The walking dead amc #2

How do you all read this...

“...potentially to return to The Walking Dead, reprising her fan-favorite role as Maggie on a recurring basis should she is able to make a new pact with AMC.”

Is this like on a soap where “recurring basis” means cycling in and out, or some episodes here and there but not nearly close to all??

It's kind of how it is now. There are so many characters and we really don't see them all each week. Sometimes we go weeks without seeing certain characters, then an episode focuses on them, then we don't see them for a few weeks.

Since no one else has mentioned it I must be way off, but my first thought upon seeing wounded Rick at the tree was that everything surrounding Carl's death and the visions of the future was actually the delusions of a dying Rick. Meaning Carl is still alive and Rick is the one who's going to bite it. Is that possible? Yay, nay?

I never doubted they were going to kill Carl but now that he's dead, I'm doubting that they killed Carl. :laughing:

Yeah, one can hope, but I don't think they're going pull another Glen story.

FTWD is suppose to be right when the apocalypse happens, so they are like 2 years ahead of TWD. I've heard they are gong to do a time jump with FTWD to coincide with TWD. What will probably happy is Morgan will leave Rick's group and will stumble upon the FTWD group.

Two years ahead or two years behind TWD? I thought FTWD was pre-TWD :confused3

I think why Carol had issues with Morgan killing Gavin is because she knew Morgan's stance on killing. I think she feels somewhat responsible for dragging him out of the every life is precious stance. It's one thing to kill someone actively trying to kill you or someone you care about, it's another to kill someone who cannot fight back, like in Gavin's case. They had him cornered, he was shot. He also was a lieutenant for Negan, maybe they thought he would be better as a bargaining chip against Negan.

I hear what you're saying, but Morgan's "every life is precious" outlook was a liability. Based on Carol's past actions, I would think she'd WANT to convert Morgan over to a killer. Especially after he's given people passes and its come back to bite them (no pun intended).

Two years ahead or two years behind TWD? I thought FTWD was pre-TWD :confused3
Few things on this...
  • FTWD began at the very start of the apocalypse
  • Not sure how much time has gone by on Fear, since we don't have something like Judith's age to really gauge
  • It's been said that they'll likely fast forward in time on Fear for Morgan to cross over
  • But in true Gimple form, it sounds like they are going to play with time a lot -- see that article linked by @mckennarose yesterday for some of his oblique yapping: http://deadline.com/2018/02/walking...ead-crossovers-scott-m-gimple-amc-1202300361/

That show has been mediocre at best so it may actually be an improvement.
I thought it was actually better last season. And I have little faith that Gimple now being involved will HELP a show. I hope he stumbled upon good show runners (he hired) and that they have autonomy.

My personal feelings -- the time jumping needs to be reigned in, or needs to be done MUCH better. And please, can we end the Negan reign of terror. I know he lasts longer in the comics, but since they aren't following them anymore -- maybe they could wrap this up this season. I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but I'd hate to have to go into another season with him!

BTW, anyone watch Riding with Norman Reedus -- the show with him and Jeffrey was one of the best.

How do you all read this...

“...potentially to return to The Walking Dead, reprising her fan-favorite role as Maggie on a recurring basis should she is able to make a new pact with AMC.”

Is this like on a soap where “recurring basis” means cycling in and out, or some episodes here and there but not nearly close to all??

I have several thoughts on this; first, TWD is a story that follows Rick as the main character. Maggie's character is now firmly rooted in Hilltop and not in Rick's immediate circle in Alexandria anymore. She's still part of the whole TWD universe but her story line is now cycling in and out of Rick's. She has not had much screen time since Glenn died and I think a contract with a recurring role fits with where her character is on the show, and gives Lauren Cohan some freedom to work on other projects on a regular basis (not just a one time thing for a movie).

I also think that firing Chandler Riggs and all the shady circumstances surrounding it sent a message to the actors that 1. they are definitely not following the main character's comic story lines, and 2. everyone is expendable and not above a "shock factor" sudden death if needed.

I think that if Lauren Cohan's pilot gets picked up they will kill off Maggie's character. If it doesn't get picked up I think she will have a recurring role on TWD for a while until they kill off her character or TWD ends, which I don't think is too far off UNLESS some really drastic changes in budgeting, writing and actor's contracts happen. Either way, I'm not too optimistic about Maggie's character on TWD but I'm also not optimistic that her new show will take off and get picked up.

Gimple says in that article that they will play with time in interesting ways on FTWD, so you know they will screw everything up.
I thought it was actually better last season. And I have little faith that Gimple now being involved will HELP a show. I hope he stumbled upon good show runners (he hired) and that they have autonomy.

Yep and Yep.

Gimple....:mad::headache:

What did everyone think?

As to Jadis I felt bad for her and did not feel bad for her. We did get to see why they talked the way they did and lived in a dump, they basically did that to be who they were. I kind of wished Rick would have just let her go with them, but I get why he didn't she did play way too many games and made herself untrustworthy.

As to Rick/Negan, I blame Rick now for the tension, you could see Negan was visibly upset about Carl, I just feel if Rick would have said Carl wanted us to work things out, maybe, just maybe Negan would have agreed. Instead Rick goes on his I'm going to kill you vendetta and Negan is forced to play defense.

I was mad at Rick for being so defensive. I totally get that he HATES Neagan, and Negan killed Glenn and Abe. But, Carl was willing to let it drop. I think that speaks volumes. I wish Rick had somehow worked out a truce. Nobody will win this without lots more loss. Not to say they have to be best friends, but just make a truce to leave each other alone. Negan can go his way and Rick can go his. I guess it wouldn't work though because Rick is aligned with Hilltop and Kingdom. Negan would never let them all go, he needs them all to work for him. Well shoot, maybe Rick is right. LOL!!

It was strange to see Negan so upset about Carl. He really liked him. I keep thinking of that episode where Carl went rogue and tried to kill Negan, and Negan took him under his wing and showed him all around the Saviors home.

I feel that in spite of Carl's drastic 180 and sudden peace keeping mindset, Rick knows that if he surrendered to Negan, Negan would go right back to bringing all the groups under subjugation again. But a lot more people would die as punishment for rebelling in the first place and the demands of the Saviors would be way more severe. Maggie, Rick, Ezekiel and Daryl would have to die. Carl's death did not change the original reason why the groups began fighting Negan and the saviors. And Negan has no intention of living in peace with anyone right now unless it was under his terms in which his role as supreme leader is not disturbed and all the groups continue to serve him. That's hardly living in peace.

I was glad to see Jadis stop talking in that stupid way for a bit. I couldn't stand it! It is too bad she had to not only watch her friends get killed, but then had to dispose of them. That grinder scene was too graphic for me though. I think they could've implied how they died without showing so much gore. I really didn't like the garbage pail kids and not sorry to see their story end. But I don't think Jadis's story is finished.

What does everyone think about the junkyard covering up solar panels and helipad. We know Rick has seen a helicopter. Could we have a Lost situation where there are people living underground pushing a button every 108 minutes lol.

When Simon mentioned the helipad and solar panels I was like "huh"???????? Thinking back to that helicopter that passed over Rick that has not yet been addressed. Couple this with the fact that she had electricity to run the grinder. What was this place and who else is there?

Yes we see all the garbage in distance shots, but is there more to this place? Were they just the guards to a bigger community that we have not met? She has applesauce food rations too. So is this place a fallout shelter with copious rations?

When Simon mentioned the helipad and solar panels I was like "huh"???????? Thinking back to that helicopter that passed over Rick that has not yet been addressed. Couple this with the fact that she had electricity to run the grinder. What was this place and who else is there?

Yes we see all the garbage in distance shots, but is there more to this place? Were they just the guards to a bigger community that we have not met? She has applesauce food rations too. So is this place a fallout shelter with copious rations?

These things were all very curious to me as well. At first when Simon had the whole group killed, my initial thought was "what a waste of a group!". I thought it was wasted potential, especially because I don't think the group was in the comics. But then between solar panels, helicopter thing, food rations, and Jadis still being alive it has left the door open to something more potentially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter