SDV Orlando 2010, August 27 - 29

Yes, Danica is a good kid, I often forget her age. Lou is going to be slighted when he finds out you forgot to mention him! (she and I met up in NH and in FL)

Kelli, did I miss it, did you tell us from what part of the country you are from. North, east, south, west? As you can see I live in CT, as does BAMB and dblwright who will all be at the next SDV. I'm 29, though my license will tell you different. ;) :lmao::lmao: I too am a government employee, over 17 years. Often go down to the DC area on business, and few other areas so I try to meet up with other DIS members if they are in that area. I thought I was going to FL last Feb, Rebecca and I were planning on meeting up but with the change of the administration, that national meeting was cancelled. Drats, maybe another time.

Jen, I thought you just celebrated your big 3-0 birthday. Wow, you certainly are fit and fabulous. I did not realize you were 40.

Rebecca, you are a speed demon when you are scrapping. Not only did you do all those pages, but you coordinated all those make and takes!

Kelli, do you know where your son will be doing his basic training? Bless him knowing he wants to serve his country. :thumbsup2

Hope you & your mom have fun at F & W Fest. Me and DH are going to our first one in Oct, can't wait!

DH and I are actually going this week for his birthday and will be there for the opening of the F&W- we both really love it. I hope you enjoy it too.

Rebecca

Yes, Danica is a good kid, I often forget her age. Lou is going to be slighted when he finds out you forgot to mention him! (she and I met up in NH and in FL)

:scared1: Oh my!! I can't believe I forgot about him!!! (Don't tell him!!! :lmao:)

I also have a wonderful DBF, Lou, who is 19 and a recent Disney-addict!

We went for a trip in August (and that's why he's recently a Disney Addict), and that was our second time going together, although first on our own. Our first trip that we met up, our families actually planned trips at the same time, before we started going out. When we did start going out, we were talking about the summer, and discovered we were going at the same time. How weird?

So I skipped out on my sister's birthday to hang out with his family. She (and my mother) never let me live that down..... :rolleyes1

Alright, I think I'm done.. Lisa, did I forget anything else? :rotfl2:

I'll introduce myself too! I'm Stephanie and I also live in Florida, but I'm up in the panhandle so not as close to WDW as I would like to be! This will be my first SDV and my first time meeting anyone from the Dis (unless I meet someone between now and then!). I'm 47 and have been married for 20 years. My DH and I had our honeymoon at WDW. I've got one DS who is 16 and 2 kitties.

That is so exciting about your future son/daughter. Do you have a information on your new child yet, or is the adoption still in the beginning stages? Congratulations!!

We're just starting. We were on a waiting list for a domestic adoption for over a year, but it just wasn't working out. We always wanted to adopt from Nepal and it all came together this year - they reopened to international adoption and we meet the criteria. I've been working on our international Home Study and Dossier to be submitted to Nepal in January 2010. It's a mountain of paperwork but will all be worth it!

Jen, I thought you just celebrated your big 3-0 birthday. Wow, you certainly are fit and fabulous. I did not realize you were 40.

Now that is very nice to hear :cool1: you made my day!

DH and I are actually going this week for his birthday and will be there for the opening of the F&W- we both really love it. I hope you enjoy it too.

Rebecca

My DH's birthday is next week and we were going to go on his birthday and get the gift card (since we have Passes) but he wants to wait and go to the F&W Festival in October, maybe stay over, and make it an anniversary trip.

We LOVE the F&W Festival! I don't make Disney albums anymore since we go so much. If I even take any pictures I just put them in our yearly book, but I made a specific F&W scrapbook a couple years ago. It's so much fun, and well, I love to eat!

I'll introduce myself too! I'm Stephanie and I also live in Florida, but I'm up in the panhandle so not as close to WDW as I would like to be! This will be my first SDV and my first time meeting anyone from the Dis (unless I meet someone between now and then!). I'm 47 and have been married for 20 years. My DH and I had our honeymoon at WDW. I've got one DS who is 16 and 2 kitties.

Stephanie and I are going to be roomies :goodvibes That's cool that you honeymooned in Disney! We spent a few nights at WL after our wedding, but our families and friends were still in Disney, so it wasn't so much of a quiet, romantic, alone honeymoon time. We did go on an official honeymoon cruise. Not a Disney cruise, though, but we'll do that one once our child is old enough to enjoy it.

And yes, ZtoH is a baby ;) I met her for the first time when she stopped by SDV this year and what a nice girl. So glad you'll join us next year!

I really hope Buffy's feeling better :flower3:

Kelli, did I miss it, did you tell us from what part of the country you are from. North, east, south, west? As you can see I live in CT, as does BAMB and dblwright who will all be at the next SDV. I'm 29, though my license will tell you different. ;) :lmao::lmao: I too am a government employee, over 17 years. Often go down to the DC area on business, and few other areas so I try to meet up with other DIS members if they are in that area. I thought I was going to FL last Feb, Rebecca and I were planning on meeting up but with the change of the administration, that national meeting was cancelled. Drats, maybe another time.

Rebecca, you are a speed demon when you are scrapping. Not only did you do all those pages, but you coordinated all those make and takes!

Kelli, do you know where your son will be doing his basic training? Bless him knowing he wants to serve his country. :thumbsup2

Hi Lisa! I'm from Missouri (or should I say Misery?!) I've been working for the government for just about the same amount of time as you, most of it in law enforcement...isn't it nice when you hit the 8 hrs leave per pay period? :banana: Are you in NSPS? What a pain! I might be doing some training around the DC area (around Ft. Belvoir) next year.

LOL, you'll have to tell me how to get one of those 29-and-holding driver's license! I gotta get me one of those! :rotfl:

My son is going to be doing his basic training, and MP training at Fort Leonard Wood. I have mixed emotions about it, it's going to be hard to have him so close, but not able to see/talk to him. We figured it would be that way though, because Ft. Leonard Wood is home of the Military Police school. Thank you for the kind words, I'll pass them along to him!

Oh my!! I can't believe I forgot about him!!! (Don't tell him!!! )

I also have a wonderful DBF, Lou, who is 19 and a recent Disney-addict!

We went for a trip in August (and that's why he's recently a Disney Addict), and that was our second time going together, although first on our own. Our first trip that we met up, our families actually planned trips at the same time, before we started going out. When we did start going out, we were talking about the summer, and discovered we were going at the same time. How weird?

So I skipped out on my sister's birthday to hang out with his family. She (and my mother) never let me live that down.....

Alright, I think I'm done.. Lisa, did I forget anything else?

Isn't it fun introducing new people to Disney?! It's nice that both your families are "Disney People". I talked DH (then DBF) into going the year before we got engaged. It was so much more than he thought it would be, and he was so impressed with the different things to do, and the wonderful restaurants. He's not quite at the "addict" stage, but there's hope for him yet! :wizard:

Hi Stephanie! We will be Newbies together! Everyone here is so welcoming, I know it's going to be fun. Our boys around the same age. Is your's a junior in high school too?

Rebecca

Fun!! Do you guys have any special dinner ressies, or playing it by ear at the F & W Fest? I can't wait to taste all the new food!

I'm Ann. I'm also a federal (law enforcement) employee (almost 17 years now and yes, those 8 hours of leave per pay period are sweet!) and live in Norman, Oklahoma. I also converted my hubby to Disney on our honeymoon 13+ years ago at the WL. We are parents to two spoiled cats, Marius and Cosette, named after the couple in Les Miserables.

I've been a CTMH consultant for about eight years, but am just doing it as a hobbiest now to make more time for my own projects. Besides scrapbooking and stamping, I enjoy genealogy, cross stitch, playing the piano and alto sax, and planning WDW trips! Our next one is in December for all the special Christmas activities and my 46th (EEK!) birthday! I'm very involved at my church and with the OU Alumni Band, which has been a great way for me to keep in touch with my college buddies.

I had a great time at my first SDV but I was sick most of the time. Hopefully, I'll have better luck next year. Everyone I met from the DIS group was wonderful, and Lisa and MomE have converted me into a UConn women's basketball fan (as long as they aren't playing my Sooners).

I'm looking forward to SDV 2010 and all the fun planning between now and then!

Lisa, did I forget anything else? :rotfl2:

I don't think we caught your major. ;) :)

Hi Lisa! I'm from Missouri (or should I say Misery?!) I've been working for the government for just about the same amount of time as you, most of it in law enforcement...isn't it nice when you hit the 8 hrs leave per pay period? :banana: Are you in NSPS? What a pain! I might be doing some training around the DC area (around Ft. Belvoir) next year.

My DH's father was from Missurah. In fact this past summer we did have a conference in Kansas City which I opted out of. It was at the same hotel that collapsed back in 1980 where my DH's aunt and her husband died.

And yes, love the eight hours of AL. and no, not NSPS.

I'm Ann. I'm also a federal (law enforcement) employee (almost 17 years now and yes, those 8 hours of leave per pay period are sweet!) and live in Norman, Oklahoma. I also converted my hubby to Disney on our honeymoon 13+ years ago at the WL. We are parents to two spoiled cats, Marius and Cosette, named after the couple in Les Miserables.

I've been a CTMH consultant for about eight years, but am just doing it as a hobbiest now to make more time for my own projects. Besides scrapbooking and stamping, I enjoy genealogy, cross stitch, playing the piano and alto sax, and planning WDW trips! Our next one is in December for all the special Christmas activities and my 46th (EEK!) birthday! I'm very involved at my church and with the OU Alumni Band, which has been a great way for me to keep in touch with my college buddies.

I had a great time at my first SDV but I was sick most of the time. Hopefully, I'll have better luck next year. Everyone I met from the DIS group was wonderful, and Lisa and MomE have converted me into a UConn women's basketball fan (as long as they aren't playing my Sooners).

MinnieAnn, I did not know you are a CTMH consultant, nor did I realize you were a Fed, nor did I know you are into genealogy. I know of a regional genealogy conference coming in March to MA. It is free to register, and I realize that it is too far for you, but if you register, you can get the ematerials of all the sessions given, you don't have to attend. When the registration call comes out I will let you know. I'll have to remember to post it on the genealogy thread we have over at the FUN of It forum. MomK and I went two years ago, I thought it was really good.

MomE and I stand true, if our UConn girls can't win, then we want the OK girls to win!!! Besides, we love Stacy Hansmeyer. If the finals come down to the two teams though, sorry, all gloves off.:rolleyes1

This is turning into a very informational thread. Thanks, Kelli, for bringing that about.

I don't think we caught your major. ;) :)

:rolleyes1

I am a Psychology/History double major, with a minor in Government, and possibly another minor if I have time for it, which I think I will. Otherwise I may graduate in three years instead of four (I'm just that cool :lmao:).

More like that cool and THAT SMART!!!! :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

I am a Psychology/History double major, with a minor in Government, and possibly another minor if I have time for it, which I think I will. Otherwise I may graduate in three years instead of four (I'm just that cool :lmao:).

The BEST part of all is that she is on a full-four-year free ride Honors Program scholarship - worth about $120K! No student loans (at least for undergrad) for her -- or her poor, impoverished parents who simply must spend all their extra money on scrapbook supplies :wave2: -- to pay back!

Yes, she's mine (!) and I'll post a short bio later -

WOW, it's weird how we have so much in common....profession-wise anyway! :goodvibes I don't know what CTMH is? Sorry to hear you were sick last year.

I'm so envious of you guys that get to go to WDW around Christmas, I'm dying to see all the decorations and lights....*sigh*...maybe next year! I hope you and hubby have a great visit for your birthday!

My DH's father was from Missurah. In fact this past summer we did have a conference in Kansas City which I opted out of. It was at the same hotel that collapsed back in 1980 where my DH's aunt and her husband died.

And yes, love the eight hours of AL. and no, not NSPS.

KC is a fun place to visit, St. Louis is closer to us, so that's our stomping ground when we want a little culture! That is so sad about DH's aunt and uncle. :sad1:

I am a Psychology/History double major, with a minor in Government, and possibly another minor if I have time for it, which I think I will. Otherwise I may graduate in three years instead of four (I'm just that cool ).

Wow, that is great Dancia! I know your parents have to be so proud! Psych/History/Gov?! You should always be employeed considering all the psycho government people in the history! :laughing:

The BEST part of all is that she is on a full-four-year free ride Honors Program scholarship - worth about $120K! No student loans (at least for undergrad) for her -- or her poor, impoverished parents who simply must spend all their extra money on scrapbook supplies -- to pay back!

Yes, she's mine (!) and I'll post a short bio later -

That is WONDERFUL!! Doesn't it feel good to have such a great kid?!

I just wanted to thank all you guys for sharing, it's nice getting to know you and find some of the things we have in common...from snoring husbands :headache: to professions, to hobbies, to places we live (BTW Lisa, did I mention I used to live in CT too? I lived in Madison, and worked up at Groton for 3 years 98-01.) Really miss the New England falls! I have a sister that lives in Laconia, NH, which is a wonderful place to go leaf-peeping! And as strange as it sounds Anne, I also lived in Midwest City, OK (84-87), so we were practically neighbors too! I had a good friend I worked with that lived in Norman. Her name was Donnita Dagg, it's a small world, maybe you knew her?

Well, I need to put in my ear plugs and go snuggle up with Hubby for the night...it's going to be a long day at work tomorrow. We are being inspected, and it's a pain in the patootie! wish me luck!

You'all have a great night!

Kel

Alright, I just got yelled at by my roomie that I have not introduced myself yet. So I figured I better do it before I get beat up! :lmao:

My name is Diana. I have been married 8 years. I have a dd who will be 3 end of next month and a ds who is 16 months. And my first baby, Tucker, he is an Australian Cattle Dog.

I work as a computer consultant on a Helpdesk. When people break their puters, I try and help them to fix them.

I have lived in CT all my life (I am 37). Until I was like 32 I had lived in the same square 1/2 mile my whole life, pathetic, I know. I was so excited when I moved one town over. I felt like such a hell raiser! :rotfl:

I go to Lisa's crops because they are like 10 minutes from my house. I had met her on the disboards a few years ago. Went to a crop she was a part of, not hosting. Those people at that time were way CM natzis and I could not take it so I never went back. :rolleyes1 Went to CK Hartford and noticed a bunch of noisy women in the Disney class and one had this really pretty paper. Now I never ask people anything, I am normally a very quiet person. I decided to ask this woman where she got her paper and she told me and I left the class. A few minutes later I get tackled by this woman and she asked me if I was Diana and she said she was Lisa where I used to scrapbook! :eek: I have been going to her crops ever since and she even lets me go out and play with her once in while too! :flower3::hug:

Going to Disney in December with my mom and aunt and kids. And can't wait for SDV next year. Which reminds me, I need to go do my deposit right now. I almost forgot. :scared1:

There Lisa, now you can't beat me up! :cool2:

OK, I'll be next!

I'm Marylee and I am a member of the cradle robber club.:laughing:
I passed the 5.0. milestone a few years ago. My snoring hubby is 49. We've been married for 6 1/2 years and are an Eharmony success story. Before Texas, I lived in Atlanta GA & West Palm Beach FL.
The kiddos are DS16 (lives with us), DD17 (doesn't live with us), and 2 four legged princesses princess:princess: (a white/yellow lab & a black lab/border collie mix) who are both 4 years old.
DH is an IT Director and is the administrative pastor of our church.

My DH was introduced to Disney (by me!) before we married. He needed to know what he was REALLY getting into! :lmao: He fell in love with the atmosphere of Wilderness Lodge.
Good thing - since that's where I bought into DVC when single. He likes it so much that we have a room of furniture from the lodge in our home in Texas ... and we're S-L-O-W-L-Y
redoing our home to be mission/lodge like. If you see a carved totem pole, let me know! :rotfl2:

My working outside the home is as an independent contractor (merchandising and mystery shopping.) I did work full time before marriage, but DH & I agreed that it would be better that I be
at home after school for his then 11 & 12 year old kiddos. No complaining from me! :rotfl:

The 2009 SDV was my second. And I am SO looking forward to 2010!!! :woohoo:

And to give credit where it's due, it was MinnieAnn that did the layout for our Make & Take at the SDV! :thumbsup2

(BTW Lisa, did I mention I used to live in CT too? I lived in Madison, and worked up at Groton for 3 years 98-01.)

Kelli, I worked in Groton in 2000! At the subase. The fall foliage is starting. I love the fall and the change of leaves. We know Laconia, last week was the race. I feel for your sister with all that traffic.

Alright, I just got yelled at by my roomie that I have not introduced myself yet. So I figured I better do it before I get beat up! :lmao:

My name is Diana. I have been married 8 years. I have a dd who will be 3 end of next month and a ds who is 16 months. And my first baby, Tucker, he is an Australian Cattle Dog.

I work as a computer consultant on a Helpdesk. When people break their puters, I try and help them to fix them.

I have lived in CT all my life (I am 37). Until I was like 32 I had lived in the same square 1/2 mile my whole life, pathetic, I know. I was so excited when I moved one town over. I felt like such a hell raiser! :rotfl:

I go to Lisa's crops because they are like 10 minutes from my house. I had met her on the disboards a few years ago. Went to a crop she was a part of, not hosting. Those people at that time were way CM natzis and I could not take it so I never went back. :rolleyes1 Went to CK Hartford and noticed a bunch of noisy women in the Disney class and one had this really pretty paper. Now I never ask people anything, I am normally a very quiet person. I decided to ask this woman where she got her paper and she told me and I left the class. A few minutes later I get tackled by this woman and she asked me if I was Diana and she said she was Lisa where I used to scrapbook! :eek: I have been going to her crops ever since and she even lets me go out and play with her once in while too! :flower3::hug:

Going to Disney in December with my mom and aunt and kids. And can't wait for SDV next year. Which reminds me, I need to go do my deposit right now. I almost forgot. :scared1:

There Lisa, now you can't beat me up! :cool2:

About time you showed up!!! How could I beat you up?:confused3 I be an :littleangel: and be my peep. And I can't believe that is the only reason you go to the crops. Here I thought it was my pleasing personality. :lmao::lmao:

Hey, Danica.....:thumbsup2

When Disney did a furniture refurb several years ago - it was on Ebay!
It was sold by the room and individual pieces.

So we're kinda at WL even when at home! :dance3:

Marylee pixiedust:

That's so cool that you got the furniture! We wanted to do that too, since we were married on Sunrise Terrace and spent the first few nights of our honeymoon at WL, but we didn't have room in our house. We love WL! Even if we don't stay at WL we visit Sunrise Terrace whenever we're at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter