SDV Orlando 2010, August 27 - 29

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Some people could hear the Hoop-De-Doo from their room..

Oops, I meant to comment about this too...I thought if you chose to book through SDV, and didn't book your own lodging, that it would be at the Contemporary? Does this mean that we might be booked anywhere from Pop to the Contemporary? :confused3

Thanks Lisa!! The more I read about the event, the more excited I get!! :banana: Sorry to hear about the suitcase malfunction! Guess the hot pink duct tape came in handy, eh? :goodvibes

I'll have to be on the lookout for the cup holders!! I'm already trying to think of ways to make my workspace "user friendly", though I won't have as much things to spread out besides my mouse and bamboo writing pad. But I want my space to be purdy too! :rotfl:

If you don't have too much and you don't gripe about your neighbors moving into the bits of space you are not working in then you'll just be a popular neighbor.

Seriously- we do tend to move into each others space a bit as we are working depending on what we are working on. I think Buffy was wanting us to have some table decor for the middle this year though- like a big sign. One of the groups had cute little flags for each member- it had their name (board name type I believe) on one side and the group name on the other.

Rebecca

Oops, I meant to comment about this too...I thought if you chose to book through SDV, and didn't book your own lodging, that it would be at the Contemporary? Does this mean that we might be booked anywhere from Pop to the Contemporary? :confused3

No everyone was at the Contemporary- Lisa, Buffy, MomE, and Mom K got the furthest room from anywhere possible- they were across the canal from the Wilderness Lodge- the joke was that even though they were at the Contemporary if they had a path across getting things at the Wilderness Lodge would be closer than the Contemporary lobby.

Last year at the Yacht Club- I was in that spot as far to the far side of the building from the convention center as I could be. This year though Jennifer and I got lucky and were in a tower room. Some people even had tower rooms with an MK view- of course in the tower you get woken up at 7am by Chef Mickey's.

Rebecca

If you don't have too much and you don't gripe about your neighbors moving into the bits of space you are not working in then you'll just be a popular neighbor.

LOL *Humming Mr. Roger's Neighborhood* Would you be my? Could you be my? Won't you be my neighbor? :lmao: Now everybody's gonna like me because of my prime property!

No everyone was at the Contemporary- Lisa, Buffy, MomE, and Mom K got the furthest room from anywhere possible- they were across the canal from the Wilderness Lodge- the joke was that even though they were at the Contemporary if they had a path across getting things at the Wilderness Lodge would be closer than the Contemporary lobby.

Last year at the Yacht Club- I was in that spot as far to the far side of the building from the convention center as I could be. This year though Jennifer and I got lucky and were in a tower room. Some people even had tower rooms with an MK view- of course in the tower you get woken up at 7am by Chef Mickey's.

Rebecca

Thanks for clearing that up Rebecca! Guess it's just the luck of the draw how close you are. I wouldn't mind being by Chef Mickey's...I already sleep with earplugs because DH snores like a freight train! :headache:

Two of our ladies used their DVC points for lodging and booked the crop separately. That would be the only reason why someone would be at a different resort. ZtH and her beau happened to be there at the same time so she came to visit us for a bit. :)

Oh, I meant to ask too....does the Dis Diva's have a facebook page, or is the main communication through the Disboards? I love the Disboards, just want to make sure i'm not missing out on anything!

I think I'm done asking questions for the day! ;) Thanks for all your patience!

Our main communication is here at the DIS boards. Some of us live near each other so we see each other on occasion.:)

By the way, I love your countdown banner.

Lisa,

I talked to AuntB on Friday and we got the ok to use the points for the days before SDV. I :lovestruc my aunt! We can book 11 months before at our home resort (Beach Club Villas) or 7 months before at any other resort. We are going to have to talk about this on Saturday. Ie: what resort, how many people (for how big a room). So exciting! :woohoo:

(Had to add :banana: because K is sitting with me and wanted it) ;):lmao:

Our main communication is here at the DIS boards. Some of us live near each other so we see each other on occasion.:)

By the way, I love your countdown banner.

Thanks Lisa! Actually, i''m knocking around the idea of booking at Bay Lake Towers Sunday night, just to see what the Top of the World Lounge hoopla is all about. :goodvibes We just bought a few points at the Boardwalk, so we can spend long weekends there during F & W Fest.

It must be nice having Dis friends nearby!

Hey, just wanted to let y'all know the room is seriously spinning still. I am feeling really crappy and very weird so I think I will be gone for the rest of the week. I have not felt this bad in years! So talk amongst yourselves I'll be back when I'm feeling better.
All you pros out there take care of my newest peep! Kelly, you are in good hands so don't worry about anything!

shoot Lisa or myself a PM if you need anything. She lives close by so we chat often.

Hey, just wanted to let y'all know the room is seriously spinning still. I am feeling really crappy and very weird so I think I will be gone for the rest of the week. I have not felt this bad in years! So talk amongst yourselves I'll be back when I'm feeling better.
All you pros out there take care of my newest peep! Kelly, you are in good hands so don't worry about anything!

shoot Lisa or myself a PM if you need anything. She lives close by so we chat often.

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well Buffy :sick: I hope you get better soon. Thanks again for all the assistance :flower3:. The people here are great! :yay:

Now I need to find a banner that marks the end of deer season. My DH is peeking over my shoulder and asked about it. :rolleyes:

I'd love to get to know some of you better, before we meet in Aug. I know most of you have already met...would you mind sharing a little about yourself? I can start...

My name is Kelly...I just had my big 5.0. birthday in July (and boy was it hard!). I live with my wonderful Hubby Gregg (46, yeah, I'm a cradle robber!)We got married at the Shades of Green last May and are still on our Honeymoon :hug:

I work as a Criminal Intelligence Analysis for a federal law enforcement agency and Gregg does contract work, and works part-time with the local Sheriff's department. We have my two boys living with us...Jakey (DS-17), and Jon (DS-19), who will be joining the Army in February.

Oh, can't forget Max, my furry son who never talks back, and always wags his tail when I get home! :goodvibes Makes me wish all my sons were yellow labs! :yay:

..I already sleep with earplugs because DH snores like a freight train! :headache:

:rotfl2: me too! Except last night his snoring was SO loud the earplugs did no good and I had to <politely> ask him to roll over a couple of times.

I think Lisa answered all of your specific questions. I brought cookies to share, and will probably do that again (now that I know MomE's favorite kind!). We were all pleasantly surprised by sweet gifts and treats from some of the other girls! I loved our little DIS break-out sessions! The only breaks from scrapping I took, other than eating and sleeping, were to unpack once our room was ready, change into jammies for Saturday night (love to crop in comfort), and I went to the gym on Saturday. For such a nice resort the gym could be better. The ceiling is so low that I swore if I went on too much of an incline on the treadmill my head would have hit the ceiling!
We live pretty close to Disney and go often so I didn't take time to go to the parks until DH got there Sunday afternoon. We stayed over and went to MK and EPCOT. Like Lisa said, you'll be surprised how quickly your time in the crop room flies by.

For introductions . . . I'm Jennifer (or Jen) and married my wonderful DH at Wilderness Lodge in 2005. This past August my odometer turned the big 4-0 and I am loving it! I tell everyone I'm 40, Fit, and Fabulous! I think it helps that I still get carded for beer at the grocery store :goodvibes I robbed the cradle a bit too; DH will be 36 next week. We are in the process of adopting a child from Nepal. It is a looooooong process and the DIS Divas have been incredibly supportive :grouphug:

I am Rebecca, I also live in Fl so I don't generally go to the parks during the scrap weekend- I just scrapped- that is how I finished as many pages as I did - well over 100.

My husband and I married in NC in 1999- we celebrated our 10th Anniversary with an amazing trip to the Grand Floridian this past June (it was so much cheaper than in July- our actual anniversary).

I taught 3rd grade until 2 years ago when we moved to a new area of Florida for my husband to start pastoring a church. I love being a pastor's wife although I am ready to find a little something more to do I think- of course since I felt that way I haven't had any time to try- I am driving a friend in the congregation around a bit this week- I head to Disney for a couple of days on Wednesday night- Dh has classes on Friday and Saturday. Next week my mom is coming up and we are heading to Disney for the food and wine festival Tuesday through Thursday. So when I have time I might look into something but right now I feel like I barely have time to keep up with my swap commitments.

Rebecca

I was a vendor here!!! Hope you all had fun! I know I did and I will definitely be there every year from now on!
Gina
Gina's Treasure Chest

Welcome to our little happy family, Gina! Looking forward to seeing you
again in August 2010! :cheer2:

Marylee pixiedust:

Hello! I'm Danica, and I'm from Massachusetts...... I'm the youngest of everyone, and am thus a "Musette" and not a Diva... ;)

I don't have much else to say.. I'm a student, and live with my family, including PinballFamily, my mom. That's about it. :)

:rotfl2: me too! Except last night his snoring was SO loud the earplugs did no good and I had to <politely> ask him to roll over a couple of times.

I think Lisa answered all of your specific questions. I brought cookies to share, and will probably do that again (now that I know MomE's favorite kind!). We were all pleasantly surprised by sweet gifts and treats from some of the other girls! I loved our little DIS break-out sessions! The only breaks from scrapping I took, other than eating and sleeping, were to unpack once our room was ready, change into jammies for Saturday night (love to crop in comfort), and I went to the gym on Saturday. For such a nice resort the gym could be better. The ceiling is so low that I swore if I went on too much of an incline on the treadmill my head would have hit the ceiling!
We live pretty close to Disney and go often so I didn't take time to go to the parks until DH got there Sunday afternoon. We stayed over and went to MK and EPCOT. Like Lisa said, you'll be surprised how quickly your time in the crop room flies by.

For introductions . . . I'm Jennifer (or Jen) and married my wonderful DH at Wilderness Lodge in 2005. This past August my odometer turned the big 4-0 and I am loving it! I tell everyone I'm 40, Fit, and Fabulous! I think it helps that I still get carded for beer at the grocery store :goodvibes I robbed the cradle a bit too; DH will be 36 next week. We are in the process of adopting a child from Nepal. It is a looooooong process and the DIS Divas have been incredibly supportive :grouphug:

Nice to meet you Jen! Yay, a fellow Dis Bride! :bride: Ug, I can definitely sympathize about DH's snoring!! My boys are always laughing because they can hear Gregg all the way into the living room. Sometimes making him roll helps....not as good as putting a pillow over his head though. :rotfl2: Just kidding!

I'm going to have to start thinking about what goodies to contribute :rolleyes: I know it's months & months away, but I love planning things.

Must be nice being carded at 40 (and fabulous!)! :woohoo: That is so exciting about your future son/daughter. Do you have a information on your new child yet, or is the adoption still in the beginning stages? Congratulations!!

I am Rebecca, I also live in Fl so I don't generally go to the parks during the scrap weekend- I just scrapped- that is how I finished as many pages as I did - well over 100.

My husband and I married in NC in 1999- we celebrated our 10th Anniversary with an amazing trip to the Grand Floridian this past June (it was so much cheaper than in July- our actual anniversary).

I taught 3rd grade until 2 years ago when we moved to a new area of Florida for my husband to start pastoring a church. I love being a pastor's wife although I am ready to find a little something more to do I think- of course since I felt that way I haven't had any time to try- I am driving a friend in the congregation around a bit this week- I head to Disney for a couple of days on Wednesday night- Dh has classes on Friday and Saturday. Next week my mom is coming up and we are heading to Disney for the food and wine festival Tuesday through Thursday. So when I have time I might look into something but right now I feel like I barely have time to keep up with my swap commitments.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca! Over 100 pages!! WOW! :yay: Congrats on your 10 year anniversary. I don't think there's any place better than Disney to celebrate anything. My sister is married to a Baptist minister in Michigan, and she really enjoys being a pastor's wife too. It's nice that you help out with the ministry by helping member's of the congregation. :goodvibes Hope you & your mom have fun at F & W Fest. Me and DH are going to our first one in Oct, can't wait!

Hello! I'm Danica, and I'm from Massachusetts...... I'm the youngest of everyone, and am thus a "Musette" and not a Diva...

I don't have much else to say.. I'm a student, and live with my family, including PinballFamily, my mom. That's about it.

Hi Dancia! Love that name! What do you mean, you are a student, and that's about it? ;) You are a Diva-in-Training!

Thanks you guys for responding and letting me get to know you some. You've made me feel really welcome, and I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter