December Scrapbooking Challenge

jennyL - I have your total updated. I hope you can find time to scrap this week...my week seems to be disappearing!

JandJ - I updated your total. YEAH on your job. I am so happy for you!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

littlelambie - have fun with your Cricut!

AND - I think this is my 900th!!!!!!!

Congrats, KAMommy on 900 posts!! Way to go!! :cheer2:

I got some time today to play with my Cricut and get some scrapping done. I got 19 more pages done (thank goodness for Christmas break :santa: ) in our June 2006 trip book. We were there for 9 days, and I am only on park day 2 (real day 3), so this book may grow to massive proportions!! :rolleyes1

Everyone have a great evening!!

LOL! You have a mammoth book!!!
I'm going to get started tomorrow after I clean my scraproom... I'm going to finish off my altered paint cans for myself tonight... and than clean.. DD has an orthodontia appt at 7am.. why? 7am you ask..on vacation..only darn appointment open during vacation and she has basketball practice so we were pretty much stuck w/ that time... urgh! Who's calling me to keep me company while I'm waiting??? any takers???

I'll be up--going shopping with my mom tomorrow. . .have to make sure the house is "mom clean" before she arrives! ;) Just call if you need someone to keep you entertained while DD is at the ortho! :thumbsup2

SIOH - I got your total updated. You are dangerously close to taking the lead...I love sitting back to watch the race! popcorn::

Have fun with your mom tomorrow. If you start going insane, just hide in a bathroom stall and call me at work! ;)

Nancy, have fun at the ortho. Just think of it this way, you will be done early! :thumbsup2

SIOH - I got your total updated. You are dangerously close to taking the lead...I love sitting back to watch the race! popcorn::

Have fun with your mom tomorrow. If you start going insane, just hide in a bathroom stall and call me at work! ;)

The only months I do decent in the challenge are October (FALL BREAK), December (CHRISTMAS BREAK) and July (SUMMER BREAK). Maybe I should take my low scrapping numbers to the calendar committee as statistical suggestions that we need a week off per month! :lmao:

You know I'll probably be calling you tomorrow, KAMommy! That's why a sanity dinner is necessary tomorrow night!!

The only months I do decent in the challenge are October (FALL BREAK), December (CHRISTMAS BREAK) and July (SUMMER BREAK). Maybe I should take my low scrapping numbers to the calendar committee as statistical suggestions that we need a week off per month! :lmao:

You know I'll probably be calling you tomorrow, KAMommy! That's why a sanity dinner is necessary tomorrow night!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have no idea why the school board would balk...it is so obvious!

Well, I only got 3 pages done tonight. It takes a bit to get the sizing figured out on my cricut. I am also running into a problem applying the tape to the letters when I cut them out really small, and I hate using glue!! Anyway, a slow start back at it, but hopefully it will pick up now. Oh WOW!!! Only 4 more days till this challange is over!!!!

Well, I only got 3 pages done tonight. It takes a bit to get the sizing figured out on my cricut. I am also running into a problem applying the tape to the letters when I cut them out really small, and I hate using glue!! Anyway, a slow start back at it, but hopefully it will pick up now. Oh WOW!!! Only 4 more days till this challange is over!!!!

I got your total updated, littlelambie. You have really done a lot this month!

I know how you feel about getting adhesive on the letters. I had the same problem after I bought my CraftRobo. Not that I want to spend your money, but I solved the problem by investing in a Xyron 900 (I think that is the number). For cuts that I want to attach to something, I run the whole sheet of paper through the Xyron first to make it a sticker. Then I cut and all you have to do is pull of the Xyron backing and stick. I used a coupon at JoAnn's to get my machine. And as long as you plan titles to maximize the use of your sticker page it really isn't cost prohibitive.

Just a thought for next Christmas!!! Or your birthday! ;)

For cuts that I want to attach to something, I run the whole sheet of paper through the Xyron first to make it a sticker. Then I cut and all you have to do is pull of the Xyron backing and stick. ;)

So when you run it through your craftrobo, you keep the backing on, not stick it to the mat? Does the craftrobo cut through the backing too? I have a cricut, and the really fine fonts are so frustrating! I got a tool set for Christmas (thanks Santa :santa: ), so I'm hoping that will help too.

I have been cutting the letters, then using my sticker maker to glue, or using just a dot of glue.

So when you run it through your craftrobo, you keep the backing on, not stick it to the mat? Does the craftrobo cut through the backing too? I have a cricut, and the really fine fonts are so frustrating! I got a tool set for Christmas (thanks Santa :santa: ), so I'm hoping that will help too.

I have been cutting the letters, then using my sticker maker to glue, or using just a dot of glue.

You got it. I leave the backing on. Because it is slick, you have to use painters tape to stick the paper to the cutting mat, but I like it better as things don't have to be prised off that cutting mat. Whether or not the CraftRobo cuts through the backing depends on the blade holders and pressure rings I have used. I usually try to get it to NOT cut all the way through the backing, but it really doesn't matter.

Well.... consider me done for the month. I have a handful of half finished pages that I thought I would get done, but I am at my Mother's house now and I didn't bring them. We won't be home until Monday, so I guess I'm done for December! Congratulations to all of you who did so much scrapping in this busy month! Maybe I'll do better in January! I be looking to see who the winner is!..................P

I didn't get any pages done today but I did organize all of my things. We had the youth of our church out today to work around the house to earn money for a mission trip they are taking and a couple of the girls helped me sort and organize everything. I had no idea how much paper I had.

I may do some tomorrow morning...... I'm really not int he mood at the moment! Probably because I want to do Christmas pages but I haven't ordered my prints yet:rolleyes1

But I could do Dneice's 2nd birthday - after all, she's nearly 12!

Well.... consider me done for the month. I have a handful of half finished pages that I thought I would get done, but I am at my Mother's house now and I didn't bring them. We won't be home until Monday, so I guess I'm done for December! Congratulations to all of you who did so much scrapping in this busy month! Maybe I'll do better in January! I be looking to see who the winner is!..................P

Thanks for playing with us, pjilla. I know how you feel, I haven't gotten lots accomplished this month either. December has flown by.

I didn't get any pages done today but I did organize all of my things. We had the youth of our church out today to work around the house to earn money for a mission trip they are taking and a couple of the girls helped me sort and organize everything. I had no idea how much paper I had.

I think this has been the month for organization, rlovew. We have all been getting our scrapping areas together so we can work better next year. I just had to buy my paper organizer so I could scrap more efficiently! ;)

I may do some tomorrow morning...... I'm really not int he mood at the moment! Probably because I want to do Christmas pages but I haven't ordered my prints yet:rolleyes1

But I could do Dneice's 2nd birthday - after all, she's nearly 12!

I want my Christmas pictures, too! I just got the snapfish notification that they shipped last night. I am hoping against hope I will get them Saturday, then I could finish my family album New Year's Day. Since they probably won't get here, my alternate plan is to hang out in my Mickey flannel pajamas and vegetate in front of the TV all day! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter