Inconsiderate Cruisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were at Palo the other night the couple behind us were raising quite a loud stink, in that they didn't realize there was an additional charge. When the server came to their table and spoke about the wine pairings and that there was an additional charge for the pairings above the initial charge they loudly complained:

"$30 for this?.. Each?"
"Why would we want to pay to come here?".
"Then you need to charge us $59 more for wine?"

The poor Palo server dealt with it very professionally and said in his 10 years at Palo that has never happened to him.
WOW TACKY AS HELL, wow ugh I hate people like that

We just got off the Dream and had 3 8.5 x 11" magnets stolen from our door. :( This was our 5th cruise and we've never had anything stolen before, so I was pretty disappointed. They were all personalized, so not like someone else was going to use them.

Ugh. We had something similar happen on our last cruise, except we found them on a couple of random doors next door. I think it was just kids thinking they were funny. We just took them back and put them out again and luckily it didn't happen again.

Ugh. We had something similar happen on our last cruise, except we found them on a couple of random doors next door. I think it was just kids thinking they were funny. We just took them back and put them out again and luckily it didn't happen again.

Yes, the kids sometimes do things that make me shake my head.
One cruise we were walking down a hallway, it was when DCL was giving the little dry erase boards as gifts and someone (had to be a teen) drew a picture of male genitalia on the board, my mouth fell open, it was disgusting.

I agree. I think it goes farther then just dirty or wet towels by the pool. Today, theres too many people that feel entitled to everything and nothing is their fault. Rained for pirate night, the world comes to an end. Theyll want a refund for there cruise. Their kid runs down a hallway and into someone else, the other person should have moved quicker. Don't get me started on elevators or common courtesy and manners. Ive been on DCL cruises since 98, on all 4 ships, and there is a steady decline in the atmosphere for lack of a better term. Back then, cruise casual meant polo shirt and nice pants in the dining room. Formal meant shirt and tie. Today, just about anything goes. Back then people held elevators for those that couldn't move fast enough due to a disability, or they waited for you to get off the elevator. Today you get run over. No video in the theaters. That applies to everyone else......................... Is it really that hard to play by the rules?

You took the words out of my mouth. On another post about MDR attire, someone posted cargo shorts, a tshirt and flip flops was fine for dinner. I don't think you have to wear a tux (though that can be fun too:) but is it too much to wear a collared shirt and dress slacks or shorts to dinner. My poor kids...every meal...was khakis (for my son), and a dress for my daughter. Semi Formal, my son had to wear a blazer (he hates that:) and formal night, we went all out with white dinner jackets and formal dresses for the girls. It was fun...and seemed 'considerate' to dress for the occasion. Not sure that is the same as being a slob or being rude, but I don't enjoy taking the time to dress nicely for a dining experience and find myself next to the guy in a backward baseball cap, spongebob tshirt and basketball shorts.

To add to another posters remarks...the shorter cruises have a different feel to them. Perhaps it's the lower price point, perhaps it's that we have 2 1/2 days to do everything but the vibe on our 7 night cruise was COMPLETELY different than that of our 3 night.

That actually is what happened initially...... we found 2 magnets on the next door neighbor's door. I moved them back to our door and then the next day they were gone. I'm sure it was a couple of teenagers-- I'm just glad we weren't doing the FE!

We just got off the Dream and had 3 8.5 x 11" magnets stolen from our door. :( This was our 5th cruise and we've never had anything stolen before, so I was pretty disappointed. They were all personalized, so not like someone else was going to use them.

We had this happen on our cruise a couple of years ago -- cleaned off our door and took everything. We complained to our room steward and in walking up and down the halls, we found several of our magnets stuck on other people's doors -- sometimes all the way down the hall. A prank I'm sure -- but there were many magnets we never found that we had personally made. After that -- we only put them on the back of our door for our enjoyment!

We had this happen on our cruise a couple of years ago -- cleaned off our door and took everything. We complained to our room steward and in walking up and down the halls, we found several of our magnets stuck on other people's doors -- sometimes all the way down the hall. A prank I'm sure -- but there were many magnets we never found that we had personally made. After that -- we only put them on the back of our door for our enjoyment!

Ive heard of that happening fairly often. Now, we will play with someones door, like turning the magnets upside down, or rearranging them, BUT only if we know who it is, and is considered family. We wouldn't do that to someone we don't know.

All the comments here show how coarsened our society has become to bad manners and lack of consideration for others. You find it now in every strata of society, it truly is a dumbing down or barbarizing of the culture.

Last edited:
uh oh...you sound like me. that's not necessarily a good thing but I AM amazed how bright you are
;)

Money has nothing to do with "class". A slob comes from the way you were raised. It was refreshing to read the stories from everyone on this thread. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has experienced these inconsiderate people. But it seems these slobs are the minority and maybe someday they will be embarrassed enough to change.

So right, wrong, or indifferent, I do say something to the people I see doing this on the cruise. I figure if you are disrespectful enough to impact others, then you have then opened yourself up to public commentary. Only one guy, and he was way too drunk for a Disney Cruise anyhow, did not go back and clean up after themselves. Part of the problem with this too is that some parnts feel like these cruises are an opportunity to take a vacation from parenting or monitoring their own children.

Yes, the kids sometimes do things that make me shake my head.
One cruise we were walking down a hallway, it was when DCL was giving the little dry erase boards as gifts and someone (had to be a teen) drew a picture of male genitalia on the board, my mouth fell open, it was disgusting.

Nothing quite so disgusting as a God-given part of the anatomy.

I went on the Disney Wonder about a year ago, and decided to try watching UP in the pool. I had no idea what I was in for.
9 rowdy children- kicking, screaming, diving, unsupervised children. The first lifeguard didn't really pay attention to them. It took them 1. Jumping almost on an infant, causing infant to go downwards into pool, leaving grandmother screaming for help, 2. Diving almost INTO MY MOTHER, and 3. Doing the last entry to EVERYONE ELSE IN THE POOL.
The 2nd lifeguard finally comes out and puts 8 out of 9 children in 'pool jail', also I'm pretty sure the 8 were banned from the pool. The 9th child approaches the lifeguard, and starts yelling at him for putting siblings in pool jail.
5 minutes later, 9 out of 9 children are in pool jail. Peace restores to the pool.
I had a crazy day.

Sort of along the same lines, have you ever seen the "passenger shaming" Instagram (and Facebook and Twitter) pages? Holy cow!

Can't believe how people act in public. You never know who is taking your photo, so act in a way that your Mama would be proud.

https://www.instagram.com/passengershaming/******

OMG the baby on the floor of the plane!!!!! WTH are people thinking? I am just sickened looking at that photo. And the person no doubt is the mother. :(

I saw and heard one of the weirdest examples of first world thinking on our shore excursion in Mexico. A little girl was pouring bottled water on her feet. Not just one bottle, but a few. The mom said to quit wasting water. The dad said the water wasn't good anymore, because it wasn't cold, and that the little girl needed to get the sand off her feet. There was a foot shower just a few feet away on this beach:confused3 Not as bad as some examples on here though.

Cruise magnets.

Cat T mid ships, had ours stolen regularly, but not by kids as mentioned. After a few had gone, we heard a noise outside our door, looked through the eyehole, it was adults doing it. I put stateroom numbers on ours, they didn't spot they, when I found them on another decks stateroom door.

Stateroom tour!

Again Cat T Magic, embarkation, we were allowed in our room at 1 pm, general, stateroom opening was 1.30 pm. There was an issue in our room, so maintenance were in, our door propped open as they went in and out. We were in the room.

I heard a male cruisers voice at 1.30 opening, " let's look inside the suite", he was coming in with his family, as he got through the hallway, I looked at him, he did a cartoon style, about turn and quickly went out. Why do cruisers have entitlement to think they can go in a stateroom that's not theirs to have a look around?

Ringing bells.

Same Cats, there are a few who do, knock down ginger, ring the doorbell and run, again in our experience it's adults, not kids.

Bring your own booze.

Baltic, 2015, a group of adults bring on too much booze, including Russain Vodka, they had thier own deck party, after hours, pool deck, and D Lounge. Drinking, loud, throwing up, leaving trash for DCL to clear up. We now know why DCL changed its policy. PS Do not drink Russain Vodka, unless your use to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter