The DVC Contemporary Wish Club?

The monorail access,shopping and restaurants would be the only benefit the CR would offer.

no - you can walk to the MK!!!

both BWV and BCV use the walking to EPcot.

so walking to MK is a BIG deal. MK was the first park for many years it was the ONLY park.

IT IS A BIG DEAL.

you are using old facts - the new rehab has been a big hit and it is popular. First time since the 70's - but it is popular again.

now someone else mentioned that the convention center attached to the CR need work badly. I don't know. that would require more money from Disney.

no - you can walk to the MK!!!

both BWV and BCV use the walking to EPcot.

so walking to MK is a BIG deal. MK was the first park for many years it was the ONLY park.

IT IS A BIG DEAL.

you are using old facts - the new rehab has been a big hit and it is popular. First time since the 70's - but it is popular again.

now someone else mentioned that the convention center attached to the CR need work badly. I don't know. that would require more money from Disney.

Did this increase in popularity take place before or after the wing demo?? Have the rates increased? I visit the CR every trip and it doesn’t look popular. The pools empty and the waterfront appears vacant.

DVC seems to be breathing life into tired locations…Disney Institute, Animal Kingdom Lodge and maybe the next the Contemporary.

I've heard two different rumors about Contemp...
1. It's always booked and the occupancy is high
2. Disney is diappointed in the occupancy

What is true is that the tower does have problems. It has plumbing and electrical issues. The building also did not set the way it was designed to set.
And the hotel does not seem to be sold out all that often. It seems they are relying on their conference rooms and those guests to keep the hotel afloat.

I think the South Garden Wing will also be going away soon. It looks terrible...it looks worse than a dorm and Disney does not appear to be keeping it up. So I do expect them to tear that down as well within a year or two.

Did this increase in popularity take place before or after the wing demo?? Have the rates increased? I visit the CR every trip and it doesn’t look popular. The pools empty and the waterfront appears vacant.

before the wings went down. Once people saw the new rehab rooms - it became popular again. very popular. Now some people don't like the new rooms - the sinks aren't deep enough.

It has been sold out often this year. I don't think the rates have gotten up awhole lot. It is now more expensive than WL - which it should. but yea I know those years - you could stay in CR for less than the WL.

I think most of the people who love CR also seem to love the MK. with it right there - it is just that hard not to go to MK. Less CR guests are there for the resort. Hoping if it is a DVC resort, that will change at least a little.

CR also gave up alot of its shopping. Which is one of the few things that people went to it to do. I know part of downstairs will be a restuarant - but this is a BIG, BIG area. they have taken out both the arcade and food court. So I don't know what the rest will be.

before the wings went down. Once people saw the new rehab rooms - it became popular again. very popular. Now some people don't like the new rooms - the sinks aren't deep enough.

It has been sold out often this year. I don't think the rates have gotten up awhole lot. It is now more expensive than WL - which it should. but yea I know those years - you could stay in CR for less than the WL.

I think most of the people who love CR also seem to love the MK. with it right there - it is just that hard not to go to MK. Less CR guests are there for the resort. Hoping if it is a DVC resort, that will change at least a little.

CR also gave up alot of its shopping. Which is one of the few things that people went to it to do. I know part of downstairs will be a restuarant - but this is a BIG, BIG area. they have taken out both the arcade and food court. So I don't know what the rest will be.

I was wow'ed by the sink:thumbsup2 , luv how it looked & drained...good for hand-washing out items;) , although i didn't think it was what they had in mind during the design process. The combo closets/night light were a nice touch; along with the set up for the tv (reminded me of a fireplace/mantle for some reason). I'm usually not a fan of contemporary stylings, thought this was very chic and comfy.

As for shopping, we've at the point where even my 14 year old doesn't buy a souvie unless a pin catches his eye. Unless they add an arrabis, i could care less.

I’m really not a CR fan but I think the location would be great for a DVC resort. CR does have a lot of unused space, which could be used by DVC for room models and DVC events. I think DVC would inject a whole new atmosphere into the CR that would provide finances to convert the unused areas into shops, restaurants and other attractions.

We will buy the first day a CRV starts sales....

CR has always been a sentimental favorite for us, it was our first onsite hotel stay and we love the atrium, monorail, Chef Mickey's...

I doubt it will hurt AKV sales since that's not nearly as large a resort as SSR. Also, they will have to wait until the building is nearly done to begin sales since it can't easily be done in phases like past developments.

Thanks to whoever creates these signature images and is it ok to use them?

We would probably not buy any points, but we'd love to stay there! The CR was the first WDW resort I've ever stayed at (and many times thereafter), and it holds a very special place in my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter