I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there an app to pull your Landry's card up on? I just bought mine but wonder if it will get here before we leave on 9/21. I thought I remembered someone saying they showed it on their phone.
I bought ours about a week before our trip and my card hadn’t arrived yet. They had me write down my name and either phone number or email address and we’re able to look up the account that way. It was really easy and I couldn’t believe how nice they treated us because of the membership!

I bought ours about a week before our trip and my card hadn’t arrived yet. They had me write down my name and either phone number or email address and we’re able to look up the account that way. It was really easy and I couldn’t believe how nice they treated us because of the membership!
I literally signed up for it while standing in line and they said that was good enough and seated us lol

Good to know, thank you!!

Is the Cap One Spark Business Transferable? Our office got in an offer for $1000 Cash Bonus when spending $10,000 in 3 months. . I know they show up on credit report even though it is a Business Card. And can you Venmo this card (otherwise I would not be able to make the spend - unless I wait until the last moment to apply which is 10/22 that will take me into Spring Tuition. I do have a Cap One Venture card with 30,000 credit limit - should this be lowered if I am able to use this offer.

Is there another airline card that is better then? Just trying to think cause we'll be doing a lot of travel in the next year.

Well, that really depends on which airlines you can see yourself using. I love Jet Blue - but the credit card only earns 2pts/$ on grocery and restaurants and 1 pt/$ elsewhere. Compare that to Chase Ultimate Rewards where you can earn 5pts/$ on quarterly freedom cards and convert those URs to JetBlue at 1:1 ratio. Or Amex Gold Charge Card which earns 4pts/$ on Grocery and Restaurants and converts to JetBlue at a ratio of 1 : 0.8 . (sometimes also 1:1 if they run a JetBlue bonus)

So basically, while I like the JetBlue+ card for the benefits - it is much better to put bonus category spend on other cards and transfer the points to JetBlue.

Update: so this morning's event might have been a useless one. I thought my email was compromised however i did not see any unsual login but did fine a phone i didnt recognized... but there was no login at all from that phone location.
The initial happening was when someone called in to have my points moved. My guess is he socialed his way to only my biz account, my personal account was left untouched.

so far, ive changed to completely new passwords that ive never had before on all accounts... im really hoping what happened today was just a blowover. i hope no one here gets that.

sigh, somehow they got back in again... :\ I think im hacked somewhere else.
Well, that really depends on which airlines you can see yourself using. I love Jet Blue - but the credit card only earns 2pts/$ on grocery and restaurants and 1 pt/$ elsewhere. Compare that to Chase Ultimate Rewards where you can earn 5pts/$ on quarterly freedom cards and convert those URs to JetBlue at 1:1 ratio. Or Amex Gold Charge Card which earns 4pts/$ on Grocery and Restaurants and converts to JetBlue at a ratio of 1 : 0.8 . (sometimes also 1:1 if they run a JetBlue bonus)

So basically, while I like the JetBlue+ card for the benefits - it is much better to put bonus category spend on other cards and transfer the points to JetBlue.
Or don’t forget CSR 1.5 redemptions. They have JetBlue on the portal and you can enter your TB account and earn miles on those flights. Another option I know @PolyRob has gone that route

Newbie question. Whats the best business card for travel purposes? We own a restaurant, and currently put produce and a number of other expenses on a card to get the rewards. He's been using the Disney visa bc it's super easy to just use the rewards to pay for this trip. Then he has a SW card and I have a companion pass. We also have the hilton card, which we use points for all our other non-disney related travel.

The Chase Ink Preferred CIP...give you 80K URs after a $5k spend in the first 3 months....the URs are very versatile...they can be transfer to SW or another travel partner, cashed out or used to book trips through the Chase travel portal
cashed out,

My SW CP dp....(Can I get any more acronyms in here?)

12/03/18 Applied in flight for Priority - instant approval
01/04/19 Applied for SW BIZ - approved 01/07

I was 4/24 at the time with four Chase cards in 15 months. Two of those were from a failed double dip in August 2018, resulting in the CSP being closed 10 days after approval. Definitely not the best circumstances to be going for a CP, but it worked!

Eta: quotes didn't stick, think @disneymagicgirl was one contemplating CP timing ???

Last edited:
What is about the Costco clothing section that usually makes me want a bunch of stuff.... old person at heart?

Very similar scenario. Do you think you’d be ok hitting Chase one month apart In Dec/Jan? Not sure I am.

Yes, I did this for my CP last time and DH's overall velocity is very tame. I wouldn't do it now for myself, but it will be fine for him. (red cards are closed and yellow on the chopping block)

ETA: Well now I am seeing he is eligible for a sapphire come 3/1 as well. I am thinking after the next CIP and SW CP, I lay off for 6 months and then double dip?

what ive been told, they are suppose to do a security code sent to your phone... but the caller can say i lost that phone and i guess they dont ask for anything else... im not sure.
I’m half tempted to try to call in on my own account and “fraudulently” cash out some points to see how hard it is to get past their so-called security...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter