I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the Citi Premier, great SUB 80K points, $95AF, and earns 3x on travel, restaurants, gas stations & grocery stores.
I think 4k in 3 months is a bit much for her to meet even with my help. Anyone knows Citis stance on venmo?

Or Cap Ones for that matter? They have a good deal on their no AF card right now.

I use my CSP the least of my cards too. But I keep it around because the URs transfer to travel partners with the CSP. I find I get the most value out of my URs by transferring URs from CFU and CFF to my CSP.

I am in the same boat, annual fee for the CSP about to post and I realize I only use it if I have an offer attached to it, and to transfer the CFU URs. I'm on the fence about keeping it, I have other cards with travel benefits as well.

Hi there!

I currently run with CSP, CFU, and CFF cards for my daily spending. But I am running into the situation of not really ever using the CSP card anymore...is it worth keeping around? I was originally going for the trifecta as I like the PYB feature when it came to grocery stores, but that seems to have gone. (I mainly buy DGC's from my local grocery store (Meijer if you are from the Michigan area) as they offer really great specials).

Flights are done through Frontier for less than $50 round trip so I don't have an interest in a CC earning miles and I use my Verizon CC to pay for my phone bill.

I did see the Ink Business Preferred card and while I do run my own business (etsy) on the side, I don't really make any of the purchases that would get me extra benefits from the card.

Thoughts?
I don't use the CSP for much when I'm home, but use it quite a bit when I'm away. Primary car rental insurance is the main reason I will never get rid of it. Point transfers to SW, trip delay protection and the $50 hotel credit are bonuses for me.
I would be charging all of your airline tickets to the CSP, that probably gives you the best travel insurance. After being stranded in Orlando for 48 hours and charging our flights to our SW card I decided to always charge airline tickets to CSP/CSR/Amex Plat, one of those cards will always be in our wallet.
Absolutely, knowing that you aren't at the mercy of the airline if you are stuck overnight somewhere is well worth the AF for me.

I’d get the CIC - 75k UR bonus plus 5x at office supply stores, which generally carry Amazon GCs. Load those to your Amazon account, and boom! 5x on Amazon purchases (and in URs which, to me, are more valuable than cash back).

Great advice. It also works with an Amex Gold card at grocery stores (but for only 4x, but it saves a trip).

I am in the same boat, annual fee for the CSP about to post and I realize I only use it if I have an offer attached to it, and to transfer the CFU URs. I'm on the fence about keeping it, I have other cards with travel benefits as well.
I am keeping mine. I like having the URs attached to my CSP instead of CFU or CFF. And I like having the rental car insurance. I don't mind the AF; I pay it with cash back earned on my Discover IT. The CSP is the only AF card I carry.

I would contact in-house reservations at Swolphin at reservations@swandolphin.com and ask if they can modify your reservation. Hopefully that would result in no change to the deposit you've already made, which triggered the credit. But like @Alexie2007 said, be prepared to lose out on the $50 in case, and factor that into your decision to switch.
Thank you for this. It worked. Key is "in-house reservations" like you mention. I probably should have just emailed but I wanted to make sure they kept the deposit on the books and felt I could convey that better by phone. Took me a bit to get to in house reservations (don't punch the reservation option the auto voice offers - that will take you to Marriott corporate - no help). Instead hit the guest services option, once there they transferred me to in house reservations.

I think (?) the CSP is a slightly better 'payback' on restaurants than the Flex,right? b/c of the small % back at end of spending year? Anyway I keep mine for transfer/travel etc.

What are the group's thoughts on the Amazon 5% back card? We use Amazon a lot at home, and for our business. We get 2 CPs, use URs and MRs some, have cash back cards, but aren't really playing the churning game much. 5% with no effort seems like it is worthwhile?

Cards we have:
Me-- AU on DH SW personal (5+ yrs) and DH Disney (5+ yrs, sock drawer)
Me Biz-- SW Biz ('20)
DH-- SW Personal (5+ yrs), Disney no fee (5+yrs, sock drawer), CSR (11/20, most personal spend here)
DH Biz-- AmEx Green ('19, employee cards here), Cap1 ('19, reports to personal credit I think, nearly all Biz spend goes here, 2% cash back), CIP ('19)
that was good advice from some of the others. but my 2 cents is... but only on this particular card. I did waste a 5/24 slot with the Amazon card just because of the ease of use. True about amazon gift card etc. but that was always an extra trip out of my way. I just have my amazon card attached and i never have to do a thing. but I have also been using the card for 10 years now. Just my thoughts and I am not as knowledgeable as some here.

Thank you for this. It worked. Key is "in-house reservations" like you mention. I probably should have just emailed but I wanted to make sure they kept the deposit on the books and felt I could convey that better by phone. Took me a bit to get to in house reservations (don't punch the reservation option the auto voice offers - that will take you to Marriott corporate - no help). Instead hit the guest services option, once there they transferred me to in house reservations.
So glad it worked out and you got a great rate, the larger Swan beds AND your $50 Amex offer. Yay.

Ugh- it's terrible when you get sent over to Marriott corporate- they are useless.

I’d get the CIC - 75k UR bonus plus 5x at office supply stores, which generally carry Amazon GCs. Load those to your Amazon account, and boom! 5x on Amazon purchases (and in URs which, to me, are more valuable than cash back).
Good advice - also Chase Freedom/Freedom Flex with 5% on grocery category this quarter - 9% if you are in the first year of your freedom flex and have the additional 4% first year grocery bonus as well. My first year is up in a few days and I have been busily snapping up Disney/Amazon gift cards to use up my $1500 Q1 spend before the extra 4% runs out at the end of the week.

Only advantage of the Amazon card is that they sometimes runs special deals for Amazon card holders.

@iujen94, @GZanta77, and @jimitrout, thank you for the advice! I have been thinking of those. Maybe I need to make the business it’s own Amazon user so I can load its balance separately from personal. And maybe I need a CFF just for personal, that’s a good bonus. Is the $1500 for the quarter for the grocery category? I’d easily blow thru that if I bought cards at grocery.

My SW Bus card fee just hit and I am not wondering if I should cancel. I have the CP through the end of the year. I don't think I will need any of the benefits. I only used the free upgraded boarding once last year because they are rarely available when I travel. I don't even charge my SW flights to the card after getting stranded last year. I will likely go for a CP again early '23 so I would need to cancel it anyway before the next anniversary date. Any reason to keep it that I am overlooking?

My SW Bus card fee just hit and I am not wondering if I should cancel. I have the CP through the end of the year. I don't think I will need any of the benefits. I only used the free upgraded boarding once last year because they are rarely available when I travel. I don't even charge my SW flights to the card after getting stranded last year. I will likely go for a CP again early '23 so I would need to cancel it anyway before the next anniversary date. Any reason to keep it that I am overlooking?
Did you already get your anniversary miles? I waited to cancel until I had my miles and still got the af refunded.

Wait until (as @StephPlum says) your anniversary miles post and cancel. I use the free wifi benefit every time I fly and occasionally (once a year?) take advantage of the upgraded boarding but honestly it's sock drawered all year and canceled in prep for the next time the CP is due for renewal.

@iujen94, @GZanta77, and @jimitrout, thank you for the advice! I have been thinking of those. Maybe I need to make the business it’s own Amazon user so I can load its balance separately from personal. And maybe I need a CFF just for personal, that’s a good bonus. Is the $1500 for the quarter for the grocery category? I’d easily blow thru that if I bought cards at grocery.

Yes, the $1500 each quarter for the 5% bonuses (Q1: Grocery and Ebay) - categories change each quarter - however the additional first year grocery bonus on the CFF is valid on up to $12,000 of spend in the first 12 months.

Don't ignore the SUB though - 75000 URs on the CIC vs only 20,000 on the CFF. Ideally get both.

In case it applies....P2 took advantage (unbeknownst to her :cool:) of the promo SW threw out there in the last quarter of '21 to extend CP. Just checked, and while I thought it wasn't until tomorrow, looks like it's ready to go. View attachment 636300

Yay! Three trips planned AND now have a couple months to get the new (P1) CP.
Boo, my account says I need to call to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter