How hard should this be?

Patsaizan

Earning My Ears
We recently added on at OKW. We are local. Two days prior to the recent incentives my guide called me and I expressed interest in OKW as I heard through the rumor mill the incentives would be great. He promised to send me the price sheet as soon as they became public. I waited 3 weeks, never received the price sheet from him. Not the first time I wanted to add on and he promised to send me info and never did. He has send me other emails over the past year, so he does have the correct email.

We decided to go to the new store front at DS to see if we could get the price sheet. Two associates were busy talking with each other. One barely looked at us as we walked in and murmured “hello.” Their conversation continued while not even looking at us. We gave up and left.

The following week we did the same, went to DS store front and the associate was by herself. No one else in the store. She was on her iPad, with a heavy sigh, looked up and said hello. She leaned on the podium, never smiled. I told her we were interested in adding on at OKW and needed to see the price chart. She never offered to get us to a guide. When we left she said “good luck with that.” She never stood straight, the entire time leaning on her podium and gave us the impression she just wanted us to leave.

We then decided to take a bus to the Riviera. Went to the DVC stand and we were warmly greeted, asked what we needed, and they offered for us to see a guide. We saw the guide and purchased on the spot, paid cash.

This weekend we went over to the Poly to look around. The same associate from the Riviera was there. We passed by and she smiled and said hello. We stopped and chatted for a few seconds. Then we went over to VGF. Passed by the associate who sat at the desk and was on his iPad, never looking up at all. Observed one person go up to him, he looked up, unsmiling, and said “hello,” and immediately went back to his iPad. Never stood up and engaged with the person. The person stood there for a few seconds looking at him, then walked away.

I am just rambling on, but the point is how on earth do they expect to make sales when these associates are all but saying “go away, don’t bother me?”

Guest experiences don't change without doing something about it. Write down all the places and times you visited and explain the situation in a professional manner and send them a letter or email.

Normally, I'd say send to the SVP of DVC Bill Diercksen, but I've read he never bothers to reply. So, you may have better chances with Josh D'Amaro, as he likes to say in interviews he reads all his email and likely has a staff that can help.

Guest experiences don't change without doing something about it. Write down all the places and times you visited and explain the situation in a professional manner and send them a letter or email.

Normally, I'd say send to the SVP of DVC Bill Diercksen, but I've read he never bothers to reply. So, you may have better chances with Josh D'Amaro, as he likes to say in interviews he reads all his email and likely has a staff that can help.
Thank you. This is what I intend to do, just trying to figure out who to send it to. I’ve read the same thing about Bill Dieckersen and my impression is emails never get read if sent to him. Josh D’Amaro is a good one to send the email to. I’ll send it to both of these “C” level people…anyone else you can think of to be CC’d on this? Thanks again.

I'd say Josh D’Amaro is about high as it gets for this issue. I wouldn't CC anybody as it can come off as obnoxious. I would stick to the facts and throw in you are contacting him in order to prevent others from having the same negative experience as you.

Thank you. This is what I intend to do, just trying to figure out who to send it to. I’ve read the same thing about Bill Dieckersen and my impression is emails never get read if sent to him. Josh D’Amaro is a good one to send the email to. I’ll send it to both of these “C” level people…anyone else you can think of to be CC’d on this? Thanks again.
The only thing I will add is that Josh doesn’t have anything to do with selling DVC so not sure that will go anywhere more than sending to Bill…which I would do even if you get no response from him

Id start with just the MS email and ask it be sent to someone in DVD or for an email to someone in that department to get back to you.

The only thing I will add is that Josh doesn’t have anything to do with selling DVC so not sure that will go anywhere more than sending to Bill…which I would do even if you get no response from him

Id start with just the MS email and ask it be sent to someone in DVD or for an email to someone in that department to get back to you.
Good idea! Thanks! I will call MS and find out who to contact and send an email to Bill, too.

We recently added on at OKW. We are local. Two days prior to the recent incentives my guide called me and I expressed interest in OKW as I heard through the rumor mill the incentives would be great. He promised to send me the price sheet as soon as they became public. I waited 3 weeks, never received the price sheet from him. Not the first time I wanted to add on and he promised to send me info and never did. He has send me other emails over the past year, so he does have the correct email.

We decided to go to the new store front at DS to see if we could get the price sheet. Two associates were busy talking with each other. One barely looked at us as we walked in and murmured “hello.” Their conversation continued while not even looking at us. We gave up and left.

The following week we did the same, went to DS store front and the associate was by herself. No one else in the store. She was on her iPad, with a heavy sigh, looked up and said hello. She leaned on the podium, never smiled. I told her we were interested in adding on at OKW and needed to see the price chart. She never offered to get us to a guide. When we left she said “good luck with that.” She never stood straight, the entire time leaning on her podium and gave us the impression she just wanted us to leave.

We then decided to take a bus to the Riviera. Went to the DVC stand and we were warmly greeted, asked what we needed, and they offered for us to see a guide. We saw the guide and purchased on the spot, paid cash.

This weekend we went over to the Poly to look around. The same associate from the Riviera was there. We passed by and she smiled and said hello. We stopped and chatted for a few seconds. Then we went over to VGF. Passed by the associate who sat at the desk and was on his iPad, never looking up at all. Observed one person go up to him, he looked up, unsmiling, and said “hello,” and immediately went back to his iPad. Never stood up and engaged with the person. The person stood there for a few seconds looking at him, then walked away.

I am just rambling on, but the point is how on earth do they expect to make sales when these associates are all but saying “go away, don’t bother me?”
This is making me cringe while reading lol. It shouldn't be that hard at all. I suppose the "bright side" is that it sounds like at least SOME are taking their jobs seriously.

Just chiming in that all the people we interacted with as far as the DVC counter at Riviera were helpful and lovely. Later that trip we briefly spoke with someone at Beach Club's DVC desk who, by comparison, was quite short with us 🤷‍♀️

Please do send that email, speaking as a shareholder, this has to change.

I would send to Josh or even Iger, without any cc's to anyone else because, if you cc others, one will think the other has taken care of it and nothing will get done.

I did send an email to Iger a few years back and he immediately handed it off to an exec team that handles complaints that reach his desk.

Unfortunately, I have noticed too many front line cast members lately that act like this is the last place they want to be, unsmiling, unhelpful, a look of "why is this customer bothering me". As someone occasionally involved in the hiring process during my career, I often wonder how a manager could put such a person in a position where they have to deal with directly with the pubic all day. It makes me question the competency of those hiring managers too.

While none of this is acceptable, are the "associate" roles commission based like the guides are? I'm assuming this has something to do with the motivation.

While none of this is acceptable, are the "associate" roles commission based like the guides are? I'm assuming this has something to do with the motivation.
Yes, they do receive commission but not as much as a guide. The role of the associate is to generate leads for the guide and answer basic questions about DVC. They are to be friendly and converse easily with guests. They work on an hourly pay, plus commission. Commission based on getting people to a guide and those same people buying. It is considered a sales job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter