A few questions in regards to sending my son and his girlfriend to Disneyland without me

Sith

Through victory, my chains are broken...
My son will be turning 20 next month, and as a gift I would like to send him and his girlfriend to Disneyland. He has been many times with me, and she has never been before. I want to buy them 2 day park hoppers along with one night at the Disneyland Hotel. I have some questions:

1) If I buy the park hoppers and make the hotel reservation on my account, is there a way that I can transfer everything to his account? He doesn't actually have his own account yet, but he will. Or, would it just be easier to leave everything on my account and give him the password?

2) Are magicbands necessary? Can he just use his phone for lightning lane etc? We've been to WDW a few times and they play a bigger role there. But, are they necessary at Disneyland yet?

I guess those are my only questions at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#1 - nope but he can link the reservation to his account.
#2 - nope, phone or even the key card (to open the door) will work.

And don’t keep the room key next to your phone (demagnetizes it or something). 🙄 Reliable room entry was actually a pain in the neck! No fun trudging back to the front desk after a long day in the parks!

#1 - nope but he can link the reservation to his account.
#2 - nope, phone or even the key card (to open the door) will work.
So, if I purchase the parkhoppers with the hotel reservation, then all he has to do is link reservation to his account and everything including their parkhoppers will be linked?

So, if I purchase the parkhoppers with the hotel reservation, then all he has to do is link reservation to his account and everything including their parkhoppers will be linked?

As long as you are listed as friends / family under the Disneyland app.

Personally though, I would just have him create his own disneyland account and make the reservation on his account

And don’t keep the room key next to your phone (demagnetizes it or something). 🙄 Reliable room entry was actually a pain in the neck! No fun trudging back to the front desk after a long day in the parks!
Yes, we had one demagnetize, luckily we both had a room key and the other still worked. Room entry is quite reliable, but only with a key! We gave up on using the phones, as 95% of the time they didn’t work.

As long as you are listed as friends / family under the Disneyland app.

Personally though, I would just have him create his own disneyland account and make the reservation on his account
I agree that making the reservation on his account would be the safest bet, but I was trying to make it a surprise. Oh well, I may just spoil the surprise if it makes planning easier.

What a wonderful gift!

I like using the magic band at Disneyland, it's so much easier than getting my phone out every time. Plus it makes a fun souvenir.

We rarely got our door to open using the phone. I always get physical room keys at the desk now. As someone else mentioned, it's a pain having to go down to the lobby every time your digital key won't work.

I'm pretty sure if you list your son as the primary guest on the reservation he'll be fine checking in, etc. (You could call DLH to make sure.)

Yes, we had one demagnetize, luckily we both had a room key and the other still worked. Room entry is quite reliable, but only with a key! We gave up on using the phones, as 95% of the time they didn’t work.
Yeah, I used phone to unlock room during our stay at Port Orleans French Quarter last June. I remember using the magic bands to open our rooms at WDW in the past, but this time they weren't working for some reason. The phone worked, but it was a bit of a pain.

I'll just tell him to ask for a physical room key at the desk.

Well, I called to ask questions and just ended up making the reservations over the phone. It was very easy. My son and his girlfriend are the guests on the reservation, so all he has to do is link reservation number to his account and they will be able to check in and access their parkhoppers. The cast member I spoke to was very helpful. She even walked me through the process of linking the reservation, so I will be able to show my son how to do it.

Well, I called to ask questions and just ended up making the reservations over the phone. It was very easy. My son and his girlfriend are the guests on the reservation, so all he has to do is link reservation number to his account and they will be able to check in and access their parkhoppers. The cast member I spoke to was very helpful. She even walked me through the process of linking the reservation, so I will be able to show my son how to do it.
I'm glad you were able to get it all set up. They'll have a great time!

That's great that the CM helped you find a way to make the reservations accessible to your son while keeping the surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter