• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SDV Orlando 2010, August 27 - 29

I most likely will be as I pretty much have gone digi. I do traditional only sometimes now. Typically I work on paper albums at SDV to give to teachers, para, etc at my daughters school. It is a great project to do there and I get it done before the holiday crazies.

Check out our thread from this years SDV, I posted (well New England Eeyore helped) a layout I did from pictures taken this year.

I ran into an absentee DIS scrapper today at our little pharmacy in town today. Turns out she will be in WDW the week of SDV and is toying with sending her men home as planned but she staying behind to crop with us! Com'on, Kristy, you know you want to!!!!

I ran into an absentee DIS scrapper today at our little pharmacy in town today. Turns out she will be in WDW the week of SDV and is toying with sending her men home as planned but she staying behind to crop with us! Com'on, Kristy, you know you want to!!!!

Shut up!!! My Kristy!! as in former DIS member before life got in the way!!
So cool!!!!

And Kelly (Scrappy_Tink) will be joining us as well. We are going to have an awesome group this year!!!

Shut up!!! My Kristy!! as in former DIS member before life got in the way!!
So cool!!!!

And Kelly (Scrappy_Tink) will be joining us as well. We are going to have an awesome group this year!!!

Thanks so much for your help Buffy!! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know the people on this part of the board. :rotfl:

I most likely will be as I pretty much have gone digi. I do traditional only sometimes now. Typically I work on paper albums at SDV to give to teachers, para, etc at my daughters school. It is a great project to do there and I get it done before the holiday crazies.

Check out our thread from this years SDV, I posted (well New England Eeyore helped) a layout I did from pictures taken this year.

Thanks for the reply Lisa! I'm still training myself on Photoshop Elements...I've bought so many stinking books, I could open my own PE library! :rolleyes: I don't know why they don't have "how to" books with programs any more!

We would welcome you to join us at the Dis tables- I would check the FAQ on the SDV board (use one of the links from the 1st post of this thread) for more information from SDV itself. Most people I saw there were paper scrappers (asnd many had their whole rooms with them) but only SDV could answer for sure. My guess is as long as you put on your registration ou needed access to an outlet it would be okay but checking with Nancy at SDV is the only way to be sure (again she is not a member of this board so you would have to go to their site to do this.

Thanks for the tip (and welcome) Rebecca! As suggested, I asked on the registration form to seat me near an outlet with the understanding I needed to bring my own powercord and tape.

What do we want to do for break out sessions, DIS classes, swaps etc.

I bought the bind it all if we want to do another page swap for a book.

and do we want shirts for all 3 days this time? I loved the blue and of course the pink, what other color would you suggest.
I want to get started on mine soon!

What about a lime green t-shirt, in honor of the DIS Lime Green Mickey Heads from Home Depot?

Hullooooooooooooooooo!

I second the lime t-shirt idea!
How cool that so many want to go in 2010! :yay:

Gotta go back & read the whole thread.
Gee, what else have I missed? :confused3

Hi! Newbie here! :rotfl: I know it's not an exciting color....but how about Black? We could have a blingy crown and Scrapp'n Dis Divas on it?

I for one want something light in color- I don't really want to have to cut too much detail around the design.

Rebecca

I was a vendor here!!! Hope you all had fun! I know I did and I will definitely be there every year from now on!
Gina

Whoa, news to me about the 'Ohana thing. Guess I better get on board now!

Sounds fun though - I can't wait to see everyone again!

Hi Everyone!

I like the LIME t-shirt Idea. I also suggest cutting out the year (if you all don't mind).

Whoo-Hoo !!! Big crowd!!! Hopefully we'll all be in shouthing distance of each other!!!!

I'm new to the whole idea of how to do the shirts (cutting out, etc.) so I'm sticking with the experts! :goodvibes I'm sure whatever decided will be wonderful!

Wow, I finely finished the 2009 SDV thread! I have to say, it looks a little intimidating. I'm going to feel like a slaker, compared to all you hard-working paper scrappers! :sad2: I'm a little in awe of all the projects you guys did together, so please bear with me when we meet up in Aug. I promise I'm a quick learner, and will do my best to keep up with the group! I looked at the pics of the last meeting, it looked like so much fun! Here's some questions I thought of when reading the thread:

1. I think I read someone mentioning decorating the table? Do we do that, or just some other groups? Buffy mentioned to tell Nancy I was with the Dis Diva table. Is that our group name?

2. I noticed in the pics that there are some niffty cup holders on some tables. Do they sell those there, or can you buy one before hand?

3. A question near and dear to my heart: Did I hear someone mention brownies? :rotfl: Do we all plan a snack list, or just whoever feels like sharing something, bring it?

4. Okay, Lisa, where did your husband find hot pink duct tape? I have to get me some!

5. Do they try to group everyone's rooms together, so we can visit/room-hop easier?

6. I know the purpose of the meeting is scrapping, but do people generally take a break now & then and catch a parade or fireworks or anything at the parks? (I'm trying to figure out whether to get an annual pass or not, because me & DH will be going to the F & W Festival this year and I think an AP would be cheaper than buying tickets for each visit).

Well, that's all for now....tho I'm sure there's going to be a million other questions as the months progress, especially when we start making plans for make & takes (some of those were pretty intimidating looking, you guys look like such pros!) I just hope, being a digi-scraper (and a beginner at that!) that I can make a contribution to the group. :)

TIA!!

Kel

Wow, I finely finished the 2009 SDV thread! I have to say, it looks a little intimidating. I'm going to feel like a slaker, compared to all you hard-working paper scrappers! :sad2: I'm a little in awe of all the projects you guys did together, so please bear with me when we meet up in Aug. I promise I'm a quick learner, and will do my best to keep up with the group! I looked at the pics of the last meeting, it looked like so much fun! Here's some questions I thought of when reading the thread:

1. I think I read someone mentioning decorating the table? Do we do that, or just some other groups? Buffy mentioned to tell Nancy I was with the Dis Diva table. Is that our group name?

2. I noticed in the pics that there are some niffty cup holders on some tables. Do they sell those there, or can you buy one before hand?

3. A question near and dear to my heart: Did I hear someone mention brownies? :rotfl: Do we all plan a snack list, or just whoever feels like sharing something, bring it?

4. Okay, Lisa, where did your husband find hot pink duct tape? I have to get me some!

5. Do they try to group everyone's rooms together, so we can visit/room-hop easier?

6. I know the purpose of the meeting is scrapping, but do people generally take a break now & then and catch a parade or fireworks or anything at the parks? (I'm trying to figure out whether to get an annual pass or not, because me & DH will be going to the F & W Festival this year and I think an AP would be cheaper than buying tickets for each visit).

Well, that's all for now....tho I'm sure there's going to be a million other questions as the months progress, especially when we start making plans for make & takes (some of those were pretty intimidating looking, you guys look like such pros!) I just hope, being a digi-scraper (and a beginner at that!) that I can make a contribution to the group. :)

TIA!!

Kel

Bring on any and all questions.

Rebecca pretty much ran the make and takes. Minnie Ann did an adorable Tigger tag, and Pixie Dust did a great layout make and take. If you choose to contribute or bring a make and take that is fine, if not, don't worry about it. I myself brought some new papers that were out for distribution Sept 1st. I couldn't get my act together before SDV for much more than that. You may find one morning you are brushing your teeth and decide, wow, that would be great for us to do. This year was the first year we did make and takes.

The scrappers who are local bring in balloons to decorate the table. One year BAMB did a Mickey sillouette in green paper (DIS color). Yes, our name is DIS Divas.

Nifty cup holders can be purchased online beforehand and I believe some vendors do have it for purchase. Mine and my mother's is the CM Sidekick. I believe Memory Makers has one too. BAMB has that one, I think. The cup holders are great for keeping drinks off the tables and potential accidents. :scared1:

As far as snacks, everyone just brings something. (are you noticing a trend, we are pretty laid back, far from Divas!:laughing:

My pink duct tape was purchased in CT thanks to BAMB's DH. I believe he got it at Wally World. I had a major suitcase malfunction on the way from CT to FL.:scared1:

As far as going to the parks, some people did, some did not, again, it's what people felt like doing. My Mom and Rebecca have developed a tradition of hitting the jacuzzi and water slide during an evening. Several ladies go to the parks for a lunch break. Mom and I arrive early and get our park time in before we start scrapping. You would be amazed how quickly the scrapping time goes by. There are classes that are offered, though this year the selection was limited. The rule of thumb is if you are going to WDW more than 10 days then APs are good to get.

Being that we are at the Contemporary, we can see the MK fireworks right outside the convention hall doors. :thumbsup2 Rooms were not grouped together. Some people were in the tower, some were in outer Mongolia, and some were staying at WL.

Bring on any and all questions.

Rebecca pretty much ran the make and takes. Minnie Ann did an adorable Tigger tag, and Pixie Dust did a great layout make and take. If you choose to contribute or bring a make and take that is fine, if not, don't worry about it. I myself brought some new papers that were out for distribution Sept 1st. I couldn't get my act together before SDV for much more than that. You may find one morning you are brushing your teeth and decide, wow, that would be great for us to do. This year was the first year we did make and takes.

The scrappers who are local bring in balloons to decorate the table. One year BAMB did a Mickey sillouette in green paper (DIS color). Yes, our name is DIS Divas.

Nifty cup holders can be purchased online beforehand and I believe some vendors do have it for purchase. Mine and my mother's is the CM Sidekick. I believe Memory Makers has one too. BAMB has that one, I think. The cup holders are great for keeping drinks off the tables and potential accidents. :scared1:

As far as snacks, everyone just brings something. (are you noticing a trend, we are pretty laid back, far from Divas!:laughing:

My pink duct tape was purchased in CT thanks to BAMB's DH. I believe he got it at Wally World. I had a major suitcase malfunction on the way from CT to FL.:scared1:

As far as going to the parks, some people did, some did not, again, it's what people felt like doing. My Mom and Rebecca have developed a tradition of hitting the jacuzzi and water slide during an evening. Several ladies go to the parks for a lunch break. Mom and I arrive early and get our park time in before we start scrapping. You would be amazed how quickly the scrapping time goes by. There are classes that are offered, though this year the selection was limited. The rule of thumb is if you are going to WDW more than 10 days then APs are good to get.

Being that we are at the Contemporary, we can see the MK fireworks right outside the convention hall doors. :thumbsup2 Rooms were not grouped together. Some people were in the tower, some were in outer Mongolia, and some were staying at WL.

Thanks Lisa!! The more I read about the event, the more excited I get!! :banana: Sorry to hear about the suitcase malfunction! Guess the hot pink duct tape came in handy, eh? :goodvibes

I'll have to be on the lookout for the cup holders!! I'm already trying to think of ways to make my workspace "user friendly", though I won't have as much things to spread out besides my mouse and bamboo writing pad. But I want my space to be purdy too! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter