January 2011 Scrapbook Challenge - PJLLA is the WINNER!!

Im so excited!!! I got another one done! I am in awe of you ladies that can get 20 or more done in a month.

please add 2 more... I really like that basketball page I did!!!

Care to share it??

You folks who are caught up to 2010 make me..... :worship: I'm just so envious! Everytime I get anywhere NEAR what I would consider "caught up", life throw me a curveball and I end up even FURTHER behind! Oh well... it will give me a project to work on in my retirement years!! :lmao:

I've cranked out a few more pages over the last few days, but my tally sheet is upstairs. I'll be back later to post my numbers............P

Here is the 2 page basketball LO I love...

100_5068.jpg
100_5069.jpg

It's nothing major..but I'm starting to use sketches because I find myself over analyzing photo placement and spend too much time on it... The sketches work great for me....

I wanna see too!!!! I'd also like some tips on photographing basketball action. I am havin one heck of a time getting any good photos of DD!!!!

Great Nan!!! I posted at the same time as you!! LOL

LM3K, I just snap, snap, snap... I need a better camera soon...
I utilize my sport mode alot.. my kids are always on the go so it prevents a lot of the fuzzy moving photos....
I hate the lighting in our gym... that is where I struggle to find the best lighting on the camera... I don't want to blind the kids with the flash.. opposing team not so worried about...but our team..yes... REALLY, in all honesty I despise flashing cameras at HS/MS games... I'm afraid of someone getting hurt... (so I don't use my flash)...

Please add 5 more to my total!!!

I'm hoping to do 2 more after I pick the kids up because they wanted a movie day during snack time... Who am I to argue!

I will be scrapping tonight while the others go to the game.. I don't want to go because it's a rival school and I was over the freshman coach last night... He need to take a chill pill.... even when they were ahead he was moanin' and groanin... glad we beat them! Then he came over to the JV game and was just as irritating.. I finally asked my DH if he thought the coach needed some cheese with his wine! DH said he shot me a look! Guess I was a little closer to him then I realized!

LM3K, I just snap, snap, snap... I need a better camera soon...
I utilize my sport mode alot.. my kids are always on the go so it prevents a lot of the fuzzy moving photos....
I hate the lighting in our gym... that is where I struggle to find the best lighting on the camera... I don't want to blind the kids with the flash.. opposing team not so worried about...but our team..yes... REALLY, in all honesty I despise flashing cameras at HS/MS games... I'm afraid of someone getting hurt... (so I don't use my flash)...

Yeah...I agree on the flash thing!! I have been using Sports mode, but still get the blurry. I will keep trying. Thanks for the tips!! I guess if I just hold down the button, maybe I will get one or two out of the bunch!!

I use the mode where it takes 4-5 photos and keeps the last 3...
I have had some turn out blurry this year too... makes me so mad because they are of a key moment! It's like.. lets load the bus.. I need a do-over photo!

I use the mode where it takes 4-5 photos and keeps the last 3...
I have had some turn out blurry this year too... makes me so mad because they are of a key moment! It's like.. lets load the bus.. I need a do-over photo!

LOL Could you imagine asking them to re-do a basket or some spectacular shot??!! Wait wait!!! I didn't get it on film!!! Do you think you could do that again? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I tell DS14 all the time that I need a do-over... He will only let me step close to the court when they are warming up.. I have to get someone else to take action shots during the game.. he's afraid I'll get to close the play.... LOL

please add another 4 to my total... :) I'm cruisin' right along...
Will work on more tomorrow evening.. the morning/early afternoon is booked...
Time to call it a night and spend some time with DS10 since he has just finished his movie while I scrapped this 4 pages...

2 more tonight- was gonna do more but electricity went out for a while from our snowstorm yesterday(they are working on lots of snow and ice covered powerlines). Finally back on.

Here is the 2 page basketball LO I love...

100_5068.jpg
100_5069.jpg

It's nothing major..but I'm starting to use sketches because I find myself over analyzing photo placement and spend too much time on it... The sketches work great for me....

Ooooooh... I like that! I SWEAR I just used that paper on some b.ball pages I did a few months ago! I'll be doing b.ball pictures again soon and I'll have to remember to check back with yours for some inspiration. BTW, I use sketches ALL THE TIME! In fact, I've gotten rather good at creating them myself! Sometimes I'll start with an idea from another page sketch or from a magazine and then modify it to suit my photos. I used to chuck the sketches out after creating the pages, but I've started keeping them and will be creating my own binder with them soon.

ANYHOW......I've been ON FIRE this week! I did some reading about "speed scrapping" and have been trying to utilize some of the ideas. I "think it to death" when it comes time to pick papers. I've been trying this week to go with my first instincts, grab the first or second paper I pick, and go with it... and it's been working. I did a pair of pages today that I actually used the first papers I put my hands on... that is practically a record for me!

Anyhow... I can't remember when I last posted my page count, so I'll just count my tally marks and post my total so far for January.

Okay... for January so far I'm at.....147 pages... done and in their appropriate books! I even have a few more pages in the works... and DD's swim meet for tomorrow was cancelled so I have several extra hours tomorrow to scrap (after I catch up with laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and bathroom cleaning that I've been ignoring...:laughing:):laughing:..................P

Hi Buffy - could you please add another 2 pages for tonight? Should achieve my goal tomorrow for the month.

3 more for me. I am officially one year behind as I am now working on our Feb 2010 cruise.

Ooooooh... I like that! I SWEAR I just used that paper on some b.ball pages I did a few months ago! I'll be doing b.ball pictures again soon and I'll have to remember to check back with yours for some inspiration. BTW, I use sketches ALL THE TIME! In fact, I've gotten rather good at creating them myself! Sometimes I'll start with an idea from another page sketch or from a magazine and then modify it to suit my photos. I used to chuck the sketches out after creating the pages, but I've started keeping them and will be creating my own binder with them soon.

ANYHOW......I've been ON FIRE this week! I did some reading about "speed scrapping" and have been trying to utilize some of the ideas. I "think it to death" when it comes time to pick papers. I've been trying this week to go with my first instincts, grab the first or second paper I pick, and go with it... and it's been working. I did a pair of pages today that I actually used the first papers I put my hands on... that is practically a record for me!

P

That is my... I think it to death! Drives me crazy!!! I need to read up on speed scrapping.... maybe I'll get some ideas... I print off sketches I like and go through them when I order photos/ jot the info down.. order appropriate photos by size, sort them into small envelopes and label.and then pull my master sketch list out for the photo group...

Nan, I love your basketball page! Do you mind if I borrow the idea?

Steph

Absolutely... I want to tweak it up a bit for my next pages.. I have a blue million sports pages to do for the kids...

OK, better get the laundry movin' and dinner going so I can scrap tonight... Would like to do at least 4 pages tonight.. tomorrow I'm going to lock myself into my room and scrap, scrap, scrap.. I should be pretty close to my goal...

Great page Nan!

4 more pages done here. I have more to do tonight. I hope to get my Irish Fest album done this week! :woohoo:

2 for me tonight, please! I went to get 2 more albums tonight to put DS's pages in. . .ACM didn't have ANY!! So, I'm hitting HL on Monday. . .if I can get the pages done and in the albums Monday, then I met my goal!!

Nan, I LOVE the basketball page!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter