The DVC Contemporary Wish Club?

You can stay at a suite/villa already at one of the DVC resorts via CRO. However, availability is limited. I believe CRO is limited to units that have not been reserved by a certain time by DVC members, although I think its been rumored that some level of rooms are held for CRO off the bat.

Probably best for CR is to build the new building as all suites, with X% reserved specifically for DVC and 100-X% for CRO, with flexibility of shifting in either direction as required.

As far as what is going on there right now, didn't the original permits have to deal with sewage/draining improvements? If so, the pipework is still in line with what the current permits are for, and does not been they are going ahead immediately with any other part of the "project". I hope they will, though.

Also, the names that were mentioned on the permits, etc. represent what the plans were AT THE TIME they were filed. Doesn't mean that the plans didn't change. There are probably some permit records that still talk about things like the Venetian and Persian resorts... :)

Here are pictures from the 12th floor from April 20:

WDW042007004CRV.jpg

WDW042007006CRV.jpg

IMHO and I have nothing to go on but logic. It seems to me to have a grand new structure, next to a big old structure, next to a tiny old structure is not symetric.

Maybe the new DVC will be on the other side of the Contempory??? Then it would be a cool looking building.:teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher:

IMHO and I have nothing to go on but logic. It seems to me to have a grand new structure, next to a big old structure, next to a tiny old structure is not symetric.

Maybe the new DVC will be on the other side of the Contempory??? Then it would be a cool looking building.:teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher:

How much fun do you think Disney has reading all of our speculation?

Anyway, with the recent remodel of the South Garden Wings, I'm not thinking you'll see any change there for awhile. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if after the North Tower is complete and in inventory (or sold if DVC), that the South Garden then comes down in say that 5-7 year timeframe. Maybe they'll do a combination Suite/DVD in the new tower and then the same in the south rebuild if it happens. Great Magic Kingdom views North and great lake views South?

I can't imagine the South Gardenview rooms are in the long range plan with a huge tower on the north side.

Here are pictures from the 12th floor from April 20:

WDW042007004CRV.jpg

WDW042007006CRV.jpg

Great pictures. Exactly what I saw last week but was too slow to get out the camera as the monorail entered the building. WHAT DO YOU SUPPOSED IS HIDDEN UNDER THE BLACK SHEETS IN THE MIDDLE?

IHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPE

We'll be down May 14-18 (and then on to VB). I'll try to get pics then, but it will be a few weeks from now before you see anything - maybe someone will return soon with pics.

it's worth waiting for;) thanks:thumbsup2 enjoy your trip!

so what is under the black tarp?

electrical perhaps or drainage?

Just got back from SSR and asked 2 different guides about the construction at the Contemporary.

I prefaced my question with the fact that I was already a member who owned at SSR and AKV.

Both guides had the same 'company' answer that a decision has not been finalized. Apparently the two separate companies (DVC and Disney Resorts) are in negotiations. The result could be one of three things - DVC, suites, or a combination of both.

My gut feeling is that they don't want to announce anything until they sell a certain percentage of AKV.

None of this may be new, just wanted to pass along the 'company line' we were given this past week.

Sounds about right. I mentioned to a guide today that I was already a member and was waiting to see what happened at the CR. She said that was "foolish" wanting me to buy into AKV or SSR (we're at BWV). I wasn't quite sure how to respond.

Just got back from SSR and asked 2 different guides about the construction at the Contemporary.

I prefaced my question with the fact that I was already a member who owned at SSR and AKV.

Both guides had the same 'company' answer that a decision has not been finalized. Apparently the two separate companies (DVC and Disney Resorts) are in negotiations. The result could be one of three things - DVC, suites, or a combination of both.
My gut feeling is that they don't want to announce anything until they sell a certain percentage of AKV.

None of this may be new, just wanted to pass along the 'company line' we were given this past week.

I posted this a little over a year ago when DVC at CR was a strong rumor:

From this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1131031

06-21-2006, 04:24 AM

Maybe the North wing at the CR will become DVC but then again maybe they have other plans such as converting 2 rooms and making more suite rooms.
The master area could have a King bed and a larger bathroom with a whirlpool tub and the other room could be a basic standard room.

It seems a lot of families like the idea of having a separate room for the children but since Disney cannot always guarantee connecting rooms they would rather book a suite.

The mod resorts have jr. suites at CSR and the value resorts have the family suites at the All Stars so new suites at the CR could be the option for a deluxe resort.

Just my 2 cents.

At the time I just could not see Disney giving up that prime piece of real estate for a DVC. I feel (and felt ) that lakefront piece of land that was within walking distane to the KM was (and is ) one of the most valuable pieces of land within WDW at the present time.

I am so hoping I was wrong about the Suites and that a DVC will be built there.

I think that is the hold up. the ground now look ready to start pouring the concrete.

so what the problem - the higher up's are still deciding.

It might be both.

I can't see it all being just CR suites.

especially with the plans - they are definitely describing a 3-bedroom GV.

at this time I don't think any WDW resort has a 3-bedroom suites - designed to be a 3-bedroom suite complete with a kitchen.

I have never wanted to be in a GV - but these will be at the top of the building - there will be several of them.... can you image during Wishes.

but I can understand some of the board fighting this. the CR was the first WDW resort and really the first Disney resort. (the ones around DL were owned by others then)

so here is hoping!!!

At the time I just could not see Disney giving up that prime piece of real estate for a DVC. I feel (and felt ) that lakefront piece of land that was within walking distane to the KM was (and is ) one of the most valuable pieces of land within WDW at the present time.

I am so hoping I was wrong about the Suites and that a DVC will be built there.

Suites wouldn’t be part of the best kept secret. Timeshares, not suites are the hot ticket in FL for the last 8 years. Disney was giving away (upgrades) DVC rooms a while ago. I don’t think they need more rentals. During low points in our economy, DVC members will always go to WDW and spend money.

AKV looks like a great DVC addition. But once Disney starts promoting CRV with its amenities and artist renderings:

· Nightly views of MK castle and fireworks
· Swimming pool over looking the lake
· Monorail access via a catwalk
· Walking path to MK
· Boat rentals with lake activities

It will have an impact on AKV sales. I look forward staying at AKV, but I’ll probably add on at CRV. For the members who don’t like the rumored design, I would reserve judgment until you see the final concept. Disney isn’t going to build a big concrete structure and bank on it’s location. I’ll also bet CRV will have the highest rack rates of any DVC resort.

...But once Disney starts promoting CRV with its amenities and artist renderings:

· Nightly views of MK castle and fireworks
· Swimming pool over looking the lake
· Monorail access via a catwalk
· Walking path to MK
· Boat rentals with lake activities

Disney isn’t going to build a big concrete structure and bank on it’s location.

Unless they are targeting conventioneers and their families?

With all due respect, the Contemporary to me is one big convention hotel...and not appealing from and esthetic standpoint.

Unless they are targeting conventioneers and their families?

With all due respect, the Contemporary to me is one big convention hotel...and not appealing from and esthetic standpoint.

I don’t think Disney would build a new structure to compete with the old structure.

I don’t think Disney would build a new structure to compete with the old structure.

It's just one resort...multiple buildings...not competing, just targted to different needs.

Whether the new building is DVC or family suites...it's just one big resort that looks like a convention hotel straight from the 70s.

It's just one resort...multiple buildings...not competing, just targted to different needs.

Whether the new building is DVC or family suites...it's just one big resort that looks like a convention hotel straight from the 70s.

I think Disney would have remodeled, not demolished if it wanted to target the CR crowd.

As far as the theme, I agree. The only thing attractive about the CR is it’s location. It has the lowest rack rates on the monorail line. I don’t see Disney expanding on the low rack rates or an outdated design. A new resort would be a separate entity with a blank slate for a new design. The monorail access,shopping and restaurants would be the only benefit the CR would offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter