Inconsiderate Cruisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dude... *that* Karl Holz, so DF knows him? That's pretty cool!
Well having your TA email him you are next door is one way of getting his attention and be known to him!
Cool or embarrassing and shameless show of desire to be known and contacted?
Thats up to your own opinion.

If we're talking about seats with a marginal view, I could agree. But if we are talking 2 rows dead-center. No, neither party should have to move. Both are entitled to the best possible view of whatever they are there to see.

No, it's not. Part of going to the theater is that *gasp* someone might sit in front of you. The impact on your view in virtually any modern theater, unless they are Andre the Giant re-incarnated or you are Warwick Davis, will be essentially nil.

So you would ruin someone else's experience, and in turn your own from the time you wasted ruining theirs, just because someone sits in the row in front of you? That's not gassy, that's petty and vindictive. If I were that person, I'd be seeing an usher to have you thrown out.
I guess with gas is by passing gas. lol. Also, it is rude when the other seats are open and the theater is not crowded. Being vindictive just because has no ill effect on people like me. I get a kick out of it. An usher would have to see something very terrible to do what you mention.

Comparing urinals and treadmills and theater seats is hardly a fair comparison. Not that I have ever used one, but really, not at all the same thing...
Now now, just because someone else does something you consider inconsiderate does not mean, nor should it ever, that you retaliate. That is sinking to below their level, imho. If you are in a public space, I do not agree. We may have to leave it at that, since we are all entitled to our own opinions. Something I never knew would upset anyone. Sitting in an open seat in a public theater. Or getting on an open treadmill in a public gym
Most Americans when getting into a situation where they have to share space with others will try to maximize the distance between them. In situations where they can't they will try to avoid physical and eye contact if possible.

Some people do not have these space conventions built in or come from another country where the conventions are different. I had a bunch of professor in college who would have students sit certain distances from people on park benches and see what happened. When the distance got too close most people would get up and move. The professor's were trying to determine what people considered their personal space when interacting with strangers.

The study of this is Proxemics, and what you where feeling in the movie theater was an invasion of your personal space. Obviously the other person did not have the same personal space need you had.

I have a pretty small bubble so people sitting in front or next to wouldn't bother me unless they messed with there phones etc that caused a distraction.

I learned the size of my bubble at work recently, a coworker and I were watching a work video together and there was shoulder contact, I paused a sec or two expecting them to move. It turned out I had to take a small step away, was really weird and uncomfortable, kinda like a muster drill;)

I have a pretty small bubble so people sitting in front or next to wouldn't bother me unless they messed with there phones etc that caused a distraction.

I learned the size of my bubble at work recently, a coworker and I were watching a work video together and there was shoulder contact, I paused a sec or two expecting them to move. It turned out I had to take a small step away, was really weird and uncomfortable, kinda like a muster drill;)
I'm guessing those of us that use a mass transit system as a mode to transport to get to work and back home, or work in a crowded environment with customers may not understand your POV, but I can understand if you drive in your car to and from work and work in an office environment how this can differ in our personal space requirements or feelings of comfort.

I'm guessing those of us that use a mass transit system as a mode to transport to get to work and back home, or work in a crowded environment with customers may not understand your POV, but I can understand if you drive in your car to and from work and work in an office environment how this can differ in our personal space requirements or feelings of comfort.

Casual contact in a crowd really doesn't bother me that much since it is just part of the scene you are at. The work situation however where the contact was just someone being way closer than necessary and made that choice was pretty weird/uncomfortable. Oh and for the muster drill, I pay attention, but still hate them especially on a B2B.

No other comment or information shared. Not very generous to anyone else?

No claims but say it anyway.

So no one out side of the cruise line knows now because DF doesn't post his secret information....

It was a happenstance. Disney Fantasy didn't know that Karl Holz would be on her ship and right next door to her family. So, her TA gave her an introduction, an email. Sometimes that is how you meet people. Through my father, I have met Congressmen, Senators, went to a presidential inauguration where I could see the oath given and not on a screen, been to the Presidential palace in Poland, included a reception with the president and prime minister of Poland. Went to a speech given by Menachem Begin after he signed the peace treaty with Egypt. Heard Benjamin Netanyahu speak in the UN, before he became Prime Minister. My family could get house seats at theaters on Broadway because we knew the owner of Playbill, any show we wanted. I saw Meg Ryan last summer with her son and daughter. I could have introduced myself, but it felt wrong to do it at that moment because she was there for her daughter. My sister could have introduced me, since my niece and Meg Ryan's daughter had played together and went to the same camp. Again, I don't understand the hostility about something that most people would crow about, and the fact that Disney Fantasy did get inside information and tried to tell us.

That is great that you have met so many famous and great people thru your family connections.But did you then go on to boast or post that you may have influenced them on their decision making process, that you were privy to undisclosed information not yet released to the general public, or that you are the only source of real information and everyone else was just guessing when one of those people were making a decision yet unannounced?
Along with telling pretty much everyone else why a policy was changed, without substantiated proof, and that "we all know why" when that is just your opinion, and corporate hq, and ship officers give many other reasons?
Crow'ing about meeting or being berthed next door is one thing. Asking to be introduced to them, exaggerating your influence on that person, and feeling like or professing to know you hold the secret answer, but will not say what that is does not make you a generous person.
It does make you somewhat of an odd person, with an odd personalty. One not beholden to being befriended or admired.

Reread what you posted from Disney Fantasy to me, she said she put on her Facebook page that Holz was next to her cabin. Her TA, who I think was a friend, at least they were Facebook friends, read it and then messaged her to say hi. She answered that she couldn't do that so her TA emailed him and Holz said hi. So far, I see nothing wrong with what happened. In fact, Holz probably spoke with Disney Fantasy numerous times and did tell her somethings that were going to happen. I could have boasted once, when four congressmen were in the living room of my parents' house that I was still living in, announced that one of them was going to run for President, he did run but lost in the primaries, before the press was told. This was in the 1980s and no internet. This was a couple of months before he actually announced his candidacy. How would you have responded if I had told you that. Told you that a Congressman had sat at my dining table, sat in my livingroom, and ran for President. For people that want to check for accuracy, his name is Richard Gephardt.

aschwa: you misunderstand what i said. I never mentioned meetings..i was referring to the propensity to cite his/her track record for accuracy in predictions..

I imagine there will now be a spate of "guess who I met" posts.........:worship::rotfl2:

aschwa: you misunderstand what i said. I never mentioned meetings..i was referring to the propensity to cite his/her track record for accuracy in predictions..

I imagine there will now be a spate of "guess who I met" posts.........:worship::rotfl2:

I was answering about inside information from C6PT7. That was what I could have done. I never did. I also said that it made no difference to me and who I am that I have either met or personally heard some influential people. I also asked why the hostility towards Disney Fantasy when I have read her posts and saw nothing that would be inflammatory. I would guess that she was probably correct with her information since Holz is not a bus driver for Disney.

I was answering about inside information from C6PT7. That was what I could have done. I never did. I also said that it made no difference to me and who I am that I have either met or personally heard some influential people. I also asked why the hostility towards Disney Fantasy when I have read her posts and saw nothing that would be inflammatory. I would guess that she was probably correct with her information since Holz is not a bus driver for Disney.

He, not she. His, not her. And people who constantly pat themselves on the back annoy a *lot* of people. There are other reasons too. "I got special stuff in Concierge, but I'm not going to tell you about it except to be vague." "Once you go Concierge, you'll never do anything but Concierge." Insinuating that most people who brought their alcohol were irresponsible drunks. Continuous claims that 80 proof vodka from Russia is stronger than 80 proof vodka from, say, Namibia. "I told Holz he should get tours up early, and suddenly tours were up early." Claims of having "better connections" because Holz was talking to a group. "I don't travel to the States anymore because it's too dangerous." There are a *lot* of reasons to get annoyed. I have a feeling that if I was in the same room as DF's inflated head I'd have to leave because the oxygen was all gone.

He, not she. His, not her. And people who constantly pat themselves on the back annoy a *lot* of people. There are other reasons too. "I got special stuff in Concierge, but I'm not going to tell you about it except to be vague." "Once you go Concierge, you'll never do anything but Concierge." Insinuating that most people who brought their alcohol were irresponsible drunks. Continuous claims that 80 proof vodka from Russia is stronger than 80 proof vodka from, say, Namibia. "I told Holz he should get tours up early, and suddenly tours were up early." Claims of having "better connections" because Holz was talking to a group. "I don't travel to the States anymore because it's too dangerous." There are a *lot* of reasons to get annoyed. I have a feeling that if I was in the same room as DF's inflated head I'd have to leave because the oxygen was all gone.
If y'all don't like his posts and they "annoy" you.....ignore feature is your friend.

ETA: there are 100 proof vodkas,

If y'all don't like his posts and they "annoy" you.....ignore feature is your friend.

ETA: there are 100 proof vodkas,

Ever tried to follow a telephone conversation when you can only hear one side of it? Ignore features on forums are garbage.

I'm well aware there are 100-proof vodkas. The claim was that if you're not used to Russian vodka it will make you drunker than other vodkas, which is a crock.

Ever tried to follow a telephone conversation when you can only hear one side of it? Ignore features on forums are garbage.

I'm well aware there are 100-proof vodkas. The claim was that if you're not used to Russian vodka it will make you drunker than other vodkas, which is a crock.
Going into a thread for the sole purpose to try and discredit someone is rude...IMO. Now I think I'll go make a bloody mary with Russian Vodka.8-)

I was in this thread long before this latest discussion, but thanks. I've been called worse.

Additionally, I didn't enter the thread to discredit anybody. I just explained why people get so annoyed, which is evidenced in my quote of the prior poster.

Last edited:

I looked at Disney Fantasy's profile, said female. Ok, I understand, some of her posts could annoy some people. As for travel to the US, some people in Europe do see the States as being dangerous, as we now see Europe being dangerous because of recent events. Thank you for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter