

The last pic is of the top section, so you could see the levels close up. You can take it apart into 3 sections, if you wanted to set it on a table or something.

70750100_5430_resize.JPG

I hope this works--I'm not too great with photo posting!

Wonderful, SIOH. You did well.

Did you all have any trouble putting it together. I really didn't, although I pinched myself once. So my blood is invested in the thing! :rotfl2:

No, I had absolutely no problem putting it together. It was fairly easy to sit on the couch, play UNO on the XBox, and watch DH assemble it!! :rotfl2: I think he has his blood invested in it, too! ;)

OOOOOOHHHHHHH! I want a paper organiser like that! Mind you, I'm about at DH's tolerance limit for "stuff" I think - when we have poeple over next weekend its all going to have to come out from the corner and under that end of the dining table, and he might notice the one bag is now two (plus paper folder and sticker folder)......

I did two pages this afternoon in the end! I was debating whether to start the cabbage (for Hungarian cabbage noodle) but decided its so boring I'd scrap instead, then DMIL turned up with a big dishload as she's made some to take up to her sister and had no room in the freezer for the other half! So lucky I was scrapping instead:rotfl:

LittleLambie, I was so green with envy over KAMommy's paper organizer, that I had to get one for myself yesterday! They are made by Scrapbook Solutions. It is on wheels, and you can either separate it into 3 square sections or you can stack all of it on top of each other (does that make sense?). It has 23 different sections for paper, and you can make them as narrow/deep as you need. I'll try to go take a pic and post it so you can see it. It was $49.99 at ACMoore & Hobby Lobby, but with a coupon, it's well worth it!! Picture coming soon. . .

WOW!! Your pics of the stacker were great!! I am in Canada, and don't have an AC Moore, but I am going to check out the Michael's website and see if they carry it. I will be going to get it for sure if they have it, but I will wait till a 40% off coupon comes out. Dh and I decided that we will be in big trouble if I ever get pregnant again, because my scrap book room is the spare room. Not sure where all my scrap stuff will be going if a baby needs that room. Ds is 5, I am sure he wouldn't mind a baby sharing his room, so mommy could keep her scrap room, right!!:rotfl2:

Thanks again for the pics, I am off to check Michaels website!:thumbsup2

That organizer is awesome! That is totally what I need. I'll have to check my ACMoore. It would make an awesome birthday present as it is in a few weeks! :thumbsup2

I got another 4 pages done tonight. The Xyron idea for sticking the smaller fonts was perfect!!! I used it twice. I only bought the Xyron 150, but it worked great because I was looking to use it for the smaller fonts. I am going to post a picture of one of the pages I did tonight. Definately put the Cricut to good use tonight!! In this layout, I used the Cricut for the title, the oval discs, and made both sets of letters for the title into stickers with my Xyron. I even used the Cropidile I bought yesterday to set the eyelets. Dh has called me a "nerd" for using all my gadgets!! :rotfl2: The word "winter" was made with the George cartridge, and the word "festival" was made with base camp. TOO MUCH FUN!!:thumbsup2

scrapbook_pic.jpg

Hope this works!! TFL!!

Ok, I drug myself away from the boards today, and I scrapped all afternoon and evening. Still no paper in the paper stacker, but I got 36 more pages done in my June 2006 album! I looked on my page plan-out sheet (yes, I'm a total dork!) and I only have about 70 more pages ("sides") to do. This book is going to be HUGE! It may take a forklift.

Off to sleep. . .I am thinking I might make myself get up really early in the morning to get more done!

littlelambie--I love your winter festival page!! I have used those George letters (in the ovals) in my autograph book. I'm glad you love your Cricut!!

OOOOOOHHHHHHH! I want a paper organiser like that! Mind you, I'm about at DH's tolerance limit for "stuff" I think - when we have poeple over next weekend its all going to have to come out from the corner and under that end of the dining table, and he might notice the one bag is now two (plus paper folder and sticker folder)......

I did two pages this afternoon in the end! I was debating whether to start the cabbage (for Hungarian cabbage noodle) but decided its so boring I'd scrap instead, then DMIL turned up with a big dishload as she's made some to take up to her sister and had no room in the freezer for the other half! So lucky I was scrapping instead:rotfl:

I got your total updated, MazdaUK. As for the paper stacker, my DH just sighs...since he usually has things like a lego Death Star out (on my dining room table right now), he knows he can't say much! ;)

littlelambie, your layout was wonderful. I am so glad the Xyron idea worked for you. It has been a lifesaver for me! I got your totals update, you have really worked hard this month! :thumbsup2

Ok, I drug myself away from the boards today, and I scrapped all afternoon and evening. Still no paper in the paper stacker, but I got 36 more pages done in my June 2006 album! I looked on my page plan-out sheet (yes, I'm a total dork!) and I only have about 70 more pages ("sides") to do. This book is going to be HUGE! It may take a forklift.

WOW, you rocked yesterday - and you handily took the lead! :thumbsup2

I am also proud, your books are going to start bulging, just like all of mine! As an aside, since this June trip was with me and my family, and my book is only about 100 pages...what did you have that I didn't?!? Do I need to take my book apart and add things? :rotfl2:

Today is my last shot to get something done. My DsDs are coming over within the hour, which means I will not see the computer again until Tuesday unless I kick them off - perfect excuse to get some major scrapping time in! Today is it though, because tomorrow we're going into Boston for the First Night festivities (which is all day, not just near midnight) and Monday is DsD's birthday - 18!! Busy but good weekend.

Well, I think I am done for the month. I had planned on getting some done tonight, but dh is headed to bed to watch the hockey game, so I might join him there. We are having company tomorrow night, so I think that puts an end to my Dec scrapping. Thanks for hosting during this busy month, it has been fun as always!!:thumbsup2

Three more pages yesterday! I may even get some done today - we were going to the sales to look for new school shoes but DS(13) had an ingrowing toenail removed on Thursday so is not really in a condidtion for walking around and trying on shoes!

Three more pages yesterday! I may even get some done today - we were going to the sales to look for new school shoes but DS(13) had an ingrowing toenail removed on Thursday so is not really in a condidtion for walking around and trying on shoes!

Oh, you poor DS. I hope he feels better soon. :wizard:

Well, I think I am done for the month. I had planned on getting some done tonight, but dh is headed to bed to watch the hockey game, so I might join him there. We are having company tomorrow night, so I think that puts an end to my Dec scrapping. Thanks for hosting during this busy month, it has been fun as always!!:thumbsup2

I hope your team won! Thanks for playing this month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter