SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

Nothing is up on the site yet, just the dates and pre-register. I can't even get info on the hotel yet...

I have a senior next year too w/ DsS... so Buffy, you know if I'm NOT here.. DH will not get the info he needs..... so I'd have to do a summer IF I were able too.. otherwise it will have to wait for a while w/ me... (especially if I want to go to DW for my 40th bday)

I have a senior next year too w/ DsS... so Buffy, you know if I'm NOT here.. DH will not get the info he needs..... so I'd have to do a summer IF I were able too.. otherwise it will have to wait for a while w/ me... (especially if I want to go to DW for my 40th bday)

That next year or the year after, I can't remember... It was October too right?

Breakfast with everyone was a blast:). I think we had as much fun with the characters as a group of kids.....maybe even more! The scrap room was absolutely amazing. I've never been to a crop of any kind, but seeing that set up was just wild......people were very creative with their table set ups, but I can't imagine how they got all that stuff there. It was also fun to walk around and see what people were working on....many people had their LOs sitting on their tables and it was great to see the creativity.....it was like seeing some of the work posted on scrapping websites in real life!

I forgot one thing from the morning. I would say it was about 12-12:30 (we were starting to think about food) when the said- “We have a special guest” as Mickey walked through the room. “He will be available for pictures out in the hall.” The room emptied faster than if it had been a fire. The line looked like it must have been a million miles long. I think everyone and their family seemed to be there and heading out. Our table decided that is wasn’t worth the line. After all we had plenty of character pictures from earlier in the day. As the line died down though- Most everyone had left the table (just Buffy, her Mom, and I were left). Buffy decided to get a picture. A couple of minutes later Mom K (Buffy’s Mom) and I joined her. The line wasn’t long and since you could take an individual or group picture only it was moving fast. Buffy and her mom got one together and I got one with just Mickey. The photographer had a little trouble with my camera so I had a group between us taking the photos but that was okay. We headed back in to work and wait for Mom E and Lisa to return from there lunch break (they went up to the room for snacks). They asked about the photos and we said we had done them (originally as I said our table wasn’t going to do them).

Mom E and I headed up to our rooms and changed before going out to the Admiral pool for the Jacuzzi. It took a bit of time to start working but felt great. We noticed they had a laundry room right there- perfect place you can put your laundry in and then swim while it is getting done. Kudos to whomever designed that. We enjoyed a relaxing time in the Jacuzzi getting to know each other, we talked about teaching, how my DH ended up in the ministry, living in Connecticut, and the places she had been. After 2 sessions in the Jacuzzi we got out and I really wanted to go to the main pool. One of my reasons for coming to SDV was getting to stay at the Yacht Club and being able to go in the pool so I dragged Mom E with me.

We arrived and donned our wristbands and found a place to put down out things. We headed over to the pool to find our way to the waterslide. She was funny about the lifeguards- feeling they were all young enough to be her grandchildren. We asked one how to get to the slide and hiked over to it. As we climbed up Mom E wasn’t so sure about going but kept following me. I loved going down the slide but was surprised it was a bit rougher than the water park slide (the bumps in the plastic). I headed away from the dump area and waited for Mom E. It took her a minute or two but she came down and said that she enjoyed it and was glad I dragged her on it because she wouldn’t have done it otherwise.

We explored the pool and then moved to the next one with the lazy river. We swam around it with a short break in the middle. We decided to skip the pool where the kids were having some kind of contest and head back in to change and start scrapping again. We had a great time. Mom E was really fun to hang out with and I loved hearing more about her and Lisa. I would love to get up to Cape Cod for a crop- just not sure about when. It will be easier once our house has been sold.

We headed inside to shower and change. I guess we left at just the right time since as soon as I got out of the shower I heard a huge boom. As I walked back down to the convention center people were streaming in from the pool shivering. The bottom had broken loose and the pool had been closed due to the storm.

I arrived back with my group to see how they had been doing. Buffy was saying that she needed to get some work done so we put her in a time out- she wasn’t allowed to leave unless the called her for the paint can swap. She was also going to leave if they called for class kits- I believe the exact words were- “run don’t walk” to wherever to get them.

Not too long later Ann arrived with her family in tow. You should have seen the looks on the boys faces and her DH’s amazement over all the people and all the stuff. Her DH was taking pictures and her youngest sat down beside Buffy and she was showing him pictures of her children. She asked her older boy if he wanted to go shopping with her but he said he would rather stay with dad who was taking pictures of the room. Ann walked around a bit but I believe she didn’t spend any money. Buffy had though about walking with her but she was on chair lockdown to get some work done. We had grounded her except for the paint can swap.

It was nice meeting Ann’s family- very sweet little ones. Soon after Ann left they announced a free make and take at one of the booths and all of us (other than grounded Buffy) rushed over to line up. We were using a crystal lacquer glue. On a chipboard piece we colored it with a ink pad and then put lacquer all over to make it have an epoxied look to it. Then on another little piece (we choose out a shape or word of a page) we just put the glue on a couple of parts so they would stand out. Mom K made one for Buffy since she wasn’t allowed to come.

Soon after we made these they did call for extra class kits and Buffy, Lisa and I went running out of the room with about 100 other people to look at what they had to offer. I think both Buffy and Lisa bought 1 but it was a little more than I wanted to spend.

Arriving back at the tables we got back to work. Buffy had been working along when she realized she needed just one more piece of blue paper. It was a color of Bazzil she needed (I looked at it and guessed Admiral) and she hadn’t been able to find it anywhere (she was wondering if it was retired). One of the vendors had rows of Bazzil. I allowed her to get off restriction to quickly get one piece of the paper and come right back. 15 minutes later she returned with a pile of paper and I had to look to see the blue cardstock at all. Lisa had asked where Buffy was while she was gone and I told her she was getting 1 piece of blue cardstock. We both laughed when she returned and let her know someone else would have to go when she was on restriction since she couldn’t buy just one.

She finished that layout and I finished my flower and garden pages (all 47 of them) before dinner.

Dinner and 1 more make and take next.

I sent my mom for the next round of paper! LOL

Ladies if you come and don't want to spend money leave your cash and credit cards at home!!!!! Everyone had the newest paper lines and it it allllllll gorgeous! I could have spent every penny I had on paper.

btw Rebecca, those pics of the F&G festival I thought I had left at home were in fact here, and they were already finished!!! :rotfl2: So I only have about 10 more layouts to do and I am finished with the April 2005 trip! :woohoo:

But I can't scrap anything until my tote comes home.

nope. did you look in some dresser drawers and night stands?

Do you switch purses or tote bags? Are they in the car? Are you sure you picked them up?

Yep, I know I had them.. 1. DH was a coach and i have his copy.. 2. DH had a scanned copy of DS's photo by himself that year! LOL I've looked everywhere.. you know they are sitting right w/ the others laughing their butts off because I keep over looking them!

btw Rebecca, those pics of the F&G festival I thought I had left at home were in fact here, and they were already finished!!! :rotfl2: So I only have about 10 more layouts to do and I am finished with the April 2005 trip! :woohoo:

But I can't scrap anything until my tote comes home.

That is fantastic to hear. I know it annoyed you quite a bit at the time. I planned on adding about your mom going for paper in my next section because that was after dinner.

Rebecca

Hey wait, she was hitting me up to go to J's for her via text messaging.. DD was chatting for me since I was driving..and DD is still waiting for the list of paper she wanted! LOL

Dd was laughing.. she said if the 2 of us are crackin' jokes via txt. msg.. she could only imagine what a meet would be like.... She said.. maybe it will the the dads that take us around the parks or something because you all would forget we were w/ ya! I said no we wouldn't.. we'd be laugh at ya!

Our family trip would be comical to say the least! LOL you have to do a trip in Dec one year!, or January!!!! I'll do January!

I wish I could go tot one of these. I am hoping to do the Princess Half marathon next yr though so this will have to wait. I don't really fit in at these events though. I don't have kids and am still in college but I still Love them and would love to meet everyone. Maybe when I am not in school anymore (I hope to move to Orlando and work at Disney), I will finally meet some of you.

Tigger1221, don't feel that way at all. Everyone blends in so well. We have a variety of people, ages, some have children, some do not. We all have one thing in common, a love for scrapping, so if you can, plan on coming. We love diversity, please add to it!

I wish I could go tot one of these. I am hoping to do the Princess Half marathon next yr though so this will have to wait. I don't really fit in at these events though. I don't have kids and am still in college but I still Love them and would love to meet everyone. Maybe when I am not in school anymore (I hope to move to Orlando and work at Disney), I will finally meet some of you.

Rebecca doesn't have kids either, my mom is an empty nester as is Lisa's mom. Lisa has 1 kid, I have 4. We are all different which is part of the reason why it's so fun! We have a great time just being us. I was me this weekend, not someone's wife or mother, well maybe still mom's daughter but that was it.

love all the reports!! Keep 'em coming!

Next July is a trip for us, so I know there will not be a second one in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter