SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

Thanks! I am sure I would feel included with you all. I have no problem meeting new people. I will talk to anyone and love meeting new people. Hopefully I will get to meet a few of you sometime. Heck I live about 30 mins away from SIOH and have never even met her. So if you all ever come to visit her new baby or are in Gatlinberg/ Piegon Forge let me know.

The car show is in Townsend but driving all over the area for 4 days. I'll let you know as soon as we decide. I have to get moving though because apparently the Townsend spring festival is the same weekend!

We were called for dinner (they called us by tables for meals, starting in different areas each time). We headed down to dinner, which left a lot to be desired. They had a make your own garden salad with mixed green, cucumbers, and tomatoes; black beans and rice, fish, adobe chicken, and pork las ropas (all Cuban style foods) and I for one couldn’t handle the spices. On the way back from dinner we decided to take a group photo in front of the year of a million dreams logo they still had out from Mickey coming to visit. We happened to ask a professional photographer (who was walking by) to take our photos so she did with each of our cameras after arranging us just so for the photo. After she took our photo we had her pose for a few for us (I have her email for those of you who took her photos just pm me for it).

Arriving back from dinner we got back to work, Buffy was again on lockdown to get some work done. Not too long after we went back to work one of the store called for a free make and take for the first 24 people there. I was off like a rocket before they finished speaking and managed to get there, the rest of the table (sans Buffy) was right behind me. We choose a chipboard piece and colored it with ink and then used a lacquer type glue to make it have an epoxy look to it. Then we also choose one other piece (preprinted) and highlighted certain parts of it with the glue. After we finished we headed back to the table and got back to work. Not too long after arriving back at the table they announced they had an opening for massages at 8 and 8:20- I was running people over to get up there and sign up. I managed to be 2nd and got the 8pm slot. It was well worth my $22 for the relaxation it provided. I highly recommend getting on the list early in SDV iof you go to one.

They had the big door prizes at 8:30 Denni won a cricut jukebox while she was shopping across the floor, she yelled and then ran over to claim her prize as we clapped for her, being excited about a prize makes it more fun for others to watch. Then they made some announcements that brought tears to many of our eyes and gave us a chance to win $200 for shopping if we put our name into a pot, of course we all did that. About 10pm they announced a 40% sale on everything at the SDV store. I had just run out of adhesive (I went through 6 tombow rollers and 4 rolls of double sided tape by that time in the weekend, along with using plenty of glue dots and lines. So I went running over with the crowd and grabbed 5 refills for my glue roller and a couple of things to add to my complete page swap and got into line where I stood for quite some time, practically undoing my massage. I ended up getting my refills, 3 sheets of paper, a bottle of liquid adhesive, and 2 containers of bling for less than the 5 refills normally cost. The line was crazy and snaked all over the store, if you weren’t in line it was hard to even move in the store. About 10:30 pm the music started getting turned up and they played YMCA. People were on top of their chairs dancing to it, this started a group of dance songs including the Macarena, Locomotion, and many others including a second time of YMCA. I headed up to bed as Buffy finished packing up her stuff. At this point I was alone at the table for scrapping the next day as everyone else had packed up earlier.

Sunday in my next installment

thanks NEE! i could drive into burlington. i'm about an hour away. we just went there to take ds to the lego store there.

Depending on how life goes over the next few months, I'd love to go to the Burlington one. I could drive to that so I wouldn't have to be too concerned about how to get my stuff there..........though I wouldn't bring nearly as much as some of the people had in Orlando....that was just a stunning sight!

Got home last night about 6:30. Thanks to Fay, the drive back was interesting! (Tubachick-Pam should have some stories, too! They are driving to Chicago)

Near Chipley FL I saw uprooted trees, an 18 wheeler being turned back on its wheels and several cars (with drivers still in them) in the center median/ditch. The drivers were spinning their tires - trying to get the cars back on the road. Minutes later, the EBS (emergency broadcasting system) reported a tornado in the area. Yipes!

I ended up going to Magic Kingdom on Monday morning for 1/2 day and then into Cindy's breakfast to take pix. The Dream Squad gave me a certificate for being the "Best Bathroom Ambassador"!!! lol!!! And they promised to email pix of the bathroom in the castle suite.

I will get some pix uploaded shortly to supplement the others you've already seen.

It was wonderful to meet everyone & put faces with names!

Marylee
"Pixiedustforever" pixiedust:

OMG!! Pixiedustforever, that made for an interesting drive... Tubachick and them should have hit stuff in the TN/KY/OH area..but once they are in IN there is nothin'.. than IL has had there on/off showers from what they news says! (but we all know the news!)

Congrats on the new title!!! LOL
I hope the Dream Team sends you the photos soon... :)

How fun!!! Thanks for sharing everything Buffy! I just cannot imagine being at WDW and being in a conference room and not going to the parks!!! :eek: Sure looks like you all had fun though!!!!

It's SO long since sharing a picture, I don't remember how! Let's see ....

IMG_8000.jpg

OMG!! Pixiedustforever, that made for an interesting drive... Tubachick and them should have hit stuff in the TN/KY/OH area..but once they are in IN there is nothin'.. than IL has had there on/off showers from what they news says! (but we all know the news!)

Congrats on the new title!!! LOL
I hope the Dream Team sends you the photos soon... :)

Hopefully, Pam will check in & let us know they made it home OK.
It did make for an interesting drive - kinda :scared: in spots - - -

:rotfl: The Tag Fairy tagged me with believer in faith, trust and a little pixiedust - - - Am I worthy of 2 tags?:worship: :laughing:

I've got more pix - will try to make them smaller than the first!

Marylee
"Pixiedustforever" pixiedust:

Best Bathroom Ambassador! :lmao: :lmao: You're the Princess of the Throne!!!!! I have to say, your albums are fantastic. Considering the topic, they showcased the artwork in the bathrooms magnificiently.

Great pictures, MaryLee! :thumbsup2 Nothing like having Goofy's whiskers in your ear to make one smile.:laughing:

Glad to hear you made it home okay.:hug: Can't wait to see you there next year!

Don't you love my Irish curls? The rain did a number on it. :scared: :rotfl2:

Too many Diet Cokes & can't hold the camera straight! :rotfl: :rolleyes1
IMG_8052-1.jpg

Dennie & Dale doin' the knuckle-thing!
IMG_8032-1.jpg

Goofy gets close!
IMG_8029-1.jpg

The beloved Mickey waffles :thumbsup2

IMG_8021-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter