• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The walking dead amc #2

These things were all very curious to me as well. At first when Simon had the whole group killed, my initial thought was "what a waste of a group!". I thought it was wasted potential, especially because I don't think the group was in the comics. But then between solar panels, helicopter thing, food rations, and Jadis still being alive it has left the door open to something more potentially.

I think Simon underestimates Jadis. There's got to me more there. He knows that there's something but not sure what. I do think that Simon was wasteful, and has anger management issues. I go back to last season and wonder if he was perhaps overthrown by Negan at one point? If his lack of following Negan's orders has to do with a desire for greater leadership? What ever the reason is, I think his days will be numbered in some manner.

Did we find out why Simon did not kill Jadis? I was switching between WD and the Oscars so I may have missed it. I think there will be something between Negan and Simon. His blatant disregard for Negan shows he has a death wish, or does not care, or is stupid.

I think Jadis smacking him had something to do with it. Most people cower and shiver when Negan or Simon show up, like the wuss from Hilltop-can't remember his name. But Jadis stood right up to him, looked him in the eye and then hit him.

I don't know if there was a specific reason why Simon didn't kill Jadis along with everyone else. Perhaps he figured her followers would do it for him? Although the change in her clothing was interesting. I guess she had a mentality shift at that point. Or perhaps he took her clothes and shoes with him to show his power.

The wuse is named Gregory.

I wasn't crazy about the quick close ups the camera was doing to Rick & Michonne when they got trapped. It seemed so silly & out of place. Then starting each scene with the name of the character. It's these gimmicks that become so annoying right along with cliffhangers & tricks.

As to Rick/Negan, I blame Rick now for the tension, you could see Negan was visibly upset about Carl, I just feel if Rick would have said Carl wanted us to work things out, maybe, just maybe Negan would have agreed. Instead Rick goes on his I'm going to kill you vendetta and Negan is forced to play defense.
There is no "working things out". There is only submitting to how Negan views this new world: one where only he is in charge. This is clear in what he says to Simon and what he tells Rick. Like I mentioned before, I'd love to still be able to watch JDM, I just don't see a tenable co-existence. Someone's gotta' die or move very, very far away. :)

It was strange to see Negan so upset about Carl.
I totally expected it and was looking forward to it -- and JDM did not disappoint. Negan's reaction to Carl's death and the conversation with Rick following it was BY FAR the highlight of the episode for me.

I feel that in spite of Carl's drastic 180 and sudden peace keeping mindset, Rick knows that if he surrendered to Negan, Negan would go right back to bringing all the groups under subjugation again. But a lot more people would die as punishment for rebelling in the first place and the demands of the Saviors would be way more severe. Maggie, Rick, Ezekiel and Daryl would have to die. Carl's death did not change the original reason why the groups began fighting Negan and the saviors. And Negan has no intention of living in peace with anyone right now unless it was under his terms in which his role as supreme leader is not disturbed and all the groups continue to serve him. That's hardly living in peace.

I was glad to see Jadis stop talking in that stupid way for a bit. I couldn't stand it! It is too bad she had to not only watch her friends get killed, but then had to dispose of them. That grinder scene was too graphic for me though. I think they could've implied how they died without showing so much gore. I really didn't like the garbage pail kids and not sorry to see their story end. But I don't think Jadis's story is finished.
I agree with all of this! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Except the gore of that garbage heap walker death situation -- I don't mind that -- I think it serves the story to see the savagery of what this world would mean.

These things were all very curious to me as well. At first when Simon had the whole group killed, my initial thought was "what a waste of a group!". I thought it was wasted potential, especially because I don't think the group was in the comics. But then between solar panels, helicopter thing, food rations, and Jadis still being alive it has left the door open to something more potentially.
I was thinking the same thing... maybe Jadis had some kind of alliance or has made deals with another group that she could join up with... perhaps that factors in here... in the demise of Negan...

Last edited:
I think there will be something between Negan and Simon. His blatant disregard for Negan shows he has a death wish, or does not care, or is stupid.
See, my thought about this was that in the "real world", I think Negan would eventually be brought down by his own lieutenants. He has to have put all manner of strongman and sociopath in leadership roles. With this many losses, I would imagine some of them deciding that maybe Negan isn't the right leader. I could imagine them vying with each other for leadership and eliminating him in the process. Good old fashioned coup.

Now, for this show, especially the way it's going these days, they'll probably give the Negan demise honors to Rick/Maggie. Even though Rick has had numerous shots -- literally -- and hasn't taken them. *insert eye roll here*

I totally expected it and was looking forward to it -- and JDM did not disappoint. Negan's reaction to Carl's death and the conversation with Rick following it was BY FAR the highlight of the episode for me.
Yeah, Negan's reaction was great. It gives us a window into the fact that Negan is a reasonable person - he just sees things his way. It's like many have said before - if this was a show about Negan and the saviors, we'd all see Rick as the crazy enemy. Very interested to see what resolution they can reach here (if any).

This whole episode was like it was from a different show. The whole tone and direction of the show was totally different from the rest of the series. What was with the slates with the character names on them before the scenes? Did we, the viewers, really need it to be spoon fed to us who the scene was about?? It pulled me so out of the show. and characters seeming to be saying and doing things just willy nilly.

This one will not be going on the highlight reel LOL.

This whole episode was like it was from a different show. The whole tone and direction of the show was totally different from the rest of the series. What was with the slates with the character names on them before the scenes? Did we, the viewers, really need it to be spoon fed to us who the scene was about?? It pulled me so out of the show. and characters seeming to be saying and doing things just willy nilly.

This one will not be going on the highlight reel LOL.
Yeah... reminded me of the show The Affair, where they show a name at the start because that portion will be from that character's perspective. EXCEPT... what is interesting there is that they then cover some of the same ground entirely from another character's perspective. This use of those banners seemed useless to me. There are many things on TWD these days that have me shaking my head... :sad2:

I looked away for a minute and missed wha ha happened with Father Gabe.
One less medico to worry about.

It's too bad Carson died. I really liked the interaction between him and Gabe, would have been awesome if Carson grabbing the gun would have worked out for them. The unlikely duo winning the day. I guess they had to kill Carson to make room for Siddiq to be the town medic.

Tara really needs to chill out, she almost got them caught because of her vendetta against Dwight, who is now forced to be with the Saviors because of her.

Not sure how they are going to fight against what Negan has in store with them. How do you prepare against blood and guts being thrown your way. I wish Eugene would stop giving him ideas.

Check out what this writer says about Negan’s little blood and guts plan...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...e-11-recap-20180311-story.html?15208512607301

“The worst of this week’s plot points to roll your eyes at, though, didn’t get introduced till the end, and it was a whopper. Cartoonishly evil bad guy Negan thinks he can use zombie guts to infect his enemies, which any moderately attentive “TWD” watcher knows absolutely cannot work.

So is the show actually going to try to change the rules on us, or is it setting Negan up for a fall?
5. A note about how zombies work, if anybody on the show knows anymore.Negan, like everybody else who’s been living in this post apocalypse, should know by now that zombie blood is clearly not contagious. That’s been proven time and again in spattery battle scenes, and in the by-now traditional strategy of a human coating himself in zombie innards to sneak through an overwhelming crowd of the walkers.

Actually, Negan does know this. The slime strategy was how he and Gabriel escaped from the trailer they were trapped in during the first half of the season, JUST HOURS AGO IN THE SHOW’S TIMELINE. So, literally, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks?

Are we supposed to believe Negan has forgotten this, because he now says a baseball bat dipped in walkers will be deadly? Has the show itself forgotten the rules?”​

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...e-11-recap-20180311-story.html?15208512607301

“The worst of this week’s plot points to roll your eyes at, though, didn’t get introduced till the end, and it was a whopper. Cartoonishly evil bad guy Negan thinks he can use zombie guts to infect his enemies, which any moderately attentive “TWD” watcher knows absolutely cannot work.

So is the show actually going to try to change the rules on us, or is it setting Negan up for a fall?
5. A note about how zombies work, if anybody on the show knows anymore.Negan, like everybody else who’s been living in this post apocalypse, should know by now that zombie blood is clearly not contagious. That’s been proven time and again in spattery battle scenes, and in the by-now traditional strategy of a human coating himself in zombie innards to sneak through an overwhelming crowd of the walkers.

Actually, Negan does know this. The slime strategy was how he and Gabriel escaped from the trailer they were trapped in during the first half of the season, JUST HOURS AGO IN THE SHOW’S TIMELINE. So, literally, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks?

Are we supposed to believe Negan has forgotten this, because he now says a baseball bat dipped in walkers will be deadly? Has the show itself forgotten the rules?”​

I was watching "Talking Dead" (didn't finish it, had to go to sleep!) and they addressed this issue...they circled back to that scene and said that Negan said something to Gabriel about the possibility of getting sick or infections from the guts or something - I don't remember it specifically. Anyway, I believe they indicated that's why Gabriel has the eye infection. I was getting sleepy at that point, but basically they were saying it was a reminder that there could be issues or else they'd be draping themselves in guts all the time. So I don't know if it's an instance of them going back and tweaking the "rules", so to speak...:confused3

Well, so far we have seen folks eat zombies... either thru eating an infected individual (Bob) or the indirect feeding on pigs who ate Zombies or for example Shiva who also ate Zombies without ill effects. I believe the distinction is that smearing Z-blood on your clothes or even intact skin is not harmful, but that introducing that into an open wound or injury is another. Think about it... you get dirt on yourself all the time, but smearing it into a big gaping wound is another thing entirely.

I was watching "Talking Dead" (didn't finish it, had to go to sleep!) and they addressed this issue...they circled back to that scene and said that Negan said something to Gabriel about the possibility of getting sick or infections from the guts or something - I don't remember it specifically. Anyway, I believe they indicated that's why Gabriel has the eye infection. I was getting sleepy at that point, but basically they were saying it was a reminder that there could be issues or else they'd be draping themselves in guts all the time. So I don't know if it's an instance of them going back and tweaking the "rules", so to speak...:confused3
Gotcha. I have TD recorded so I’ll watch it at some point. Thanks!! :)

HOWEVER... I give that reasoning/rationalization a GIANT EYE ROLL!!!!

So these “infections” are possible and we haven’t seen it in 8 seasons?!?!?! Despite the NUMEROUS times they’ve all been splattered in guts WHILE they had open wounds?!?! REALLY?!?!

If they go that route, this is an official “jumping the shark” moment IMO.

Well, so far we have seen folks eat zombies... either thru eating an infected individual (Bob) or the indirect feeding on pigs who ate Zombies or for example Shiva who also ate Zombies without ill effects. I believe the distinction is that smearing Z-blood on your clothes or even intact skin is not harmful, but that introducing that into an open wound or injury is another. Think about it... you get dirt on yourself all the time, but smearing it into a big gaping wound is another thing entirely.
And that hasn’t happened yet?? How many times does Rick have a cut on his face or hands and gets splattered in guts and is fine?? This would be LUDICROUS.

Ugh. I need a “jumping the shark” emoji... anyone ever seen one??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter