• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm that the Chase Marriott card will refund the annual fee if I cancel before it is due? My free night already posted, not that it’s very useful anymore. The fee has posted to my account and payment is due the 15th. I know other Chase cards will prorate the annual fee refund even after payment, but I’m just not sure about their co-branded cards. If I have to eat the fee regardless, then I’ll keep the card, but really, to me, the card is pretty much useless.

I used to use my free night for an overnight in NYC, but they raised the number of points needed, so the free night certificate no longer works there. Plus, isn’t Marriott moving to dynamic pricing later this year?

I have an Away offer on my CSR (says exclusive CSR offer) for $200 off $500. Would pair nicely with PYB (wasn't that extended through 3/31?).
Thanks so much for that! My DD and SIL have Away and I’m ready to have more efficient luggage, especially for European train travel. Any recommendations on your favorites? I’ve been an ebag fan and have the 25” mother lode and 21” carry on which has served me well for 12 years. Time for new luggage! 😊

Thanks so much for that! My DD and SIL have Away and I’m ready to have more efficient luggage, especially for European train travel. Any recommendations on your favorites? I’ve been an ebag fan and have the 25” mother lode and 21” carry on which has served me well for 12 years. Time for new luggage! 😊
All of them except their totes. The straps are too short on the totes for my liking. I have the larger carry-on, medium checked and large checked luggage. My DH would his carry-on held more the Away but decided he was incorrect when we went to PR over Christmas. We have 3 larger carry-on, 2 medium and 3 large. I am getting ready to order DH a medium bag. Unfortunately, his CSR is not showing up for offers which seems really strange. His account has a negative balance so I wonder if that is the cause.

Can anyone confirm that the Chase Marriott card will refund the annual fee if I cancel before it is due? My free night already posted, not that it’s very useful anymore. The fee has posted to my account and payment is due the 15th. I know other Chase cards will prorate the annual fee refund even after payment, but I’m just not sure about their co-branded cards. If I have to eat the fee regardless, then I’ll keep the card, but really, to me, the card is pretty much useless.

I used to use my free night for an overnight in NYC, but they raised the number of points needed, so the free night certificate no longer works there. Plus, isn’t Marriott moving to dynamic pricing later this year?
Yes, you can the fee refunded.

We have two of the bigger carryons. I’m thinking of one more carryon plus a medium checked bag. I figure that’s a deal for 20k ur or so.

If I use an AU Plat Biz card, will it still trigger the $10 cell phone credit? Or do I have to use the Plat Card?

Well I tried my VGC on the property taxes again yesterday and got the error. So I guess I need to call and see what's up! I guess if I can't use anymore VGC, I need to push those through Serve, and I guess pay the remaining $840 with the account (no fee). Not worth the fees if I'm not using the VGCs (that I got using the CIC).

I'm not sure what I have left to spend on my Surpass for the $8k FNC. I'm assuming chat could help let me know? I'm not sure I'm going to get that certificate either unless something crazy happens in the next month.

Hi there!

I currently run with CSP, CFU, and CFF cards for my daily spending. But I am running into the situation of not really ever using the CSP card anymore...is it worth keeping around? I was originally going for the trifecta as I like the PYB feature when it came to grocery stores, but that seems to have gone. (I mainly buy DGC's from my local grocery store (Meijer if you are from the Michigan area) as they offer really great specials).

Flights are done through Frontier for less than $50 round trip so I don't have an interest in a CC earning miles and I use my Verizon CC to pay for my phone bill.

I did see the Ink Business Preferred card and while I do run my own business (etsy) on the side, I don't really make any of the purchases that would get me extra benefits from the card.

Thoughts?
I didn't have the CSP, I had the CSR but downgraded it so I could MDD. Like others have said, the rental car insurance is worth the $95! Plus the travel insurance! If Frontier is your primary airline, they don't have agreements w/ others when they cancel. So I'm sure that would be priceless. My BF is a captain w/ Spirit, so I get all the "inside" info and all the airlines are hurting, so I would expect Frontier to have cancellations too, LOL. BTW, I'm in MI too....Northville area.

My tile guy finished today! Hoping plumber comes tomorrow, then glass guy, electrician, carpenter, and painter. Shower came out great. View attachment 636120
And sw card closes today. Will make a tax payment tomorrow and then I think I’ll have my CP for two more years!
NICE! It looks a lot like the tile my mom chose. My kids love her shower! They will go visit her just to use her shower, LOL.

We have two of the bigger carryons. I’m thinking of one more carryon plus a medium checked bag. I figure that’s a deal for 20k ur or so.
Looking at the checked bags now…are there any colors you wouldn’t recommend….never paid that much for luggage but with this coupon and PYB it seems like a good deal

Okay GE experts....The BF had an appt for today I just had to reschedule as he has to go and try to catch a horse that got out up at the horse farm his race horse is at. So I moved him to the next open day he's off. It'll be about a month before we go to Mexico. DTW was great about next day appts, but I guess that secret is out, and they only have 1 date before our trip. If he has to cancel that, he can do it upon our return to DTW after Mexico, right? Anyone know how that works? I have GE, so the idea was getting him it so I'm not waiting for him, LOL.

Domestic travel (whether working or not) he always just uses known crewmember to clear TSA. International for work, they skip the long customs line (I don't remember what he does). So he's never really done customs I don't think. To be honest, I don't think he has done TSA either, LOL. Whenever I complain about TSA he's always like, I have no clue what it's like. LOL

Okay GE experts....The BF had an appt for today I just had to reschedule as he has to go and try to catch a horse that got out up at the horse farm his race horse is at. So I moved him to the next open day he's off. It'll be about a month before we go to Mexico. DTW was great about next day appts, but I guess that secret is out, and they only have 1 date before our trip. If he has to cancel that, he can do it upon our return to DTW after Mexico, right? Anyone know how that works? I have GE, so the idea was getting him it so I'm not waiting for him, LOL.

Domestic travel (whether working or not) he always just uses known crewmember to clear TSA. International for work, they skip the long customs line (I don't remember what he does). So he's never really done customs I don't think. To be honest, I don't think he has done TSA either, LOL. Whenever I complain about TSA he's always like, I have no clue what it's like. LOL

As long as you're within the window (something like 730 days from initial approval), you can reschedule your interview. I just got GE for both of my kids, but they were interviewing while staying with their mother. On their first interview, she forgot to bring their passports, so I just rescheduled after-the-fact. The system actually assigned them the earliest available date when their first interview was missed due to lack of paperwork, but it wasn't good, so I went into the TSA website and changed it. Their cards came about a week after the completed interview (9 days to be exact), so if your BF makes his appt it should be no problem getting his card before your trip. If not, just login and pick a new date.

I'm not sure what I have left to spend on my Surpass for the $8k FNC. I'm assuming chat could help let me know? I'm not sure I'm going to get that certificate either unless something crazy happens in the next month.

Depending on how close you are (and what the night is worth to you given that closeness or not), you can always prepay utilities or cell bills or manufacture it another way obviously. (Not that you don't know this.)

Still working on our CIC MSR and not in a rush to complete it. We have until mid March to spend $4k+. But I have my eyes on our next card in the meantime.

We accumulated quite a bit of URs and a bunch of Chase cards among 4 Ps, so I am concentrating on maximizing its usage first. I'm not sure we are ready to venture into AMEX MRs yet. I think my Dad has about 60k in MR that were accumulated over a long (decades?) period of time, back when accumulating MRs required an AF that he paid even though he never used the MR. So, if we venture in MRs, it would only be for my parents' account and use, not for me.

I am thinking of adding a hotel CC to supplement my URs. I am trying to decide between a Hyatt card and a Hilton card. I am intrigued with what a great deal Hyatt stays are on points. I already booked a room for 2 nights for 10k to help my DD move out of the dorms in May. I have not really stayed at a Hyatt recently. My points balance is 0. I never had much brand loyalty, we usually stayed at whatever hotel had the best rate with the best reviews and paid OOP. We stayed at a lot of BW out west when visiting the NPs. That said, I have about 20K currently in Hilton points and tend to gravitate towards Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites when the price is right.

Which of these 2 hotel cards are best in my case? Which has the best SUB, usage bonuses, easiest to accumulate points, and easiest to achieve higher loyalty status? I think that there are generally more Hilton hotels available (along the I-95 and I-81 corridor drive) than Hyatt. But Hyatt redemptions seem the best bang for the buck (points). I and P2 (DH) have 2 CSP and 1 CSR between us. I am not sure if I want to pay a high AF for the hotel card yet until the benefit (not overlapping with the CSR) outweighs (status; potential for upgrades) the AF. A $95 AF is probably acceptable.

Help me decide between these two! TIA!

last pass I have the family account my wife isn't a tech nerd like me and she loves it.
I used to use them until they started charging for things they didn't use to. Now we use Bitwarden and we love it. DH and I are on the same account so we can both access anything from anywhere.

Still working on our CIC MSR and not in a rush to complete it. We have until mid March to spend $4k+. But I have my eyes on our next card in the meantime.

We accumulated quite a bit of URs and a bunch of Chase cards among 4 Ps, so I am concentrating on maximizing its usage first. I'm not sure we are ready to venture into AMEX MRs yet. I think my Dad has about 60k in MR that were accumulated over a long (decades?) period of time, back when accumulating MRs required an AF that he paid even though he never used the MR. So, if we venture in MRs, it would only be for my parents' account and use, not for me.

I am thinking of adding a hotel CC to supplement my URs. I am trying to decide between a Hyatt card and a Hilton card. I am intrigued with what a great deal Hyatt stays are on points. I already booked a room for 2 nights for 10k to help my DD move out of the dorms in May. I have not really stayed at a Hyatt recently. My points balance is 0. I never had much brand loyalty, we usually stayed at whatever hotel had the best rate with the best reviews and paid OOP. We stayed at a lot of BW out west when visiting the NPs. That said, I have about 20K currently in Hilton points and tend to gravitate towards Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites when the price is right.

Which of these 2 hotel cards are best in my case? Which has the best SUB, usage bonuses, easiest to accumulate points, and easiest to achieve higher loyalty status? I think that there are generally more Hilton hotels available (along the I-95 and I-81 corridor drive) than Hyatt. But Hyatt redemptions seem the best bang for the buck (points). I and P2 (DH) have 2 CSP and 1 CSR between us. I am not sure if I want to pay a high AF for the hotel card yet until the benefit (not overlapping with the CSR) outweighs (status; potential for upgrades) the AF. A $95 AF is probably acceptable.

Help me decide between these two! TIA!

The easiest way to get status is with the Hilton Aspire which comes with Diamond status. AF is $450, but you get $250 airline incidental, $250 resort credit (must be on the resort list), and a free night cert. You get the FNC soon after card opening, unlike most other cards you have to wait a year. It works for any standard night award, no cap. Usually restricted to weekends, but currently works for any day, through the end of this year at least. I love the aspirational properties, so this is a very valuable benefit for me and I find the AF well worth it.

The status most worth having though IMO is Hyatt Globalist. That’s not as easy to get as you need 60 elite nights in a year. The Hyatt personal card comes with 5 elite nights every year and 2 for every $5000 spend. It comes with a cat 4 FNC every year, but you have to wait for your first anniversary. You can also get a cat 4 FNC for spending 15k a year. I think it’s worth having for the $95 AF, but the SUB at the moment isn’t particularly good. It’s advertised as 60k, but it’s really 30k for $3000 spend. Plus a extra point up to $15k spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter