SDV Orlando 2010, August 27 - 29

Hi all!!

count me in on the list of those going next year! I'll be there for breakfast too - I have never had breakfast at 'Ohana so I'm looking forward to that!

I live in Mass with my DH of 14 years (well our Anniversary is in 2 weeks!) and our twin DS who are 10. Our furry children are a black cocker spaniel who is just about 14 and a 6 month old springer spaniel puppy!

We are Disney addicts! We used to visit Disney 2 to 3 times a year, but now that the boys are older and my husband is a teacher we can't go during the school year. Now we are limited to the 2 weeks in August that we go down. We own DVC and my part time job is a travel agent that specializes in Disney because I just can't talk about it enough!

My first SDV was in 2004 - the year of Hurricane Charley! I have gone every year since. The crazy thing is that Orlando is the only SDV I have made it to and the New England SDV is held in Burlington, MA which is only about 45 minutes from my house!

I have been sitting with the Groovy Chicks for years at the SDV and the past 2 years I have been getting to know the DIS ladies. They are a fabulous group that I am thrilled to get to know! :hug:

Can't wait for August 2010!!! :banana:

About time you showed up!!! How could I beat you up?:confused3 I be an :littleangel: and be my peep. And I can't believe that is the only reason you go to the crops. Here I thought it was my pleasing personality. :lmao::lmao:

Ok, let me state it here. Lisa is one of the nicest people I have ever met. So kind, helpful, good friend. I could go on and on. For those who have not met Lisa, she is just a wonderful person. I am proud and honored to be her friend! :worship:;):thumbsup2:flower3:

Yay, finely home so I can play!! This inspection is killing me!

Alright, I just got yelled at by my roomie that I have not introduced myself yet. So I figured I better do it before I get beat up!

My name is Diana. I have been married 8 years. I have a dd who will be 3 end of next month and a ds who is 16 months. And my first baby, Tucker, he is an Australian Cattle Dog.

I work as a computer consultant on a Helpdesk. When people break their puters, I try and help them to fix them.

I have lived in CT all my life (I am 37). Until I was like 32 I had lived in the same square 1/2 mile my whole life, pathetic, I know. I was so excited when I moved one town over. I felt like such a hell raiser!

I go to Lisa's crops because they are like 10 minutes from my house. I had met her on the disboards a few years ago. Went to a crop she was a part of, not hosting. Those people at that time were way CM natzis and I could not take it so I never went back. Went to CK Hartford and noticed a bunch of noisy women in the Disney class and one had this really pretty paper. Now I never ask people anything, I am normally a very quiet person. I decided to ask this woman where she got her paper and she told me and I left the class. A few minutes later I get tackled by this woman and she asked me if I was Diana and she said she was Lisa where I used to scrapbook! I have been going to her crops ever since and she even lets me go out and play with her once in while too!

Going to Disney in December with my mom and aunt and kids. And can't wait for SDV next year. Which reminds me, I need to go do my deposit right now. I almost forgot.

There Lisa, now you can't beat me up!

Hi Diane! I think it's so nice that you'all live so close together. Thanks for the deposit reminder, I forgot today was payday...it's been that busy! You mean, I joined the noisey bunch and a hell raiser!? :rotfl: Oh goody, I'm gonna be at the cool table! :cool2:

I'm Marylee and I am a member of the cradle robber club.
I passed the 5.0. milestone a few years ago. My snoring hubby is 49. We've been married for 6 1/2 years and are an Eharmony success story. Before Texas, I lived in Atlanta GA & West Palm Beach FL.

I love to hear internet sucess love stories! I met DH on Yahoo! personals. It's so hard to meet people if you aren't the bar-hopping type. Welcome to the cradle-robbing snoring husband club! :goodvibes I bet mystery shopping is fun!

Kelli, I worked in Groton in 2000! At the subase. The fall foliage is starting. I love the fall and the change of leaves. We know Laconia, last week was the race. I feel for your sister with all that traffic.

That is too funny! I worked for NCIS (back when nobody knew what it stood for!) at Groton in 2000! I always got choked up when the subs would come up the river with the guys standing on top with the flag waving. Yeah, my sister complains every year about the traffic during bike week.

Hi all!!

count me in on the list of those going next year! I'll be there for breakfast too - I have never had breakfast at 'Ohana so I'm looking forward to that!

I live in Mass with my DH of 14 years (well our Anniversary is in 2 weeks!) and our twin DS who are 10. Our furry children are a black cocker spaniel who is just about 14 and a 6 month old springer spaniel puppy!

We are Disney addicts! We used to visit Disney 2 to 3 times a year, but now that the boys are older and my husband is a teacher we can't go during the school year. Now we are limited to the 2 weeks in August that we go down. We own DVC and my part time job is a travel agent that specializes in Disney because I just can't talk about it enough!

My first SDV was in 2004 - the year of Hurricane Charley! I have gone every year since. The crazy thing is that Orlando is the only SDV I have made it to and the New England SDV is held in Burlington, MA which is only about 45 minutes from my house!

I have been sitting with the Groovy Chicks for years at the SDV and the past 2 years I have been getting to know the DIS ladies. They are a fabulous group that I am thrilled to get to know!

Can't wait for August 2010!!!

Hi! I can't wait for breakfast at Ohanas either! I love dinner there and have to go every visit. Will you be sitting with Groovy Chicks this year, or joining the Dis Divas? I can't wait to meet everyone in person! :yay:

OK my turn. Y'all better know I love you because my head is pounding but I'm posting!!!

OK, I am Buffy, BernardandMissBianca, BAMB, and I will sometimes respond to hey you. Oh and I'm also known as Sherlock here too but that's a story for another time. We are known in these parts as the Blinks because we live in Blink and ya Miss it, CT.
I am 35 and I have been married to DH for 16 years. We met at, drum roll please............... The enlisted men's club in Groton (he was stationed there)!!!!! super duper small world huh. We have 4 monsters, I mean angels, 3 boys 13, almost 9 and almost 8 and Princess Blink, she is 3 going on 16.
My first SDV was 2005. momK went with me and I've been hooked ever since. Dh went with me in 2006 but it's been me and mom ever since. It's kind of my thank you for watching my kids and what not (she lives next door).

I met Lisa through Kristy who I met on the DIS, not realizing we live 2 towns over. I went to the CM nazi's crops as well til she gave me a hard time about my tearing rulers. :rolleyes: I met Diana when she starting coming to crops again, and the rest of the girls from here.

and to answer you question about Renee, she sits with the Groovy Chicks but we sit next to them so we all basically have our own corner of the room. The Groovy Chicks are a blast!

Renee, I will get you on the list now!

334 days!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

OK my turn. Y'all better know I love you because my head is pounding but I'm posting!!!

OK, I am Buffy, BernardandMissBianca, BAMB, and I will sometimes respond to hey you. Oh and I'm also known as Sherlock here too but that's a story for another time. We are known in these parts as the Blinks because we live in Blink and ya Miss it, CT.
I am 35 and I have been married to DH for 16 years. We met at, drum roll please............... The enlisted men's club in Groton (he was stationed there)!!!!! super duper small world huh. We have 4 monsters, I mean angels, 3 boys 13, almost 9 and almost 8 and Princess Blink, she is 3 going on 16.
My first SDV was 2005. momK went with me and I've been hooked ever since. Dh went with me in 2006 but it's been me and mom ever since. It's kind of my thank you for watching my kids and what not (she lives next door).

I met Lisa through Kristy who I met on the DIS, not realizing we live 2 towns over. I went to the CM nazi's crops as well til she gave me a hard time about my tearing rulers. :rolleyes: I met Diana when she starting coming to crops again, and the rest of the girls from here.

and to answer you question about Renee, she sits with the Groovy Chicks but we sit next to them so we all basically have our own corner of the room. The Groovy Chicks are a blast!

Renee, I will get you on the list now!

334 days!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well Buffy. :guilty: Wow, you have more alias' than most the people I see in my office. :laughing: You're going to have to share the Sherlock story! Your family sounds lovely, it must be so nice having your mom next door too. Mine lives in Michigan, so I'm lucky to see her once a year.

I'm really looking forward to the trip in August, I have a feeling it's going to be the first of many. :)

I really hope you feel better soon Buffy.

Kel

Hi everyone,
:) I can't wait to be a vendor again next year for the SDV event. I'm so bummed that it's a day shorter though. Anyway, I'm starting to do more and more events. If anyone knows of any scrapbook retreats, please let me know. I can't seem to find much out there!
We just got back last week from Disney. I went up on Monday with my 5 year old princess, Angelina. Then on Tuesday, my in-laws, my husband and my 10 month old came up to join us for the Not So Scary Halloween party. It was my baby girl's first trip. She had fun, but we didn't get to go to a character meal though. My husband is pretty cheap and my husband's father is the king of cheap. So that's why we didn't go. Anyway, when we got back, I had to get ready for a weekend retreat from October 2 - 4th in Deerfield Beach. It was great. I'm so addicted to these things :) So please if you hear of anything, LET ME KNOW :)

I got this email from Nancy today. Get your registration in. It read:

October 7, 2009

Hello!

How would you like to win an "SDV Bonus Benefit" to make your next Scrapper's Dream Vacation (SDV)® weekend scrapbook retreat experience even better than ever!!!

What is an "SDV Bonus Benefit"??

The "SDV Bonus Benefit" is sponsored by Dream Events, Inc.® and is intended to reward selected Scrapper's Dream Vacation (SDV)® participants (Attendees & Vendors) and website members with some extra special perks. It is our way of saying "Thank You" for your support of the programs that are so near and dear to our hearts - the Scrapper's Dream Vacation (SDV)® weekend scrapbook retreats.

What can YOU win??

Place an early registration request for any one or more of the following future SDV weekend scrapbook retreats by Midnight on November 1, 2009 (minimum deposit requirements paid) and become eligible to win one of the following fabulous prizes complimentary of Dream Events, Inc.®

Free SDV Weekend. (We will pay for the SDV package that you are registered for)
Free Class of your choice
Free 40 minute massage
Free 20 minute massage
Free 40 minute reflexology
Free 20 minute reflexology
$25 on-site shopping certificate or Dream Dollars
$50 on-site shopping certificate or Dream Dollars
Free SDV Water Bottle
Free SDV Diva T-Shirt
Extra Table Space for Crop Seating
Free Vendor Space - (10' x 10') (Vendor Participants Only!!)

How to Win an "SDV Bonus Benefit"??

Here is how you can win an "SDV Bonus Benefit" for this round of prizes.

ALL Scrapper's Dream Vacation (SDV)® weekend scrapbook retreat attendees holding an approved registration (minimum deposit requirements paid) for any of the following programs at midnight on Sunday, November 1, 2009 will be eligible for the Tuesday, November 10, 2009 drawing.

Myrtle Beach, SC / October 23-25, 2009 - Registration Open Now!!

Newport News, VA / November 6-8, 2009 - Registration Open Now!!

Long Branch, NJ / February 26-28, 2010 - Registration Open Now!!

Long Branch, NJ / March 5-7, 2010 - Registration Open Now!!

Camp Hill, PA / March 12-14, 2010 - Registration Open Now!!

Kingsport, TN / April 9-11, 2010 - Registration Open Now!!

Newport News, VA / June 4-6, 2010 - Registration Coming Soon!!!

Durham, NC / June 25-27, 2010 - Registration Open Now!!

Burlington, MA / July 16-18, 2010 - Registration Coming Soon!!!

Erlanger, KY / July 23-25, 2010 - Registration Coming Soon!!!

Orlando, FL - Walt Disney World Resorts / August 27-29, 2010 - Registration Open Now!!

NOTE: Newport News, VA (Summer), Burlington, MA & Erlanger, KY SDV attendee registration process will be opening the week of 10/12/09!!

Online registrations must be received by 11:59 ET November 01, 2009 and mail-in registration submissions must be postmarked by October 31, 2009, to be eligible

Probably not. At least we get once chance though. :thumbsup2

Hey DIVA's....I can't believe I stumbled upon this thread....

I love to scrapbook and I absolutely love WDW :lovestruc

I wanted to go to the 2009 SDV after seeing it online, but everyone I mentioned it to laughed at me saying I could just scrap at home or at a local crop and save myself the aggravation. But to me it sounded like a dream-come-true.

See, I've only started scrapping about a year ago. My oldest child is turning 9 soon, and i wasn't sure where to start. The beginning? Impossible! Too much stuff! I'd surely never catch up! The most recent, and work my way backwards? Not that realistic with 3 kids....just too much material! So, I decided it would be vacations. I would start with our vacations. Believe it or not, Disney is the only place we've ever gone as a family. 5 times, plus 2 cruises. So, I still had my work cut out for me.

Unfortunately I don't get as much time to crop as I would like. So far I've only gotten 1 vacation done. the trips come along faster than the completed books do, but I'm still having fun :goodvibes

It's good to know that you all seem to have so much fun at the SDV event. There is just something magical to me about the idea of scrapping my Disney trips in Disney!! I really would love to attend this event. I will have to see if I can get DH onboard with the idea since we just bought into DVC this week :woohoo:

Maybe I should wait a week or two before bringing it up :laughing:
Anyway, thanks for "listening" to my story and I sure hope to meet you guys next August!! Is anyone looking for a roommate at this point?? I need to really look at the price differences for the local package & the one with lodging. Maybe I'll stay on points at Bay Lake Towers since that is our home resort.

Hey there nu2dvc! Welcome and we would love to have you- I know I really need to look at a room for 3 or 4 to afford going this year myself- not all the rooming is taken care of yet.

The local packages aren't bad if you are going home but as a DVC owner I can't justify spending the points along with the money- but then I live here in FL so I can use up my points each year easily. They are not that far off the price of staying at the hotel (of course without a roomie I might think about it).

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, the prices aren't too far off I see. I guess it would depend on the roomie factor. I know eating up a weekend's worth of Points wouldn't be fun :scared1:

I actually plan on avoiding Fri & Sat stays on points b/c of the premium they force on you to for weekend stays. Figured I'd do split stays and cough up the cash for weekends.

I think 3 to a room at Contemporary would be perfect cause then everyone could have their own bed....

but I think I'd be happy to sleep on the floor if it meant that I could do this event!

I read over the '09 thread so I could see the pix and it looks like the Disney Diva's had a great time.

I will stay tuned around here to see how the plans shape up and if anyone is looking for a roomie :goodvibes And unlike all your husbands, I don't snore!! :laughing:

And unlike all your husbands, I don't snore!! :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Let's just say out of kindness I will be considering bringing earplugs for my roomies next year.

nu2dvc, it's wonderful for you to join us on the SDV thread, hopefully you can join us at the crop. It is sooo much fun. :thumbsup2

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, the prices aren't too far off I see. I guess it would depend on the roomie factor. I know eating up a weekend's worth of Points wouldn't be fun :scared1:

I actually plan on avoiding Fri & Sat stays on points b/c of the premium they force on you to for weekend stays. Figured I'd do split stays and cough up the cash for weekends.

I think 3 to a room at Contemporary would be perfect cause then everyone could have their own bed....

but I think I'd be happy to sleep on the floor if it meant that I could do this event!

I read over the '09 thread so I could see the pix and it looks like the Disney Diva's had a great time.

I will stay tuned around here to see how the plans shape up and if anyone is looking for a roomie :goodvibes And unlike all your husbands, I don't snore!! :laughing:

Welcome!! You are going to love it here, everyone is so warm and welcoming!I'm new this year too, and also have a problem finding time to scrap (I digi-scrap)! I'm really looking forward to the event next year, it's going to actually force me to sit my butt down and do what I love to do, instead of finding a ba-zillion things around the house that need to get done instead!

I'm with you about the points being too much for the weekends. I think, personally, I would save the points for your next family vacation. We just bought 85 points at WLV, and 75 points at BWV (BWV was a small re-sale contract, and that enabled us to buy a small WLV contract from Disney). I'd like to extend my stay for a couple of days (Sun & Mon) and try BLT. I'm dying to see the fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge!

Hope to see you in August!! :yay:

I know it's OT, but I'm so excited and had to share!! Christmas came early at my house, and sweet, wonderful, hubby bought me a new laptop!! :yay: He got me a Dell 17" Studio, and I LOVE it!! Now I can start scrapping again without the horrible lines on my screen. (I accidently ran over my last laptop with my car :headache: .)

Can't wait to start looking for new backgrounds and embellishments to scrap our first MNSSHP!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter