Inconsiderate Cruisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just off the Fantasy...My DS and I went early one evening to the Walt Disney theater to claim our seats. The place was practically empty. The movie was the Finest Hours (10:30pm show). Again the place was EMPTY. This yahoo and his wife sit right in front of us. The guy sat down so hard and fast that I almost didn't have time to move my right knee. Had I been a fraction of a second slower, the seat back would have wiped out my knee. NO consideration that we were behind these folks. My kid and I moved two seats to the left so we would have a better view (and not of the back of this dimwit's head). The wife weakly smiled at me when we moved. What was that supposed to mean?

How about looking around and checking out where folks are sitting and making a considerate choice?

Just off the Fantasy...My DS and I went early one evening to the Walt Disney theater to claim our seats. The place was practically empty. The movie was the Finest Hours (10:30pm show). Again the place was EMPTY. This yahoo and his wife sit right in front of us. The guy sat down so hard and fast that I almost didn't have time to move my right knee. Had I been a fraction of a second slower, the seat back would have wiped out my knee. NO consideration that we were behind these folks. My kid and I moved two seats to the left so we would have a better view (and not of the back of this dimwit's head). The wife weakly smiled at me when we moved. What was that supposed to mean?

How about looking around and checking out where folks are sitting and making a considerate choice?

The bottom line is people are freaking animals. Its their world and you just live in it

Bring your own booze.

Baltic, 2015, a group of adults bring on too much booze, including RussainPS Do not drink Russain Vodka, unless your use to it.

What's wrong with Russian vodka? There are plenty of "Russian vodka" readily available such as Stolichnaya and Russian standard. . . I'm pretty sure DCL uses Russian standard for a lot of their vodka based drinks.

these are the same dolts that HAVE to get on the treadmill next to you at the gym even if they are ALL empty...and it's not about flirtation, just obliviousity (if that was a word)

OK, forgive me if I am being obtuse, but why do you care if someone gets on the treadmill (or sits in seats right in front of you)? I don't consider that rude. Plopping down hard so that you bang someone's knee, yes, inconsiderate. But really, maybe they like those seats. Maybe you choose middle or aisle seats in a certain location and others like that location too, so sit a row up or back. Maybe that is the person's favorite treadmill. Maybe it has a bit of a different view. Who knows, but I don't know that any person who does this is automatically inconsiderate. Not saying it isn't a bit odd behavior if the theater is empty (unless you choose middle seats that everyone knows are prime location, then you have no basis for calling them inconsiderate). Of course, this opinion changes if said person who sits in front of you has a hat on, yup in the theater, a big fluffy hat. No words for that person.

OK, forgive me if I am being obtuse, but why do you care if someone gets on the treadmill (or sits in seats right in front of you)? I don't consider that rude. Plopping down hard so that you bang someone's knee, yes, inconsiderate. But really, maybe they like those seats. Maybe you choose middle or aisle seats in a certain location and others like that location too, so sit a row up or back. Maybe that is the person's favorite treadmill. Maybe it has a bit of a different view. Who knows, but I don't know that any person who does this is automatically inconsiderate. Not saying it isn't a bit odd behavior if the theater is empty (unless you choose middle seats that everyone knows are prime location, then you have no basis for calling them inconsiderate). Of course, this opinion changes if said person who sits in front of you has a hat on, yup in the theater, a big fluffy hat. No words for that person.

I can agree with most, but the slopes of the shipboard theaters' seating do not lend themselves to have someone sit in front of you unnecessarily as heads and often shoulders are readily visible. So, I would say it is very inconsiderate to sit in the row and seats immediately in front of someone in the empty theaters on a Disney ship. I would say it is mildly incosiderate to sit in front of someone in an empty stadium-style theater because you are still in the immediate field of view of the person behind you, even if your head may not go above the seat. You are still visible in the gaps between the seat backs when you move, even if it is not much, it is still motion that our eyes are designed by nature to detect, and thus distracting. By placing at least another row between you and the existing seated persons, you all but eliminate this noticable presence. But it is not the onus of the person already seated to resolve this, but the person entering the situation. I won't touch the treadmill situation as I do not use them.

What's wrong with Russian vodka? There are plenty of "Russian vodka" readily available such as Stolichnaya and Russian standard. . . I'm pretty sure DCL uses Russian standard for a lot of their vodka based drinks.
He was referring to Russian Vodka being stronger than most other vodkas. He made a long rant about it on another thread, I don't think he was critizing Russian vodka.

Because they could easily move to another machine not next to someone. Much like the urinals in the restrooms. It's customary to leave some space in a theater if it's not crowded. To sit in front of someone directly in front of is rude. I would have said something and honestly, would have just ruined that persons time, I am very vindictive at times if I feel it was done on purpose. I would have let them known in many ways. Lol. Maybe I'm extra gassy.

JW

Nothing. I posted that as some cruisers who brought it onboard were not use to the strength of it and got ill. Nothing wrong with the drink. It's the few cruisers who couldn't take the strength and over did it.
He was referring to Russian Vodka being stronger than most other vodkas. He made a long rant about it on another thread, I don't think he was critizing Russian vodka.
Agree and thank you.
Also I think imposing his own views/opinions/misconceptions/bias on things without any facts to back it up is a hobby to him. I don't get it. But I guess it makes him feel important to disney cruise lines and his friend Karl.
This type of post is why I cut posting here by 99%. I always back up my pints with evidence. My friend is not Karl, that's sarcasm. I met him and had some long conversations. That was posted here, you have deliberately taken it out of context. There are many things I do know and people have asked me why I stopped posting. Interesting when I have been correct each year on rumours, and then others copy them. That this year as I choose not to post them there has been very very little correct comment so proving others just copied what I said. I do find your post rather rude. Now it seems this forum prefers a few proficient posters " guessing" things and posting things without any substance. I have through my track record been very accurate. I stop posting and the future cruise speculation died and went very vague. You make your own choices here, the one or two who are rude, stop the information for the majority. They can pat themselves on the back for directly stopping good information and leaving it to guesses by one or two.

while I applaud your track record (without actually checking it..I trust you) your post seems self-important. My Mom always said, "self praise sticks"
let others figure out your virtues.
However, you're very correct that the other post was rude..........

It's customary to leave some space in a theater if it's not crowded.

If we're talking about seats with a marginal view, I could agree. But if we are talking 2 rows dead-center. No, neither party should have to move. Both are entitled to the best possible view of whatever they are there to see.

To sit in front of someone directly in front of is rude.

No, it's not. Part of going to the theater is that *gasp* someone might sit in front of you. The impact on your view in virtually any modern theater, unless they are Andre the Giant re-incarnated or you are Warwick Davis, will be essentially nil.

I would have said something and honestly, would have just ruined that persons time, I am very vindictive at times if I feel it was done on purpose. I would have let them known in many ways. Lol. Maybe I'm extra gassy.

JW

So you would ruin someone else's experience, and in turn your own from the time you wasted ruining theirs, just because someone sits in the row in front of you? That's not gassy, that's petty and vindictive. If I were that person, I'd be seeing an usher to have you thrown out.

Nothing. I posted that as some cruisers who brought it onboard were not use to the strength of it and got ill. Nothing wrong with the drink. It's the few cruisers who couldn't take the strength and over did it.

Agree and thank you.

This type of post is why I cut posting here by 99%. I always back up my pints with evidence. My friend is not Karl, that's sarcasm. I met him and had some long conversations. That was posted here, you have deliberately taken it out of context. There are many things I do know and people have asked me why I stopped posting. Interesting when I have been correct each year on rumours, and then others copy them. That this year as I choose not to post them there has been very very little correct comment so proving others just copied what I said. I do find your post rather rude. Now it seems this forum prefers a few proficient posters " guessing" things and posting things without any substance. I have through my track record been very accurate. I stop posting and the future cruise speculation died and went very vague. You make your own choices here, the one or two who are rude, stop the information for the majority. They can pat themselves on the back for directly stopping good information and leaving it to guesses by one or two.

I am cool with many of your posts, but thing I really took issue with you on was the reason for the Alcohol policy change, and your unwillingness to listen to the rest of us. My wife and I talked with a couple of different people in Karl's office (they called us based on emails we sent about that policy and other things) and we got a different answer than you did. While I disagreed with your stance over on those threads, sometimes written, I did read and valued your opinion on other threads. My take is we all may battle on certain threads only to have each others backs on another. Life would be super boring if we all had the same opinions:)

Edited it cause I wrote it poorly while busy at work;)

Last edited:
Because they could easily move to another machine not next to someone. Much like the urinals in the restrooms. It's customary to leave some space in a theater if it's not crowded. To sit in front of someone directly in front of is rude. I would have said something and honestly, would have just ruined that persons time, I am very vindictive at times if I feel it was done on purpose. I would have let them known in many ways. Lol. Maybe I'm extra gassy.

JW

Comparing urinals and treadmills and theater seats is hardly a fair comparison. Not that I have ever used one, but really, not at all the same thing...
Now now, just because someone else does something you consider inconsiderate does not mean, nor should it ever, that you retaliate. That is sinking to below their level, imho. If you are in a public space, I do not agree. We may have to leave it at that, since we are all entitled to our own opinions. Something I never knew would upset anyone. Sitting in an open seat in a public theater. Or getting on an open treadmill in a public gym. I really just never imagined.

If the movie theater is empty and you sit directly in front of someone else, when you could have sat a couple seats over, I'm sorry but that's being rude.

while I applaud your track record (without actually checking it..I trust you) your post seems self-important. My Mom always said, "self praise sticks"
let others figure out your virtues.
However, you're very correct that the other post was rude..........

Why is saying I spoke with Karl Holtz a stuck up thing? If it has information and they are sharing what they learned isn't that generosity? Disney Fantasy never claimed to be friends with Holtz, only spoke with him. You and others are criticizing a moment that anyone of you would be crowing about on this board if it had happened to you, and one that was probably a coincidence for Disney Fantasy. I have spoken with people that have been in the news, one day in the office I worked in I answered the phone and spoke to William Styron (wrote Sophie's Choice my favorite book), and Bill Clinton's office. You are correct in that it doesn't make a person more or less important or likable or has more knowledge, unless the person does say something that a lot of people don't know, but it sure made my day. It makes life interesting.

If the movie theater is empty and you sit directly in front of someone else, when you could have sat a couple seats over, I'm sorry but that's being rude.

I think this is why so many people get upset because everyone's perception of rude is so different. I personally think dead center seats are perfect in a theater. So if someone is sitting there I have to go 2 rows forward in order to not be rude? Not to be silly but 2 rows can actually make a big difference to your view. ive always thought that in a theater you're entitled to the seat you picked and no other seat or field of vision.

I would have to agree with you. If I walked into a theater and the only two people in the theater were sitting in the middle, I would sit at least a few rows behind or in front of them. They got there first and have the right to have first pick of the seats.

I think it's a space perception issue that causes it to be rude. They have all these seat options, and they choose to sit right in front of you (or behind you) making your space that much smaller.

Most Americans when getting into a situation where they have to share space with others will try to maximize the distance between them. In situations where they can't they will try to avoid physical and eye contact if possible.

Some people do not have these space conventions built in or come from another country where the conventions are different. I had a bunch of professor in college who would have students sit certain distances from people on park benches and see what happened. When the distance got too close most people would get up and move. The professor's were trying to determine what people considered their personal space when interacting with strangers.

The study of this is Proxemics, and what you where feeling in the movie theater was an invasion of your personal space. Obviously the other person did not have the same personal space need you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter