SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

Buffy you did a fabulous job organizing things for all of us. I loved the little gifts from Lisa and Diana- thank you both so much. I thought about doing something but never got around to it. I ate almost all that candy during the weekend.

I had gifts too, but those will have to be mailed! That was the 1 thing I did not get done.

I liked the idea of shirts for each day- I know I didn't do my shirt so I didn't match. We need to make a bigger sign to have up on our table(and we need to have a few tables of people) so everyone save up your money.

I want one for each day too,maybe different colors.

I think a couple of swaps for us might be good. Maybe a little 6 by 6 page swap and do one page for a SDV photo (like this years swap with the bind it all) and 1 page about me (so we can get to know everyone better). We can all get 6 by 6 albums to put our pages in.

Oh a CJ type book would be cute! We could do 1 finished page on all of us and the first page could be a group photo.

A secret sister swap within the group could be fun although it might be hard also (trying to deliver things for each other without anyone seeing because if everyone knew who everyone else had they could figure out there person.

I'm sure I can get a list of the table spots, we can do like they did this year and just announce that Rebecca, your SS has a present for you up front.

Buffy, you did a fabulous job organizing everything!! Thanks so much.

As for next year, while I did love the vintage Mickey design, I'd really like to come up with a logo for us and make the shirts through a site like Cafepress. My shirt was terrible and the 2nd one I made was too embarrassing to wear it was so bad. I stink at making my own shirts and I know the ones I've gotten for previous cruises that were from Cafe press get worn frequently even a few years later. Another good thing is you can get tote bags, stickers, mugs with the design on it and their prices are pretty reasonable. BTW, I don't work for Cafepress, and I've never made any money off of the shop I had from the cruise, I just had a really great experience using them.

I love Rebecca's idea about the cardstock swap.

I also love the little albums we made, so I'd definitely want to do something similar again.

And I know it's early, but I vote for Chef Mickeys!!!

Diana does Cafe Press have other colored shirts besides white?

I loved our t-shirt design, but wouldn't mind a different design for next year. I wouldn't mind doing the shirts with Cafepress either, but if we use them then we can't have a copyrighted design right?

I'm working on that. ;) Provo Craft just needs to get off their butts and get moving on a certain product.

I love the Vintage Mickey shirts. If we got a dollar for every compliment we received about the tshirts, we would probably have enough money to cover an attendance at the SDV.
Oh yes!!! And in the parks ladies were like, "There's Scrapbooking here!!!!"

Chef Mickey's would be good for breakfast. I wouldn't mind doing Ohana's for dinner if others are interested.
works for me

I love the idea of the cardstock swap plus the page layout swap that we did. I would love to do those next year too.
I'll make note for the next thread.

I'm so glad you all had such a great time! I know I was thinking about doing this earlier, but I can't even imagine being organized enough to pack for that many days of scrapping. Maybe if I start kitting things now I could be prepared for next year. ;)

get movin' girl!

So looking at Buffy's sig, next year starts Aug 27th?
Yes, August 27 - 30

I would love to go, and next year I have a goal of "less swapping, more scrapping." So I think it would be great to kit everything and have a marathon scrap session with friends. Is there a final tally of everyone's page totals somewhere?

I don't know, I did 37 plus 2 Zoo tag books and the pages for mine and mom's SDV book.

But I have to visit my parents at some point, and I can get a local plan, right?
Yes you can. Denni did that and we just tacked her on to our room through Disney.

I woke up before my wake-up call about 6:15 and got ready and headed down to the floor. I got a couple of pages finished before Lisa and Mom E(Lisa’s mom) came down to drop off bags before breakfast and we headed over to breakfast. When I arrived there at 7:30ish Kim and Ann (wearing matching outfits) were there and we were all excited to see each other. The last few people trickled over and we headed to the podium to check in. The guy at the podium gave Buffy the blinky thing as he said it could be about 15 minutes. I sweetly asked if someone would be available to take a picture of us all over in the little alcove and he headed over there to take our picture. He only took it on a couple of cameras and before the first one Buffy was buzzed to tell us our table was ready. We headed into Cape May and saw a yummy Buffet all set up.
IMG_6331.jpg

We were seated at a line of tables for four. Diana and her group sat at the first set, Buffy, Ann, Kim, and I sat at the second set, everyone else sat at the next 2 but I don’t know where everyone was except Mom E who was beside me. it was Mom E’s birthday celebration that weekend and she had her birthday button on but way down on her skirt so they wouldn’t notice and make a big deal of it (yeah right with all of us there). Before we even got settled into our seat Chip and Minnie came out.

It was so funny we had a great time- Lisa had brought her little bags of treats for Ann and Kim. Chip tried to take them away from them. He tried to walk off with the paint can Buffy had made for her secret sister swap but gave it back. The characters pointed out our matching T-shirts. Minnie danced with us and we took lots of funny photos with both of them. It took awhile to get us all in at least one photo with each of them. Sometimes it was just one of us at a time and sometimes it was lots of us in one photo. The best thing about having such an early ADR was that their were very few people in the restaurant and no one else was in our area at the time. About the time that Minnie and Chip left Goofy came over. He demanded to know why my shirt was lime green and didn’t match (I had found a lime green shirt with laundry hanging on a line and had to wear it to our dismeet- it was just perfect.) I said that I was just Goofy and he took that as okay. Once we had finished these characters we started heading to the buffet for some food. It took us a few minutes to find plates instead of bowls but we were successful at getting our food, most of us taking a couple of trips. Minnie came back by and danced with us. While we were eating a family came into our section and the little boy had a birthday. I think we were more rambunctious about singing to him then his family but it was fun. Ann, Buffy, Kim, and I talked about the parks and what they had been able to do during the week and what we had gotten done so far at SDV and our impressions of it. We also mentioned Sharon and her unusual disappearance (see the thread on living room for more info). We had a great time talking and getting to know each other. Ann was a little quieter than I expected in person but I had a lot of fun talking face to face.

We had been sitting for awhile and Mom E had relaxed when they came out with her cupcake and sang Happy Birthday to her. Right after that Goofy came over and wanted a picture with her. I was beside her so it ended up being a picture of both of us. Mom E was a little miffed that we had done that but she got over it and I think she enjoyed it even if she was embarrassed. After Goofy left Dale came out so we talked until he got to our tables. There was a rule at Cape May that Chip and Dale can’t be out at the same time. Based on other character meals I have seen both of them at I can say that do tend to get into lots of mischief. We actually talked about their mischief at breakfast, someone had been at a character meal were the spilled the sugar bowl all over the floor and tried to blame it on the kids at the table. I know they were getting into trouble at Liberty Tree when we were there a couple of months ago.

After breakfast we headed back over to the scrap room bringing Kim and Ann along. They had the same look as the rest of us had on our face as they saw the crazy set-ups some of the people had brought with them. I can imagine that some of these people have more than a small scrapbook store in their house- some of them had more stuff than some of the stores.

Kim and Ann wanted to see how I had gotten so many pages done in one day, so I showed them my page kits and then got back to work as Buffy walked the shops with them (that is another key, I stayed in my seat and didn’t spend much time shopping).

Kim and Ann left and we all got to work. Well, Buffy had to check on her secret sister thing and then they had to work out what they would do about Sharon’s person (because she was in that swap also). She also still had to do a little shopping for things in the can (although she might have done that the night before).

I worked for awhile longer and then stopped by to check on my friend Amanda. We worked right through lunch (as we had a big breakfast and most of us had snacks). About 1:30 I headed out for some pool time with Mom E.

I will tell about pool time in my next update. Below our the photos from my camera from breakfast.

Chip stealing the paint can:
IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

Minie dancing with us (there is a Chip photo or two also):
IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

Goofy with us:
IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

Characters coming back to visit again:
IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

Mom E getting her brithday photo and cupcake:
IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

Dale's Visit:
IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

Characters arriving:
IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

Enjoy for now!

rebecca

So looking at Buffy's sig, next year starts Aug 27th?

I would love to go, and next year I have a goal of "less swapping, more scrapping." So I think it would be great to kit everything and have a marathon scrap session with friends. Is there a final tally of everyone's page totals somewhere?

Not sure how it will work, if we reach the home stretch with the house buying plan.

But I have to visit my parents at some point, and I can get a local plan, right?

Yes- local plans are available. Marylee did that and stayed at the Beach Club Villas on DVC points.

Rebecca

OMG!!!!!

can i just move in there?????

i have got to go and be right there!!!!!!

thank you so much rebecca!

i'm talking about the punch and die cut section. i thought i had quoted rebecca pic but i guess i did not. that's where i want to live!!!!!!

the view from our room
DSC_0022-2.jpg

what a bunch of characters!
DSC_0270.jpg

a closet scrapper. Dopey signed to me if I was going to put his pic in a scrapbook. Of course Dopey!!!
DSC_0290.jpg

the only man in our lives for the whole weekend!
DSC_0354.jpg

long shot at breakfast. It was the prefect set up!
DSC_0319.jpg

I've loved the reports and pictures! Y'all looked like you had such fun. I'm marking the calendar now and hopefully I can go next year!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter