• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

Oh, yeah, those Mickey waffles were great. :thumbsup2 I didn't even bother putting syrup on mine.

Just as cute as they can be!

IMG_8009-1.jpg

Lisa, make sure Dennie sees this one. It shows some of what the Rebel XTi can do from a distance.
I've got others if she wants to see more!

IMG_8349-1.jpg

Ok so I was originally going to train for the Princes Marathon but my stepdad is having a hard time with his parkinsons and I am having to help with my sister(11). So haven't had time to train but one day and I broke out in hives, they think I am allergic to sweat. OK, all that to say, I might do this next year instead of the marathon. This takes less training:lmao: .

besides, if we wanted to get exercise in we can do laps around the room and if you have to use the word marathon then it will just be a Marathon Scrap Weekend!

You can get quite a workout walking to your room and to meals as well as to all the shopping areas. Then there are the dashes for sales or class kits.

Rebecca

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Buffy,
I was thinking the SAME thing! A little weight training could do us all
some good for next year - - -:rolleyes1

Thanks again for coordinating the breakfast - it was great! :thumbsup2
Keep me posted on the mini-books (how much I need to pay ya for postage)
I know you've got alot on your plate right now, so I'm not rushing ya!

Marylee
"Pixiedustforever" pixiedust:

I found covers, I'm going to use my old cricut mats if I can get the bind it all to cut it. I shouldn't have a problem though. But I have to wait until my tools get home, they are currently in Atlanta.

I will keep y'all posted though.

SDV sounds like SO much fun. For those of you who've been to both SDV & CKC could you talk about the comparisons and contrasts of the two?

CKC and SDV are the same, but on opposite sides of the scale.

CKC

small crop for a limited time (i've never been to a crop at CKC though)
class heavy
no food included in the fees
less expensive
many vendors
separate fees for room and classes
all over the US

SDV
large crop, the main reason for going. The room is open 24 hrs
some classes
1 meal per day included in many of the packages
more expensive
fewer vendors but many bring their entire stores
room and crop space and some meals included in the cost. classes are extra.
only on the east coast and as far inland as Indiana

Buffy's list gives you a good breakdown of the difference between a CKC and a SDV. As far as my feelings on it.

I go to CKC to learn new techniques and buy new products.

I go to SDV to get pages completed and spend time with other scrappers.

Each of them have their own place in my scrapping and I enjoy each for its own reasons. I don't know that I would have enjoyed SDV as much if I hadn't known anyone, when I have gone to CKC I have not known anyone or met up with them there. I am okay with that because after a long day of classes I am ready to rest and just think through the techniques on my own. As I was at SDV part of the enjoyment wa talking with everyone and sharing as we worked.

Rebecca

Just as cute as they can be!

IMG_8009-1.jpg

Lisa, make sure Dennie sees this one. It shows some of what the Rebel XTi can do from a distance.
I've got others if she wants to see more!

IMG_8349-1.jpg

I sent her the link. Hopefully we will see her here soon!

I might do this next year instead of the marathon. This takes less training:lmao: .

It does take some endurance to participate in a marathon scrapping weekend. But don't worry about the weight lifting aspect, the is what the bell hop is for. Truly, women were coming in with carts full our their supplies.:scared1:

You can get quite a workout walking to your room and to meals as well as to all the shopping areas. Then there are the dashes for sales or class kits.

Rebecca

Yup, the sales and class kit dash is critical. One must always be prepared to run, not walk (with cash or cc) at a moments notice.:lmao:

Buffy's list gives you a good breakdown of the difference between a CKC and a SDV. As far as my feelings on it.

I go to CKC to learn new techniques and buy new products.

I go to SDV to get pages completed and spend time with other scrappers.

Each of them have their own place in my scrapping and I enjoy each for its own reasons. I don't know that I would have enjoyed SDV as much if I hadn't known anyone, when I have gone to CKC I have not known anyone or met up with them there. I am okay with that because after a long day of classes I am ready to rest and just think through the techniques on my own. As I was at SDV part of the enjoyment wa talking with everyone and sharing as we worked.

Rebecca

I agree, being with friends that you know scrapping makes it so much fun.:wizard:

Hi, Rebecca, Hi Marylee, Hi Pam, Hi MomE, Hi MomK, Hi Denny, Hi Renee, Hi Amy, Hi Renee, Hi Gail, Hi Carol, Hi Diana Lyn, Hi, Kim, Hi AWM, Hey BAMB!

PN96, did you ever get my text?:confused3

I gave her your number!!! I wonder if I have the house number and the cell number mixed up. I don't think so.

ETA you need to send Lisa a text so she'll have your number.

No, I double checked you gave me her cell number. We have txt connectivity as of three seconds ago. :thumbsup2

Okay, ladies, off for lunch with my sweetie.:love:

Yep, got it.. she was sending me some ocean breezes and mickey w/ a margarita! :) :flower3:

off to clean out my van since I've done most of my chores today..

Yep, now tell me what do I need to bring to the SDV in Indy... what are my musts and what must I leave at home... I'm hoping AWM is still coming over ... if not my mom is going to go w/ me..

I like the white tower like shelves on the tables..and do the tables have those white coverings on them already?

I'm still reading on page 49, but I am definitely planning on coming over. Are you still up for me staying over Saturday night? Are registrations up yet?

Hey I would have been a happy camper if breakfast was around 11 but those darn morning people! OMG!!!

So next year, if it's at the Contemporary we can do Ohana, 1900, or Chef Mickey's. We need to decide soon.

I would like honest opinions on the planning on my part, did I do ok? Is there something more we can do? do you want to do swaps, secret pals, etc......

We need a name and I want to stick with the Vintage Mickey on our shirts but was thinking of a new design for next year, what do y'all think?

Still on page 49

What more could you have done? You made the arrangements, took care of payments and made sure we were all there on time. Sounds like job well done to me.
Swaps & secret pals would be fun (if I was scrapping, not vacationing) but with the swapping we have going on here, you would have to plan that out pretty far in advance for everything to be done on time.
I love the Vintage Mickey. I think one of the group photos will be going in my ABC book on a page made just for that. :thumbsup2

I came down with a cold Saturday evening and had a bit of trouble getting to sleep but finally drifted off. I woke a little late for me on Sunday morning (8am) and after I got dressed and packed up my things I headed down to leave my suitcase with my swap things for breakfast. I ran into Buffy and her mom as they headed to breakfast and we ate together. The fruit was good but we all wished there was a better choice in the hot portion of the meal.

After breakfast I headed back into the scrap room and got to work on my resort pages. I was at page 114 for the weekend when Marylee came in. She had put away her things but and was heading over to DHS for the morning to get bathroom photos. I decided to walk along with her and get some hot chocolate, my favorite hot chocolate in Disney is sold at the Villain candy shop there. We took the walk from the convention hall to DHS. It was a little longer than I remembered but we had a very nice time talking along the way. we talked about ministry and our families and Disney vacations. It would have taken longer to come by boat. We arrived before the first boat from the resort did. Once we arrived we headed our separate ways as I was going for hot chocolate and then heading back to reach my goal of 120 pages for the weekend. Marylee needed to get photos of all the DHS bathrooms for her next book.

I headed to Sweet Spells only to find out they only have the hot chocolate I love in the winter time so I bought a white chocolate peanut butter cup and headed to Staring Rolls for some hot chocolate. I got that and then headed over to the boat. Luck was with me at the time as arrived just as the boat pulled up and easily fit on. After arriving back at the Yacht Club I headed into the scrap room and got to work. I worked for about an hour before reaching page 122 and then decided to look around at the shops just a little more. I ended up picking up a couple of things for current swap projects and then getting back to work. At noon they held the last drawings of the weekend, some excited people won them but not any of our crowd. Buffy and her mom came by to say goodbye as they were leaving, turns out they had been entering DHS as I left that morning.

I finished the resort pages I was working on and decided to pack up and leave. I wanted to get on the road so I would have a chance to rest before youth group. I packed everything up and called a bellhop over to help me load my car. I was once of those people who took up half a cart with their stuff (including my suitcase). Here is a photo of my loaded trunk:
IMG_6392.jpg

The trip home was a bit of an adventure with a few storms that slowed the highways down to about 20 miles and hour and dropped visibility to about 5 feet but I made it safely home in about 2 hours and then waited until the rain subsided before unpacking the car.

The trip was lots of fun and I loved meeting everyone and seeing everyone face to face. I have found the more I meet my virtual friends in real life the easier it is to start those conversations and feel connected. A weekend like this was amazing. Even if we can’t all do something on this kind of scale it would be awesome to get together somewhere and crop together- I would say if you have the chance take it.

Rebecca

Great trip report, Rebecca! :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting it.

We are already planning to go next year, hope you are too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter