• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my Cap One app this morning and when I view the offer for the Venture x showing on my home page (I already have the Venture x card), it still shows that the offer ends 1/11/2022 when you click “view offer”. Does anyone else who has a cap One app see that same date? I’m trying to get DD to get the card. She will for sure get $600 in perks plus the 100,000 points earned. ($200 Airbnb credit, $100 global entry, and $300 travel credit as long as she books thru the Cap One travel site. She’s in Germany and she needs flights to London in September for a DCL cruise, and we are planning a trip to Lapland in December. I also want to add DS as an AU to my Venture x card to help meet the spend faster. He’s a 24 yr old grad student. He has the CSP and SW card which he applied for last year. He also earned the CP at the end of 2021. Any disadvantages to adding him as an AU on the x? He’s not applying for any cards on his own. And he does not need his own Venture x. Nor does he have any substantial income.

Does anyone here travel out of JFK? We are flying out of JFK in April and leaving our car for 10 days. Wondering if it’s worth it to pre parking?
I have only picked up DH a few times there, so I’m not really familiar with the parking situation.
I like to keep things as easy as possible with having the little kids so thinking it might be worth the $$$.

Does anyone here travel out of JFK? We are flying out of JFK in April and leaving our car for 10 days. Wondering if it’s worth it to pre parking?
I have only picked up DH a few times there, so I’m not really familiar with the parking situation.
I like to keep things as easy as possible with having the little kids so thinking it might be worth the $$$.
Not sure where you live but it may be easier to take a car service both ways…the long term parking is far away from the terminals and you need to take the AirTrain to them.

We're working on the MSR for P2's Southwest Performance Business and put $1200 in registration fees for kids' summer camp on it. These fees are paid ahead of time to hold our kids' spots for this camp, but are fully refundable until May. There's a good possibility we'll end up changing camp plans for DS and will have at least some of this money refunded eventually (likely well after the MSR has been completed and the SUB has paid out). If this happens, what is the likelihood that Chase will claw back the SUB? These points will be going towards our 2022/2023 CP as well, so there's quite a lot at stake. Should we plan to spend $1200 above the MSR to protect ourselves from this?

If anyone is still hunting for a PS5 tomorrow or Thursday morning there is supposed to be a major Target drop sometime between 6-9 AM. Apparently stores have the largest inventory on some time.
Thanks. Wait tomorrow would actually be today, right? In store only?

Poor Puggles! He typically gets Nature’s Recipe stew but Amazon is out of it so I went with Purina Beyond. I don’t know what it is but it looks like chunks of tofu instead of the cage free chicken it claims to be. I think I am going to donate the rest of the case. It just looks disgusting for the little Prince to be eating.
Is this the canned food? I've never gotten to see it since we only make kibble at my location.

We're working on the MSR for P2's Southwest Performance Business and put $1200 in registration fees for kids' summer camp on it. These fees are paid ahead of time to hold our kids' spots for this camp, but are fully refundable until May. There's a good possibility we'll end up changing camp plans for DS and will have at least some of this money refunded eventually (likely well after the MSR has been completed and the SUB has paid out). If this happens, what is the likelihood that Chase will claw back the SUB? These points will be going towards our 2022/2023 CP as well, so there's quite a lot at stake. Should we plan to spend $1200 above the MSR to protect ourselves from this?

I had this happen in 2020, inadvertently. I placed a lot of summer camp fees on cards and then of course, just about all of them were cancelled that summer. I didn't have any claw backs but then I also spent more on the cards from the time I put the deposits down to when the refunds occurred. It money probably evened out in the end. I also asked some of the camps to get refunded in cash if possible which some did. It was a mess that summer. I would just spend some over just in case.

DH was added as a user on both my chase SW and Disney cards. They've showed up as new accts on his credit report. Has that always been a thing? He swears it never happened before, but I never paid enough attention to it until I started following these boards (and when his chase cards got hacked). Would this affect his being able to apply for new cards?

Also, I'm at 2/24. One being my SW card. We have a Hilton Aspire Amex, and the SW card which covers most of our travel. I have a CFU but I'm not sure the best way to redeem those rewards. Do I need to get another card like CSR to really take advantage of them?

Last question. I got my SW card about 1 week before they announced the new benefits, including the extra 50K miles for the spend in the 1st year. We stupidly met the 1st MSR in Dec so that credited in 2020 (insert facepalm emoji). Will I get the 2nd 50K if I meet that (which I will) or would that have only applied to those who got the card AFTER they announced it? That would go a long way towards my CP.

I still have to check the website (because the app still seems to limit the number of offers shown. Offhand I think it's still about 50 instead of 100) but I have the offers for Freight and Office but don't have Shipping. Coincidentally or not, Shipping I had saved to my card during the last offer period and didn't save either the Freight or Office. :confused3
So I forced myself to go through all the offers. Finally have way more added to cards than available - just so. much. alcohol o_O Everytime I thought I got them all, I'd refresh and there's another! Are AmEx card holders more likely to be drinkers (or entertain our boozy friends more) or do they just want us to be? That was just a crazy amount of alcohol and alcohol related products. I feel like they want me to step up my quarterly case of beer purchase. :rolleyes:

But anyway, I do have the FedEx Shipping offer. It just wasn't showing up on the card I wanted it to! I thought the FedEx offers appeared on every Business card since this is the replacement for the old business program they discontinued that was offered to every cardholder. The level of discount varies, but still every card would get something. But maybe it's tagged per person and not card now? I have all 3 FedEx offers on 2 of 3 Biz cards, but only Freight and Office on the 3rd. Fortunately I got targeted for the 50% one so I'll just take it before they change their mind and "make do" on the other card.

On a side note, the Freight and Office offers are showing on a few of my personal cards even though they are marked as business card offers. In my past experience if you add it to a personal card it will still trigger the offer, but just know that the full terms do specify that "Only U.S.-issued American Express® Business Cards are eligible. " So far no repercussions and haven't heard of any from anywhere else. Just full disclosure to make up your own mind.

DH was added as a user on both my chase SW and Disney cards. They've showed up as new accts on his credit report. Has that always been a thing? He swears it never happened before, but I never paid enough attention to it until I started following these boards (and when his chase cards got hacked). Would this affect his being able to apply for new cards?

Also, I'm at 2/24. One being my SW card. We have a Hilton Aspire Amex, and the SW card which covers most of our travel. I have a CFU but I'm not sure the best way to redeem those rewards. Do I need to get another card like CSR to really take advantage of them?

Last question. I got my SW card about 1 week before they announced the new benefits, including the extra 50K miles for the spend in the 1st year. We stupidly met the 1st MSR in Dec so that credited in 2020 (insert facepalm emoji). Will I get the 2nd 50K if I meet that (which I will) or would that have only applied to those who got the card AFTER they announced it? That would go a long way towards my CP.
Has that always been a thing? YES
Do I need to get another card like CSR to really take advantage of them? You can still use the Chase Travel Portal with your CF, but you'll get a better return rate with the CSP (1.25) or CSR (1.5). If you don't have a Sapphire product I would suggest getting one, that allows you to transfer your URs to travel partners including SW, Hyatt, Marriott & more. Most people start with the CSP as the fee in only $95. The CSR is a much better choice for those that travel often but the AF of $550 scares people away - of course the benefits out way the fee. Benefits include $300 travel credit, TSA pre-check credit, higher travel portal benefit, Priority Pass & more.
Will I get the 2nd 50K if I meet that (which I will) or would that have only applied to those who got the card AFTER they announced it? You can send them a secured message and ask them if they would give you the additional 50K points for the additional spend. Good luck.

Looks like the Peloton credits didn't expire 12/31/22, I went ahead an kept my membership and I had the credit post. I can't find details on the travel portal, it used to track the credit that was used. I'm going to switch payments to our other CSR since I maxed the CSP $60 but still have about $60 left on the CSR.

So I'm wondering WTH is going on w/ a charge. I swear I used my Delta Gold Biz card as I had FedEx shipping offers on it. I sent the package 12/29. There is no charge on ANY of my credit cards, not even pending. I was hoping to get the BF's fedex discount but the guy working was CLEARLY clueless and kept saying he doesn't have one. We had just used it a week prior. Anyways, I ended up paying $54 to have a package shipped to my sister. So I was hoping to at least get the 30% off. She's gotten the package, but still no charges. The original offer expired 12/31. But I just loaded the new one onto my card. So I'm hoping either way if the charge posts I get the discount. Anyone have this happen before? I mean, it doesn't even show pending.....

Looks like the Peloton credits didn't expire 12/31/22, I went ahead an kept my membership and I had the credit post. I can't find details on the travel portal, it used to track the credit that was used. I'm going to switch payments to our other CSR since I maxed the CSP $60 but still have about $60 left on the CSR.

Were you using the CSP? I used all mine on my CSR. But my mom and BF both have CSP and I know they aren't using the credits. I wasn't sure how the $60 worked, since the $120 covered the full charge each month. Does the $60 come off the $12.99 each month until you use it all?

Were you using the CSP? I used all mine on my CSR. But my mom and BF both have CSP and I know they aren't using the credits. I wasn't sure how the $60 worked, since the $120 covered the full charge each month. Does the $60 come off the $12.99 each month until you use it all?
Yes, I was... the last credit of $8.04 posted on 1/2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter