The DVC Contemporary Wish Club?

A DVC on the monorail would be wonderful. Can't wait to find out when it will become a reality. :yay: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3: :woohoo:

did anyone ever think that poly would also make a good dvc. it is the 2nd resort, after cont. to be built at wdw. i realize that we will not get 2 dvcs in the mk area but in case cont. does not materialize maybe poly will be a future consideration. they are both on the monorail. actually vwl is in the mk area, just not on the monorail.

in the drawing, how far would you have to walk from the new dvc building to the monorail at the contemporary?

the pass-way (bridge?) connects the new building to the 4th floor of the Cont.

so several feet - less than 1/4 mile.

Polyn would be an excellent choice. One of my all time favorites. but that is the problem - the Polyn generally does not need any help filling its rooms.

the Cont did - until this latest rehab. It is really a great hotel again.

the pass-way (bridge?) connects the new building to the 4th floor of the Cont.

so several feet - less than 1/4 mile.

Maybe they'll put a "people mover" in the pass way. That would be very futuristic? I can't wait, but do need to get my last add on paid off first. This is my dream location.

the Cont did - until this latest rehab. It is really a great hotel again.

I think you're right. I stayed in a rehab'd tower room last May and absolutely LOVED the room!! :love: Even though we just bought a bunch of SSR points last July, we would KILL (ok, maybe not literally KILL!) for a Contemporary DVC. Disney, PLEASE!!!!! :worship:

I have not read the entire thread --but reading the above, it strikes me that it's amazing that one person is able to make such judgements about another person.

You would need to read more of the thread to comprehend that you took this statement out of context, IMO.

Just returned from CR. There are now concrete pipes lined up on the dirt where the North Wing used to be. Construction starting?

Does anyone have pictures of the pipes? The might show the shape of the building that is to be built.

Concrete pipes are used a lot for drainage issues such as flood control, storm runoff, etc.

did anyone ever think that poly would also make a good dvc. it is the 2nd resort, after cont. to be built at wdw. i realize that we will not get 2 dvcs in the mk area but in case cont. does not materialize maybe poly will be a future consideration. they are both on the monorail. actually vwl is in the mk area, just not on the monorail.

That would be the ultimate!:thumbsup2 I'd abandon the CRV Wish Club in a heartbeat! But I just don't see where there'd be any room for it... (and I'm getting too old to wait!)

I just got back as well. On the monorail when we passed the area, my dad asked the driver what they were building there and he said "Vacation Club".!!!!!

Concrete pipes are used a lot for drainage issues such as flood control, storm runoff, etc.

Just got back and saw the construction. Whole area has been bulldozed and leveled and there are about a dozen of what look like 24 inch pipes on the ground. No evidence that they are burying them as yet. They are just stacked next to each other.

No evidence of anyone driving pilings in the ground as yet but we are watching!!!

I just got back as well. On the monorail when we passed the area, my dad asked the driver what they were building there and he said "Vacation Club".!!!!!

We just got back from a week stay at SSR and while there we took our DD on her first Monorail ride. We sat up front and I too asked the driver what the construction by the Contemporary Resort was for and he said it was another Disney Timeshare. When I got back to SSR I stopped in and asked one of the DVC attendants and they told me it was just rumor and that the monorail drivers don't know what they're talking about. Who can we really believe? Hmmm.... :confused3

Not a fabulous picture, but this is what I got on Monday...
DisneyApril2007019.jpg

When I got back to SSR I stopped in and asked one of the DVC attendants and they told me it was just rumor and that the monorail drivers don't know what they're talking about. Who can we really believe? Hmmm.... :confused3

a good sign for a DVC is the north wing is gone.

they are definitely preparing the ground for a bigger building. another good sign.

until Disney announces it - it could be part of the Cont - I really, really doubt it.

although the papers sometimes refer to the building at Cont suites not DVC....

as I say - Disney is seeing what would be the BEST for them. It is a business. If their analysis says that a suite would work and be profitability - then it will be suite. they already know that a DVC would be good choice.

so hoping - worst - DVC shares it with Cont (or MK) suites.

best it is DVC ONLY!!!!

It would not be surprising if it becomes a suite hotel. There is a lot of demand for suites and that is the one thing missing at WDW hotels (absent DVC). Still, I am hoping for a CR DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter