Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

OK - need to pick your brains - i am looking for the CM Disney vacation digi CD which ended last month. Of course, I didn't purchase it in time. My unit leader is sending out some emails, but maybe, just maybe, someone on the thread can help me out.

I know several CMs and I am on their email lists. I didn't get one email notifying me about discontinued digital kits. I received several emails reminding me to order old size pages and protectors (which I did), but I would have bought some of the kits if I had known they were discontinuing them.

I feel like I am the only one who didn't know about this. Was it posted on the CM website? I check there pretty often to download the newest digital freebies, but I don't remember seeing anything about discontinuing products.

Rae

I'm a consultant and I didn't realize the kit was retiring. I knew that some things like the recent 4th of July and now the Trick or Treat ones were available only for a limited time.

I do try to let customers know about stuff, but on the other hand, I don't want to make a pest of myself. I know some people only bought to help a friend with their show sales. I contacted everyone who ever bought anything from me about the 12 x 12 pages because I knew there were people out there w/coversets. Other than that, I've quit contacting anyone except my few regulars.

Not all of the kits are gone - just some of them. It's the content CD, predesigned pages and the Disney Vacation PP that's gone. Here's what's still available - all are Power Palatte Additions:

Cars
Hannah Montanna
Princesses
Mickey
Pooh

When I was there the other day. I didn't buy it because it had the smaller size pages and I make mine in 12x12. If someone wants it let me know. I asked the cm person on the phone the other day when I was looking for the side kick (which I thought I had read was going to be while supplies lasted starting on sept 1st, but they ran out on the first and I missed them. Anyway she said the licence ran out on them. And they have no idea if they are going to renew it or not. Mum

bought a different scrapbook digi program (like a cheep $20 one) just to get the clip art out of it? and did you download it into sb3 then have to cut around the clip art anyway or is it still cut out around the art like it should be? Hoping that came out alright. Mum

Not all of the kits are gone - just some of them. It's the content CD, predesigned pages and the Disney Vacation PP that's gone. Here's what's still available - all are Power Palatte Additions:

Cars
Hannah Montanna
Princesses
Mickey
Pooh

I actually have the Disney CD and all the add-ons except Hannah Montanna. I guess I'm just surprised that Creative Memories and their consultants didn't notify people better. I'm sure they lost some sales by not simply listing the items as 'No longer available after Sept. 1, 2009' or something like that on their website.

Rae

Anyone else excited about the new calender size that CM has released? They made such great Xmas gifts last year.

I used the Templates Jessica made for the calenders and they went together so fast. I planned on doing them again this year...glad I have not started yet.

I like the new calendars but am not sure how they will go together. I even like the templates okay. Will it come out in a 12x18 format or will they be cut in the middle and bound together?

I really want to do this for my daughter for her Christmas present.

Missy

bought a different scrapbook digi program (like a cheep $20 one) just to get the clip art out of it? and did you download it into sb3 then have to cut around the clip art anyway or is it still cut out around the art like it should be? Hoping that came out alright. Mum

That should work. If you can save the stuff as .png files, you shouldn't have to "cut" around them.

I like the new calendars but am not sure how they will go together. I even like the templates okay. Will it come out in a 12x18 format or will they be cut in the middle and bound together?

I really want to do this for my daughter for her Christmas present.

Missy

They have the downloadable templates for the calendars on the Project Center now. I just downloaded them, now I need to go play!

Does anyone want new 8.5x11 calendar templates for this year? I'd be happy to make a few more! I'll be making them for the new calendar sizes for sure! Oh yeah, they'll be on my new, more SBC+ focused blog

That should work. If you can save the stuff as .png files, you shouldn't have to "cut" around them.

They have the downloadable templates for the calendars on the Project Center now. I just downloaded them, now I need to go play!

Does anyone want new 8.5x11 calendar templates for this year? I'd be happy to make a few more! I'll be making them for the new calendar sizes for sure! Oh yeah, they'll be on my new, more SBC+ focused blog

Jessica I love your templates. I need to check your blog I have been so busy lately. I am gonna make time right now.

So is anyone else loving the upgrades to 3.0? I just found the ability to sort photos by order that they were taken! So helpful!

I need to find some inspiration. I've been reloading my "stuff" since my computer had to do some sort of restore. Now, I need to get back to scrapping our June trip.

So is anyone else loving the upgrades to 3.0? I just found the ability to sort photos by order that they were taken! So helpful!

I need to find some inspiration. I've been reloading my "stuff" since my computer had to do some sort of restore. Now, I need to get back to scrapping our June trip.

I am loving it. Have you watched the webinar that teaches you all the new functions. I could not stop playing after I watched it.

So, has anyone done anything with their Content Manager? I want to completely reorganize my kits and put them all together but I can't decide how I want to do it.

Should I organize by size... all 12x12 in one folder, 8x8 in another, with all the kits mixed up?
Or... should I put them together by kit kind... all Jewel together, all Disney together? This would allow me to put all my "harvested" parts in with the kit and maybe make it easier to find.

Or would it?
Does anyone have any ideas? What have you done?

Missy..
ps. I am cross posting this on Scrap Share.

Under commercial, I put my CM packages, by the kit name, alphabetically.

I then have a my stuff folder in which I have sub folders. I have CM Freebies which I put pngs that I have downloaded from CM's website and Digi stuff folder which I put other free paper and embellishments that I have downloaded.

That is how I currently have them also, but it is starting to get out of hand.
I am wondering if I should put all the baby things together and all the power palette stuff together.

I seem to have too much stuff and want it organized.

Missy

I'd think ou could use keywords for things like Baby stuff and each Power Palette. That's how I'm doing it. I keep them in their standard folders, then use keywords to bring up EVERY Primary thing, or every baby thing, KWIM?

I have two copies of SBC3 - one on my laptop and one on my desktop. I was able to use both computers with SBC2 - am I no longer able to use both to access the same "stuff" - storybooks and products - like I used to? I have all my digi scrapping stuff on an EHD. I just got the SBC3 upgrade added to my desktop - so this is my first time trying to access.

CM support shut down 50 minutes ago, so I'm looking for any help you knowledgable gals can give me.

TIA!

Freebie alert! I made a freebie SBC+ template to share on my blog. More to come in the future!

http://jess-scraps.blogspot.com/2009/11/free-cm-templates.html

I'd love to hear suggestions, questions, and comments! I hope to make this a regular feature on my blog! Thanks!

The template is based on this Block Party bash layout (all products in the layout by Britt, of course!)

472615563_hwfsB-M.jpg

455454084_hAVEH-M.jpg

701955065_dwhnC-M.jpg

701955079_3g5Sh-M.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter