I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there an app to pull your Landry's card up on? I just bought mine but wonder if it will get here before we leave on 9/21. I thought I remembered someone saying they showed it on their phone.

I'm trying hard to keep up while out of town, but I have to admit I'm skimming a bit, so I'm sorry if I'm not responding to things.

i got hacked... :(

700k UR --> Cash to an unknown account. :'(

Oh no. I'm so sorry that this happened. And annoyed with Chase for making it so easy. :(

its been all fixed but now my problem is trying to figure out how they got in.

I am so glad you fixed it, and hope you figure out what happened. I don't feel like any of our online data is secure anymore.

Totally off-topic comment... Today began National Suicide Prevention week in the US.

Unfortunately that day for me was marked by heading to a local funeral home to attend the visitation for a former HS classmate. I am not close enough with this person or family to truly know the details, but all of the indicators of this "unexpected passing" are suicide. It's sobering, unsettling, even disturbing to think that a father of 2 who married his HS sweetheart found himself in such a situation that this was "the only way out". I think of 2 elementary aged boys who will grow up without a father, I think of a wife who has to deal with a gamut of emotions that I can't begin to even fathom, I think of a mother who has to bury her son. All I can do is pray for this family who now has to find a way to put one foot in front of the other and somehow move on with their lives now.

It feels odd to me to be somewhat shaken by this event given that you'd almost describe this person as an acquaintance at this point. It seriously has shook me - How this happens is just incomprehensible to me. If anybody here is struggling with thoughts like this - reach out to somebody. Find help - call the suicide prevention lifeline 1-800-273-8255 or if you aren't sure who to talk to PM me right here on the DIS. No family should have to go through an unthinkable tragedy like this.

I'm so sorry. I totally understand. Same thing happened a few months ago to a man I went to kindergarten-12 with, and it was also unexpected, and social media posts made it clear that he was dealing with depression. It was never posted as suicide, but it's pretty clear that he took his own life. Left a wife (his HS sweetheart who I really don't care for so we aren't close) and 3 kids. We were never really close, and hadn't kept in touch, but it really shook me. He had everything most people desperately want, and it came easily; money, family, friends, and yet he was in a dark place and wanted out. I'm still really sad about it. :(

Thanks for reinforcing one of the things I did for our Oz/NZ trip! Our cruise is out of Sydney so "mom" applied for a CSP, paid $4000 of the cruise fare, earning 68K URs and transferred 60K URs to Hyatt. Hyatt allows member to member transfers with a form (quick 1 day turnaround) so bam! 2 nights at the PH Sydney, which is one of Hyatt's aspirational properties. The cheapest nights for our stay are retailing over $1000/night so this was a great redemption, at least for me.

@mmmears has inspired me to visit The Starry Night in NYC (I'm a Van Gough fan) so at some point I'll be looking at doing something similarly for PH-NYC. "Mom" was just approved for a CIC so I have a sneaking suspicion I know where "her" points are headed.

PHSydney is a place I'd love to stay at if I get back there anytime soon. I think the UR>Hyatt points is a great deal. We were happy with the PHNY as well. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

We are staying at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai January 1-3 50k UR over $1500 in value. Can’t wait!

I love that place! It was one of the 2 hotels we stayed at during our honeymoon, and we returned several times since. I would have visited more had there been direct flights back when DD was little, but there weren't so we ended up going to Maui more often, but Kauai is so beautiful and the Hyatt is just lovely. I hope you have a great time!

Today is my first time packing with packing cubes and omg I actually have room in my suitcase now. These things are amazing.

Yay! I have been using mine for years, and have told others about them, but it's hard to explain how they can make things better when they do take up room themselves.

I like the JetBlue+ card for SUB, free bags and 10% points rebate on reward bookings - but it is lousy for everyday spend. I keep it as the $99 annual fee is mostly offset by the 5000 anniversary miles.

Is there another airline card that is better then? Just trying to think cause we'll be doing a lot of travel in the next year.

Please tell me if this will work. I'm cutting it close on the dates for a number of things.
My CSR AF posted 9/1, but the travel credit won't reset until "after statement close," which is 9/21. Anyone know how long after? Next day (which is a Sunday-will that make a difference)??
I'm flying to CA 9/23-9/29 and we are planning Disneyland for 9/27-9/28.
I would like to use the travel credits to buy Disneyland tickets.
So, can I buy the tickets on 9/22 (assuming travel credit has reset) through LMT or Undercover Tourist to use on 9/27. Are they emailed immediately? Or is there any delay?
Then I plan to product change the CSR to a CF on 9/30 (just under the wire). Assuming I'll get the refund then on the AF.

Do you think this will all work out?
I ended up having to buy some DL tickets the night before we went and i Was able to get them from LMT. So that part should work!

Isn't there an app to pull your Landry's card up on? I just bought mine but wonder if it will get here before we leave on 9/21. I thought I remembered someone saying they showed it on their phone.

I can't see an APP anywhere on the website, but I'd like that option also. I need a separate purse to hold all these darn cards!

What are people’s plans for CP for 2020-21. I was thinking SW biz 80k next month and regular SW biz in Jan
Hmm, good question. I have a flight in Oct so I want to pull the 50,000 personal, but I also want the 80k on the biz before it goes away. Trying to decide the best order to do this.

I'm curious if the CIP insurance would cover family members? I'm wondering if I should start paying DH's phone bill with my CIP? I pay mine and DS21's phone with my CIP, but DH takes care of his own currently.

It would cover additional lines under your account that’s listed on the cell phone bill you’re paying with the CIP. I don’t believe it covers any bill you’re paying separately with the CIP.

The exact language from the CIP benefits guide is as follows:

“This protection provides benefits only to You the eligible Cardholder and eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone lines listed on Your most recent cellular provider’s monthly billing statement for the billing cycle prior to when the incident occurred.”

The provisions of the CIP’s cell phone insurance benefit can be found here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred at pages 48-52.

Please tell me if this will work. I'm cutting it close on the dates for a number of things.
My CSR AF posted 9/1, but the travel credit won't reset until "after statement close," which is 9/21. Anyone know how long after? Next day (which is a Sunday-will that make a difference)??
I'm flying to CA 9/23-9/29 and we are planning Disneyland for 9/27-9/28.
I would like to use the travel credits to buy Disneyland tickets.
So, can I buy the tickets on 9/22 (assuming travel credit has reset) through LMT or Undercover Tourist to use on 9/27. Are they emailed immediately? Or is there any delay?
Then I plan to product change the CSR to a CF on 9/30 (just under the wire). Assuming I'll get the refund then on the AF.

Do you think this will all work out?
Mine just reset at midnight of my statement close. I actually had 2 $5.60 charges from SW that hit the day of my statement close and they were already credited! I haven't used UT recently, but I got the e-tickets pretty instantly in the past. I think you would be ok order the day your statement closes and you see it reset!

I can't see an APP anywhere on the website, but I'd like that option also. I need a separate purse to hold all these darn cards!
Shouldn't it be the App store on your phone? I am at work without Wi-Fi access to check.
The app is actually "LSC" which is very odd. Looks like this:

DB407979-AFE9-41DC-B826-89CBAC6EE9E0.jpeg

Friendly Reminder: CHECK your point balances regularly!

One of the sheets on my churning tracking spreadsheet is devoted to monitoring my point balances. Know how many points you have - the only way you'll know some go missing is if you know what the number should be.

There are numerous instances I can cite where this comes in handy:
  • @Albort just today saying somebody drained his URs (now it's pretty easy to see if everything goes missing) BUT checking regularly means you'll catch this quickly!
  • @elgerber (I believe it was her) had somebody fraudulently use AA miles I think. It took awhile to resolve but she was on top of it.
  • @wendow had an issue with Southwest pulling the wrong amount of SW RR points when she made a flight change. At the time she was unsure of the exact correct amount and expressed that she wished she had an accurate spreadsheet at the time.
There's likely other instances that I'm totally forgetting. The key here is to have some mechanism to keep track!

I keep track of the number of points I have and the date I last updated that figure (so I can isolate when something changed). Additionally, I also track last activity and expiration in this sheet as well for programs that have expiration policies. I try to check this at a minimum once a month but it's not unheard of for me to check this weekly, because I'm kinda crazy with my points.

If you have 300,000 UR laying around that's $3,000+ in value. If you have 100,000+ SW RR points that's almost $1,500 in value. Just giving an example here to show that these points are worth something - verify the accuracy of your accounts and treat them like you would treat cash in your bank account. It's sad but points fraud is out there, make sure you are protecting yourself!
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I use awardwallet. It keeps track of both mine and my wife's reward points and when they expire. Southwest doesn't track automatically but everything else does. And it is free. it has a premium version also but Ive been using the free version for a couple of years.

Newbie question. Whats the best business card for travel purposes? We own a restaurant, and currently put produce and a number of other expenses on a card to get the rewards. He's been using the Disney visa bc it's super easy to just use the rewards to pay for this trip. Then he has a SW card and I have a companion pass. We also have the hilton card, which we use points for all our other non-disney related travel.

sigh, somehow they got back in again... :\ I think im hacked somewhere else.
I am so sorry! I had someone try to access my Gmail a few weeks back from an Android device in another country. Gmail notified me, but I got paranoid and enabled two-factor authentication on every account I could. I couldn't find it for Chase, but it always challenges me when I access from a "new browser" OR constantly clear my history/cache because MDE hates cookies. How is this person getting around that?

Last edited:
Newbie question. Whats the best business card for travel purposes? We own a restaurant, and currently put produce and a number of other expenses on a card to get the rewards. He's been using the Disney visa bc it's super easy to just use the rewards to pay for this trip. Then he has a SW card and I have a companion pass. We also have the hilton card, which we use points for all our other non-disney related travel.

Probably the Chase Ink Preferred card. If you decide to sign up, consider using a support link from the group Reddit.

Last edited:
We seem to be in about the same boat as everyone. I got CIP#2 on 7/30. I've got another $1k to hit MSR. We have a flight 11/3 to Vegas BUT it was going to be nearly 45k points for 2 of us, taking 9 hours each way with layovers and Frontier was $303 with baggage and tax. We plan on flying in Mar somewhere tropical for Spring Break (6 total) and to Las Vegas in July 2020 (6 of us again) so the Companion Pass will be nice. Going to apply for the SW Biz 10/1/19 and then SW Personal 1/20 (or can I move this up earlier if we book a trip?)

Somewhere in there I need to find a business card for DH. AMEX says he has too many cards with them (only a Surpass, Marriott Biz and SPG personal) so whatever. Really wanted the Hilton Biz lol. He'll go from 7/24 to 4/24 between Mar/Apr 2020 then finally do all the Chase Biz cards, YEAH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter