• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The walking dead amc #2

Well, so far we have seen folks eat zombies... either thru eating an infected individual (Bob) or the indirect feeding on pigs who ate Zombies or for example Shiva who also ate Zombies without ill effects. I believe the distinction is that smearing Z-blood on your clothes or even intact skin is not harmful, but that introducing that into an open wound or injury is another. Think about it... you get dirt on yourself all the time, but smearing it into a big gaping wound is another thing entirely.

I feel like that may have been how they were talking about it on Talking Dead (but again, half asleep) - open wound, eyes, etc. I don't think they addressed eating infected tissue...

Gotcha. I have TD recorded so I’ll watch it at some point. Thanks!! :)

HOWEVER... I give that reasoning/rationalization a GIANT EYE ROLL!!!!

So these “infections” are possible and we haven’t seen it in 8 seasons?!?!?! Despite the NUMEROUS times they’ve all been splattered in guts WHILE they had open wounds?!?! REALLY?!?!

If they go that route, this is an official “jumping the shark” moment IMO.

Agree - maybe they needed a way to introduce some type of blind Gabriel storyline, in addition to the catapult attack idea...

I had the show on last night but wasn't paying too much attention to it and I skipped talking dead entirely. I had read the spoilers for it and wasn't too interested in the story line. Sigh..... still waiting for something substantial and BIG to happen.

Not gonna list it here but spoiler sites state what will develop from
Negans idea

if we're on the same spoiler fan site, then I'm assuming you mean the events of episode 8:16? Which, if true, gives me some hope.

I was catching up on a fan site today and someone posted a timeline which shows that the current events on the show are only a little over 4 months since the prison fell! I was trying to figure out why Maggie wasn't looking pregnant yet and it's because it's only about a month since Glenn died. They really are going at a snail's pace.

I call BS on this whole re-writing of zombie “science”. We’ve spent 8 seasons watching these people with open cuts get zombie guts ALL OVER THEMSELVES. Ugh.

I was catching up on a fan site today and someone posted a timeline which shows that the current events on the show are only a little over 4 months since the prison fell! I was trying to figure out why Maggie wasn't looking pregnant yet and it's because it's only about a month since Glenn died. They really are going at a snail's pace.
I had guessed about a month since Glenn died, but 4mos since the prison?!? That seems WAY too short! And wow, does that mean Rick GETS AROUND! :laughing:

Honestly, that timeline would make some of these characters “evolutions” in seasons 7-8 that much more ludicrous.

Well it could work lets say with arrows covered in guts. That would go deep into someone's leg, as opposed to just getting guts on a scratch or cut that may not be so deep. Like the poster above said you can get dirt on a scratch or small cut, but if you get dirt in a deep wound you are probably going to have problems, same theory here.

Also as far as Rick who has obviously had a deep wound to his hand fighting the zombie, there are rumors, just rumors, that Rick is immune and in fact died in the hospital but came back as a person but not a zombie. So that would make sense that Rick can get zombie guts on deep wounds where others cannot.

For the most part they do try to avoid spreading guts on themselves, they only do it for desperation, so they have been consistent with that. Now with Negan shooting weapons at them with guts that will go deep into their skin, you have to assume people will turn from that, but you may also have some that don't depending how strong their immune system is and/or how infected the zombie guts are.

Well it could work lets say with arrows covered in guts. That would go deep into someone's leg, as opposed to just getting guts on a scratch or cut that may not be so deep. Like the poster above said you can get dirt on a scratch or small cut, but if you get dirt in a deep wound you are probably going to have problems, same theory here.

Also as far as Rick who has obviously had a deep wound to his hand fighting the zombie, there are rumors, just rumors, that Rick is immune and in fact died in the hospital but came back as a person but not a zombie. So that would make sense that Rick can get zombie guts on deep wounds where others cannot.

For the most part they do try to avoid spreading guts on themselves, they only do it for desperation, so they have been consistent with that. Now with Negan shooting weapons at them with guts that will go deep into their skin, you have to assume people will turn from that, but you may also have some that don't depending how strong their immune system is and/or how infected the zombie guts are.
Sorry. I’m sticking with my call of BS. Most of this is just too much revisionism. To me. It would appear to be very Gimple though. :)

I had guessed about a month since Glenn died, but 4mos since the prison?!? That seems WAY too short! And wow, does that mean Rick GETS AROUND! :laughing:

Honestly, that timeline would make some of these characters “evolutions” in seasons 7-8 that much more ludicrous.

I guess it could be 4 months if you say each season is a month's worth of time.

Agree - wasn't Judith born at the prison? Sometimes I forget details but that is my recollection. If so, she's a very large and active 4 month old!

And in 4mos, in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, Rick has moved on from Lori, onto married Jessie and now a deep relationship with Michonne. Good for him, I guess! And Judith aged.. how much?

Agree - wasn't Judith born at the prison? Sometimes I forget details but that is my recollection. If so, she's a very large and active 4 month old!
Bingo! Exactly! It’s been a couple of yrs since the prison — that’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

And in 4mos, in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, Rick has moved on from Lori, onto married Jessie and now a deep relationship with Michonne. Good for him, I guess! And Judith aged.. how much?

Oh I totally agree. I was just trying to figure out how they could come up with 4 months, so was thinking maybe they were saying each season was a month's worth of time. They certainly haven't been consistent with the timeline either, aging Judith but Maggie is not showing at all.

Also what did everyone think of Morgan lying to Henry that it was Gavin who killed his brother. I thought it was a nice thing to do so Henry could move on, but we all know the truth will come out.

I kinda feel like we're starting to get somewhere....after a season and a half of nothing. Seemed like Gimple was fixated on giving a middle finger to us viewers and now that he's out, maybe the show will get back on track. Maybe.

I wonder if Father Gabe and/or Eugene will end up back at that place where Dr Carson was shot....to work the radio- a la comic story. I am guessing Gabe will lead Eugene there and then maybe Gabe will bite it. Maybe the redhead chic will take on Rosita's role from comics.

I need to go read the spolier sites to see what the theory is.

Oh, and I too agree that Tara needs to go. She is terrible actress and I have been waiting for her to bite it. Her getting a front and center role right now might be a final middle finger from Gimple as the show people must see all the negative response to her from the fans. Or they might be setting up a big death for her. I hope so.

I have to run out soon, but had to reply quickly, LOL! As Denise Huth said; the entire season 7 covered 19 days! 19!!! :rotfl2::confused3:headache:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/22/the-walking-dead-season-8-premiere-5-things/
"The on-screen timeline of events for season 7 was actually only 19 days according to co-executive producer Denise Huth on the most recent Blu-ray release, and Gimple tells EW that season 8 picks up just a few days after that..."

In the real timeline, Judith is supposed to be about a year old right now.

I have to run out soon, but had to reply quickly, LOL! As Denise Huth said; the entire season 7 covered 19 days! 19!!! :rotfl2::confused3:headache:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/22/the-walking-dead-season-8-premiere-5-things/
"The on-screen timeline of events for season 7 was actually only 19 days according to co-executive producer Denise Huth on the most recent Blu-ray release, and Gimple tells EW that season 8 picks up just a few days after that..."

In the real timeline, Judith is supposed to be about a year old right now.
OH. GOOD. GRIEF. :sad2:

ETA: “leaving neither the characters nor the viewers with much of a chance to catch their collective breath”... ... uh... ... ?!?

The timeline is ridiculous.

The zombie guts on Negan's bat is ridiculous.

The whole thing is just getting ridiculous.

When the Savior guy in Maggie's prison in last night's episode said something like, "When you took whatever-his-name was LAST NIGHT..." I said to my husband, "That was JUST LAST NIGHT?" Are you kidding me?!

Why didn't Negan kill Dwight when Dwight just sort of reappeared w/ the Saviors?

I didn't remember who Henry was, who his brother was, or who killed his brother. Why do I care about Carson? There's no continuity, & I hate the way they're trying to get us to care about all these new characters & doing so little w/ & spending so little time on the characters (& actors) who have grown the show.

I can't stand Tara. When she told Dwight whatever she said about "You can't just change sides & that be okay," I was like, "That's EXACTLY what you did!! You were w/ the governor, & then ended up w/ Glenn who got everyone to accept you!"

The show is losing any sense of anticipation & immediacy... it's just dragging on & on & on. The swamp stuff was like "Wack-a-Mole," &, when Gabe closed his eyes to shoot the walker that was attacking Carson, all I could think was - "Use the force, Luke."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter