CKC-Hartford CLASSES ARE UP master list post 1

I may have half a room available too, not sure if my friends are coming or not - always a question of money.

Right now my plan is

Thursday - Album in a day (I'll have to leave home by 6 am for this one, is it worth it?)

Friday

11:10 Fun & Fast Journaling (tentative)
12:30-1:30 Disney Board book
3:10-4:10 Scheming around

Dinner - Y'all know each other - can a stranger come too?

6:00-7:30 Vellum 911 (tentative)

Friday night crop - is anybody going? or will I be dead by then?

Saturday
9:50 - 10:50 6 pages in 60 minutes
12:30 - 1:30 Absolute Organiation

Then, I could either go home and save a night's hotel or stay for the Saturday night crop - is anybody else attending?

Question for you experts (previous attendees) - am I overloading myself?

Hi Linda - as to your quesion for the experts - I am no help there, as i have never been to a CKC show before.
No, I have never met any of these ladies before but have found, over the past yr, that they seem to be wonderful, supportive and really nice people (many with a great sense of humor).
I look forward to meeting some of them there as we have chatted through this discussion forum. I am always up for meeting new people and sharing new experiences. Hope to see you too.
I am sorry the Disney Traditions class was cancelled, as I am a Disney fanatic - it looked interesting. Hope they make no more changes!:worried: Caroline

I may have half a room available too, not sure if my friends are coming or not - always a question of money.

Right now my plan is

Thursday - Album in a day (I'll have to leave home by 6 am for this one, is it worth it?)

Friday

11:10 Fun & Fast Journaling (tentative)
12:30-1:30 Disney Board book
3:10-4:10 Scheming around

Dinner - Y'all know each other - can a stranger come too?

6:00-7:30 Vellum 911 (tentative)

Friday night crop - is anybody going? or will I be dead by then?

Saturday
9:50 - 10:50 6 pages in 60 minutes
12:30 - 1:30 Absolute Organiation

Then, I could either go home and save a night's hotel or stay for the Saturday night crop - is anybody else attending?

Linda you are more than welcome to join us. I only know Lisa, logan&tylersmama, and New England Eeyore in person. Everyone else I know from here. I went all the way to Valley Forge to meet up with a bunch of girls from the DIS that I have never met. I figure dinner would be for all of us together. We had so much fun at Valley Forge, we shut the place down!

I think I am going to rework my classes. I'm so mad that the disney class was canceled.

hey you guys, when we finish sign ups either post here or PM me and I'll make a master list of the classes so we know who will be where.

Then we can decide on dinner and a time and all.

Thursday
7:30 - 8:30 Vacation Memories (I'll just drive in for this one)

Friday
9:50 - 10:50 Latest and Greatest
11:10 - 12:10 Fun and Fast Journalling

lunch

3:10 - 4:10 Scheming Around
7-11:30 crop or dinner with the girls or both??

Saturday
11:10 - 12:10 All over the map
12:30 - 1:30 Absolute Organization
1:50 - 3:50 lifetime Moments

I don't think you are. I have been to 3 CKCs and I love the classes. You seem to have a good number spread out over the 2 days, with a good number of breaks in between.

I was planning to take the Thursday album class last CKC but it didn't work out for me schedule-wise. But I heard good things about it. Never been to the crops, so I can't help you there. I do know that people have said the Saturday night ones are much less crowded - many people have gone home by that point.

I too had circled that Disney class that has disappeared. I'll have to go check and see if any of my others have gone AWOL.

Argh!! I have a love hate relationship with CK. I like the conventions, but they are so disorganized! I printed out the full 42 pages of class descriptions the other night. Just 2 days later there are already a lot of changes from that original list - both dropped classes and changes of time. If they are going to wait until practically the last minute to post the classes, why don't they wait until they have the schedule completely finalized?!?:headache:

For those of you staying over, which hotel would you recommend? Lisa gave me some sound advice on one place, so I am looking closer to the convention center itself. The Crowne Plaza appears to offer a special to scrappers - is it worth it? Thanks.:confused3

The Marriott is closer to the convention center, and my room was like $20 more a night than the convention rate at the Crown Plaza which is several blocks away. Parking costs either way, and I have some mobility issues, so I wanted to be closer.

They changed the schedule?:faint: Drats, and it took me some time to weed out what I wanted to take. Back to looking at the offerings again.

Lovingthemouse, between the two hotels you are looking at, I would recommend going with the Marriott, again the walking factor at night to another hotel away from the convention center. Downtown Hartford is a ghost town on the weekends and after 6:00 pm.

Thanks for the Marriott recommendation - and now back to the ever changing schedule (how maddening is that?). Do you ladies know what time dinner might be, so that i don't schedule any classes too close to the time?
I am considering taking the Mosiac Moments class from 6-7:30 but dinner is more important so that I get to meet some of you!:thumbsup2 Has anyone tried this technique?
Lisa, are we still taking the 3:10 class Scheming Around?. I just noticed they are now offering it on Sat also. Need to make some definite decisions, and I might as well get them done sooner than later.

Agh, off to go check the schedule again.

I'm not sure about dinner. I skipped the 6pm class incase we wanted to eat early, I usually eat around 8. But I'm flexible.

I bought a Mosaic it once, I wasn't fond of it, but my mom liked it. I know not much help huh?

I don't think I will sign up for too many classes. It is me and my goddaughter and my BFF. I'm paying for my goddaughter so it will be double for everything we do. Her #1 choice was Live Laugh Love at 8:30 AM on Friday. We're probably going to the Berlin Fair or the Ren Faire on Saturday so Friday classes are it. yay! commuting from Berlin on a Friday morning!

I'll probably sign us up for a second class after I confer with BFF, we'll see how that turns out tonight.

Lisa, are we still taking the 3:10 class Scheming Around?. I just noticed they are now offering it on Sat also. Need to make some definite decisions, and I might as well get them done sooner than later.

::yes:: We are still taking the class, let me check the latest list of classes to see about a time change but I think we can keep it on Friday especially if we are doing dinner with the group.

I just went through the list. Is there really only one Disney class offered? I'm signed up for it at Valley Forge. I'll need to check what is available for the rest of the Disney Valley Forge classes.

I have to leave the house by 1:10 tomorrow, so if I have any trouble registering, it'll have to wait. Therefore, I'm not getting my hopes up for any specific classes - I've been shut out before if I couldn't register immediately.

These are the ones I am thinking about:
Rusty Pickle Memories Accordian Album on Friday
10 Holiday cards in one hour - Saturday
Absolute Organization - either day
Vellum 911 - either day.

There are several classes that interest me on Friday at 6, but I don't want to miss dinner and there's nothing I have my heart set on. I also don't have a problem eating later if there are many who do want to take evening classes.

Seems that each time I go back and look at the classes- there are either changes, or something else catches my eye. Let me ask - after reading their directions too- if I sign up for a class (es) now, is there any problem if I sign up for another one at a later time? At that later time would I be eligible for the free Fri and Sat vendor passes? Thanks.

Seems that each time I go back and look at the classes- there are either changes, or something else catches my eye. Let me ask - after reading their directions too- if I sign up for a class (es) now, is there any problem if I sign up for another one at a later time? At that later time would I be eligible for the free Fri and Sat vendor passes? Thanks.

Yes, you can add classes later as long as there is still room available. I'm not sure about the free vendor passes. You would of course be eligible if you had 3, but CK's website is so screwy that I wouldn't count on it actually working and they are notorious for not returning emails. If there is one you're not sure of, I'd actually recommend signing up for it now, and then cancelling it later if you change your mind against. There is no penalty for cancelling up to August 31.

As i was just looking through the companies who will be in the vendor fair - i came across this show in Hartford - anyone know about this? It's in July and a rubber stamp/scrapbooking show. I began a new thread asking if anyone was familiar with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter