• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal Green. I have tried both in the past, today I tried with a link.
just tried with no referral, no dice there either.
I am running out of cards to apply for.
I looked at the Citi Premier, but I don't think the transfer partners would do me much good.
I would love some more UR's, since MR's are out. I have CSP,CIC and CIU and the spend on CIP is too much.
I don't have either Freedom, but the spend and bonus are so low LOL. I have way more than that in property tax. Do those get UR's? that could be combined with my CSP?

I looked at the Citi Premier, but I don't think the transfer partners would do me much good.
I would love some more UR's, since MR's are out. I have CSP,CIC and CIU and the spend on CIP is too much.
I don't have either Freedom, but the spend and bonus are so low LOL. I have way more than that in property tax. Do those get UR's? that could be combined with my CSP?
ugh that sucks.

Next on our list are the Barclay Aviator for DH and Citi Premier for the both, in hopes that Citi brings back the AA transfer.

Yes, Freedom cards earn URs.

ETA: What about a United card? The Explorer card's MSR is $3K, AF waived the first year.

ugh that sucks.

Next on our list are the Barclay Aviator for DH and Citi Premier for the both, in hopes that Citi brings back the AA transfer.

Yes, Freedom cards earn URs.

ETA: What about a United card? The Explorer card's MSR is $3K, AF waived the first year.
Neither AA or United are real useful out of Mpls. I am sitting on AA miles and credit that I can't use.
I will look to see if United has any useful flights from here.

still haven't heard about my CIU so I tried P2 for a CIU. he got pending status too. our fico is over 800, our housing renovation business is real (schedule E) we typically pay capital gains and our C?L on credit cards is less than 50% of income.
aagghh
Hate to waste some large spends!

Neither AA or United are real useful out of Mpls. I am sitting on AA miles and credit that I can't use.
I will look to see if United has any useful flights from here.
They do, but everything is going to go through ORD or DEN, looks like HOU and EWR as well.

Yes, which one looks more appealing?
View attachment 636003
:rotfl:
But I'd go with @Judique 's suggestion of let Puggles decide. If he'll eat it, he's happy. Our pets aren't usually as concerned with how things look as we are. Typically that's not meat pieces in there, it's all the same food recipe and they shape it differently so to YOU it looks like meat and veggies. All pet food marketing is aimed at us, because Puggles doesn't buy his own food. :rolleyes: Beyond is a good brand and gets good ingredients - I would feed it without hesitation. I buy Pro Plan kibble for my cat and I don't even get a discount! :rotfl:

But I'd go with @Judique 's suggestion of let Puggles decide. If he'll eat it, he's happy. Our pets aren't usually as concerned with how things look as we are. Typically that's not meat pieces in there, it's all the same food recipe and they shape it differently so to YOU it looks like meat and veggies. All pet food marketing is aimed at us, because Puggles doesn't buy his own food. :rolleyes: Beyond is a good brand and gets good ingredients - I would feed it without hesitation. I buy Pro Plan kibble for my cat and I don't even get a discount! :rotfl:

I agree. My mom's dog won't eat the canned that's pieces of meat in stuff, he wants the one that's just mush but he likes his cesears. Not my choice on brand but he's not my dog. Dude gets Blue kibble but canned for special occasions or now that he just had his teeth done, but even the mush kind you can see the carrots, sometimes the peas but they tend to blend into the brown. It looks and smells gross but he loves it

It too him until yesterday afternoon to be back to himself. He wasn't a happy camper when he got home Tuesday but did eventually eat some can once I spoon fed him, which I had to do yesterday morning too. He's now missing his two front teeth and hasn't had the bottoms for a few years, and knowing how he eats canned food, I can imagine it hurt. Went back to softened kibble last night and all is good. I do like that at 15 he still gets excited for his food.

I agree. My mom's dog won't eat the canned that's pieces of meat in stuff, he wants the one that's just mush but he likes his cesears. Not my choice on brand but he's not my dog. Dude gets Blue kibble but canned for special occasions or now that he just had his teeth done, but even the mush kind you can see the carrots, sometimes the peas but they tend to blend into the brown. It looks and smells gross but he loves it

It too him until yesterday afternoon to be back to himself. He wasn't a happy camper when he got home Tuesday but did eventually eat some can once I spoon fed him, which I had to do yesterday morning too. He's now missing his two front teeth and hasn't had the bottoms for a few years, and knowing how he eats canned food, I can imagine it hurt. Went back to softened kibble last night and all is good. I do like that at 15 he still gets excited for his food.
I find most canned pet food smells gross (to a point lol). There's also a kibble cat food we make that I think smells like wet food :crazy2: Then again, I've been extra sensitive to smells lately!

My cat will eat pate or shredded style canned food which she gets as a treat, but I don't buy the pate now because she will take the chunk out of the bowl and put it on the floor to eat. I guess to make sure it's extra dead? She's begging for some now as I type.

I’m about to strangle P2! He’s a reluctant P2 but I finally convinced him to apply for another card to earn more URs for the fam. Our washer died on us and he went to Lowes…ended up buying a new washer and dryer. Told him to use my Unlimited to pay for it…doesn’t listen and uses his Quicksilver instead :sad2:. Said he didn’t have my card on him so I sent him my referral link to get his own again. Been nagging him to get his own because this isn’t the first time. Guess what? He goes and applies for the card without telling me while I was getting ready for bed. When I’m getting comfy under the covers, he casually mentions that he applied and that he got a “I’ll get back to you response”. Thought that was a little weird since he doesn’t have a lot of Chase cards and has good credit. Probed some more and then it comes out that he didn’t unfreeze his credit. OMG! :faint: This is a guy that graduated from an Ivy. Sigh…where’s the common sense lol? He’s applied for other cards before so he’s gone through the steps. After my rant…should he call Chase or can he apply again with unfrozen credit? We have another big spend at the end of the month that we could use the card for.

I’m about to strangle P2! He’s a reluctant P2 but I finally convinced him to apply for another card to earn more URs for the fam. Our washer died on us and he went to Lowes…ended up buying a new washer and dryer. Told him to use my Unlimited to pay for it…doesn’t listen and uses his Quicksilver instead :sad2:. Said he didn’t have my card on him so I sent him my referral link to get his own again. Been nagging him to get his own because this isn’t the first time. Guess what? He goes and applies for the card without telling me while I was getting ready for bed. When I’m getting comfy under the covers, he casually mentions that he applied and that he got a “I’ll get back to you response”. Thought that was a little weird since he doesn’t have a lot of Chase cards and has good credit. Probed some more and then it comes out that he didn’t unfreeze his credit. OMG! :faint: This is a guy that graduated from an Ivy. Sigh…where’s the common sense lol? He’s applied for other cards before so he’s gone through the steps. After my rant…should he call Chase or can he apply again with unfrozen credit? We have another big spend at the end of the month that we could use the card for.

He needs to unfreeze his credit, then call them and tell them he forgot to unfreeze it before he applied and ask them to run it again. If you just wait, he's going to have to wait 30 days to apply. It should be a quick call.

still haven't heard about my CIU so I tried P2 for a CIU. he got pending status too. our fico is over 800, our housing renovation business is real (schedule E) we typically pay capital gains and our C?L on credit cards is less than 50% of income.
aagghh
Hate to waste some large spends!
Not sure if you mentioned it before but are you applying under sole proprietorship, using your SSN? Make sure your business name is exactly the same as your actual name, no business name. Actual businesses seem to get more investigation than the "businesses" many of us use. Also if you haven't heard anything on your app, maybe call in. It might be identity verification or something simple. Worst case is they deny you, but without calling you're effectively denied anyway.

You could do a CIC or CIU if you’re ok with the MSR.

The easiest way to get status is with the Hilton Aspire which comes with Diamond status. AF is $450, but you get $250 airline incidental, $250 resort credit (must be on the resort list), and a free night cert. You get the FNC soon after card opening, unlike most other cards you have to wait a year. It works for any standard night award, no cap. Usually restricted to weekends, but currently works for any day, through the end of this year at least. I love the aspirational properties, so this is a very valuable benefit for me and I find the AF well worth it.

The status most worth having though IMO is Hyatt Globalist. That’s not as easy to get as you need 60 elite nights in a year. The Hyatt personal card comes with 5 elite nights every year and 2 for every $5000 spend. It comes with a cat 4 FNC every year, but you have to wait for your first anniversary. You can also get a cat 4 FNC for spending 15k a year. I think it’s worth having for the $95 AF, but the SUB at the moment isn’t particularly good. It’s advertised as 60k, but it’s really 30k for $3000 spend. Plus a extra point up to $15k spend.

Thanks for your input and advice. I think it will be difficult to achieve Hyatt Globalist at the moment. Not only will it be hard to stay that many nights and/or spend that much $ on the card, I think the status only last for about a year+ and then you have to keep staying and spending to keep the status from year to year? Has the SUB been better in the past?

Seems like throwing a $450 AF to Hilton (once a year) to achieve Diamond status is the easiest for my lazy ***.

I need to do some research to see what benefits are available and which ones will be valuable to me.

Thanks again!

Do most of you get charged a convenience fee if you use your credit card to pay property taxes? Ours is 2.09%. Thinking of applying for the SW biz card to get me to CP sooner and pay the taxes. I’m 4/24 and I have 2 other cards I’m working on the MSR Sw priority opened 10/22/2021 and Venture x opened 12/6/2021. Taking my time on the x as I already have a good stash of Cap One miles to use. I also have a large deposit to make on a Generac. Is it too soon to try for a biz card? My only other biz card is the CIP which I opened Jan 2021 and I’ll be downgrading when AF comes due to a CIC.

Do most of you get charged a convenience fee if you use your credit card to pay property taxes? Ours is 2.09%. Thinking of applying for the SW biz card to get me to CP sooner and pay the taxes. I’m 4/24 and I have 2 other cards I’m working on the MSR Sw priority opened 10/22/2021 and Venture x opened 12/6/2021. Taking my time on the x as I already have a good stash of Cap One miles to use. I also have a large deposit to make on a Generac. Is it too soon to try for a biz card? My only other biz card is the CIP which I opened Jan 2021 and I’ll be downgrading when AF comes due to a CIC.
I get charged a fee but it is worth it to meet a MSR.

You are fine to apply for SW Biz. Good luck!

Tangential question: I see some here freeze their credit in between applications. Is this just to protect against identify fraud or are there other benefits to doing this? How easy/time intensive is it to freeze/unfreeze? Guess I should probably be an adult and think about doing this! 😆

OMG I accidentally found a canned food all my cats loved this morning when I fed them. Its Wellness Signature grain free skipjack tuna and salmon. And it's way too expensive for me to be buying for 4 cats! I'd gone to Petco to pick up a few cans of something cause my order is delayed. Nothing I would usually buy on the shelves. Hope they enjoyed it, as it's 2-3 times more expensive than their usual fancy feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter