CKC-Hartford CLASSES ARE UP master list post 1

Interesting, the Marriott is way closer, actually in the same parking lot. I wonder if Creating Keepsakes has a contract with Crown Plaza.
But if I stay over night I will be staying in the Marriott.

I usually take 4-5 classes a day, depending on what peeks my interest. I've never done a crop but will probably do one here if I stay onsite. I only live 45 minutes away so technically I could drive in. I'm not fond of driving into Hartford though.

Is Crown Plaza a Gaylord hotel? I know they've had conventions at those hotels often enough to make me think they have a contract.

Parking in Hartford also costs quite a bit - even if you're in the hotel.

Is Crown Plaza a Gaylord hotel? I know they've had conventions at those hotels often enough to make me think they have a contract.

Parking in Hartford also costs quite a bit - even if you're in the hotel.

Not sure who owns the Crown plaza. I'll have to ask DH when he gets home.

I'll probably have DH drive me in so he can have the car for the day, wether I stay over or not.I don't want to leave him stranded. He can't get all the kids in his car.

Hi guys! I'll be there. My BFF and my goddaughter (DN) will be joining me. DN is in Berlin schools and has the Friday off so I will take her on Friday. We'll wee if she is up to going to a crop that night. I'll probably take her to the CT Ren Faire on Saturday (it doesn't complare to PA or MD, but it is convenient when I am in CT).

As for Crown Plaza, I believe that is the overflow hotel for Valley Forge, so maybe they got a deal with them.

Is the Connecticut Conv Center the Hartford Convention Center or is it a completely new building. I haven't been to ANY convention center in CT since 1995 when I was going to college fairs.

Oooh - on just a quick glance they have some different classes than Manchester did. I might have to go down for at least one day.

Do you know what the situation is with hotels? Manchester's host hotel always fills up well before registration even opens. Hartford's 2 hours away - I wouldn't mind having the option to stay over.

Oooh - on just a quick glance they have some different classes than Manchester did. I might have to go down for at least one day.

Do you know what the situation is with hotels? Manchester's host hotel always fills up well before registration even opens. Hartford's 2 hours away - I wouldn't mind having the option to stay over.

go for the Marriott, it's right next door. I'm going to see if I can use DH's points to book, he has status so they have to give him a room. You can always bunk with me.

Party @ BAMB's room! :-) It's about an hour and a half for me so I think I'm going to just save my $$$ for shopping and drive down.

Oh boy, I saw too many classes I'd like to take. Think my friend and I will be going down early Friday and staying at the Crowne Plaza- less for me to stay there with my Priority Club points. Any suggestions from any of you on classes you might have taken or know about? ::yes::
BTW- is there a get-together in the works for many of us to meet? Perhaps on Fri evening?

My wish list, I may drop 1 or 2, not sure yet.

Thursday
7:30 - 8:30 Vacation Memories (I'll just drive in for this one)

Friday
9:50 - 10:50 Latest and Greatest
11:10 - 12:10 Fun and Fast Journalling

lunch

3:10 - 4:10 All My Children
6-7 Family Memories
7-11:30 crop or dinner with the girls or both??

Saturday
11:10 - 12:10 All over the map
12:30 - 1:30 Absolute Organization
1:50 - 2:50 Disney through the Years

I am there for dinner on Friday!!

There is a Sheraton across the river in East Hartford. You could easily walk across the walkway and get to the convention center. There would be no parking costs at the Sheraton.

Thanks Lisa- did not know about the Sheraton - will have to check but I believe I might have enough Starwood pts for a free night there. I will be there for Friday night dinner for sure!!

Where did you guys find the class schedule? When I went to the web site, I didn't see that.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter