I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably only useful to our resident Canadian @*WDW*Groupie* chase to partner with air canada per DoC.
I'll keep a spot open for the card, but based on the recent re-branding offers in Canada I don't expect much (high AFs, staggered MSRs and relatively low points). It would be nice if they have Aeroplan biz and personal cards!

Our activity didn't really change from last year, except for switching currencies to get Hilton points for a stay in Hawaii. P2 got a CIP before the temporary shutdown of biz cards, then we did the Aspire x2 and the Hilton Amex Biz. We also did a refi on our house this summer. I'm about to refer P2 for the CSP, but we're not in a rush so that may wait until after Christmas.

We have quite a stash of URs and MRs (400K+ each), some SW RRs from a cancelled trip, and some leftover points after redemptions in KrisFlyer, AA, and Hilton. I also lost over 100K AA points from a cancelled March trip because the third party vendor (HotelBeds) wouldn't refund the points to AA, even though the resort (Dolphin) wasn't even open during our stay. >:( But, that's the worst that happened, so I'm not too upset about it. Our cancelled Disneyland trip turned into a fantastic staycation in Sanibel, and we're looking forward to hopefully making some trips next year.

I thought about doing the PYB for the URs, but I'm wondering if it makes sense just to use the points to wipe out any charges we make for our Hawaii trip, or do the PYB.

I'm not sure it would help you to close, and lose the CL. Downgrade to CIC (which is 5% for cable, internet and phone with no AF) or CIU (1.5% everything) and then apply. The public offer for CIP has changed to 100k points with $15k spend. CIC and CIU also have different offers.
how does chase 'feel' about that? have 2 cip (last year) pc both (ciu and cic) would love to go again....

I can't figure that site out.... how do I apply points to a vacation? it has to be a minimum 3 days,right?

I second this question and as a follow up someone said all Disney hotels could be booked with Citi Thank You points and not just swan and dolphin....how does that work?

I can't figure that site out.... how do I apply points to a vacation? it has to be a minimum 3 days,right?
I second this question and as a follow up someone said all Disney hotels could be booked with Citi Thank You points and not just swan and dolphin....how does that work?
On AA vacations website you have to add your hotel AND car or flight (I choose car but don’t intend to pick it up) to your cart. When you get to your cart at the check out page there’s a slider bar that allows you to select how many points you want to apply toward the purchase. I agree it’s not super obvious, but look for the slider bar on the final check out page. Hope that helps.

As far as Citi goes, I think you have to call their Cruises and Tours department. I’m sure someone else can confirm as I’ve only read about it.

Got my XBox gift cards to use my Dell credit, but it took a 20 minute phone call because they canceled my order. He asked if they were for myself and not to resell. But he was able to reorder them and they are now in my Dell locker. In case anyone else is buying them you might want to do separate orders to avoid getting them canceled.

Got my XBox gift cards to use my Dell credit, but it took a 20 minute phone call because they canceled my order. He asked if they were for myself and not to resell. But he was able to reorder them and they are now in my Dell locker. In case anyone else is buying them you might want to do separate orders to avoid getting them canceled.
I need to order one. And the Dell locker thing is so odd but it works so I won't complain.

Sometimes it shows up on the portal. If not, you can call the number to redeem Thank You points. Don't pick the hotel option, they just see whatever is on the portal. Pick the Cruise and Tours department. They function more like a typical travel agency. As long as Disney is allowing third party bookings, they can get you whatever the direct with Disney price is.

On AA vacations website you have to add your hotel AND car or flight (I choose car but don’t intend to pick it up) to your cart. When you get to your cart at the check out page there’s a slider bar that allows you to select how many points you want to apply toward the purchase. I agree it’s not super obvious, but look for the slider bar on the final check out page. Hope that helps.

As far as Citi goes, I think you have to call their Cruises and Tours department. I’m sure someone else can confirm as I’ve only read about it.

@IFlossU explained it well. You do need two elements (car and room if you’re not flying AA) even if you don’t pick up the car. Also another thing is, make sure you’re on the AAVacations website not American Airlines. They’re two separate sites! HTH

I do them separately too. This is after I had an issue with an order of $100 x2. I got one of the GC but the other one got stuck. I had trouble canceling it since I already got one of them. It was a few days to when the credits reset, so I was worried the charge wouldn't post in time. I ended up buying an extra $100. Then I got the pending GC and the charge posted in time. :faint:

So lesson of the story is to do them separately and not cut it too close!

A quick update to my never-ending MDD :P. With Christmas :santa: next week I didn't want to chance getting a recon on one of the cards. I called dd's school and they will extend the payment deadline for her tuition and res to January 31st (I just have to send them a quick e-mail).

I booked a stay online at the Delta (Marriott -- yes, the same hotel I've been staying at -- what can I say? I need the points for my Europe trip next December) in March to visit dd and pick out new furniture for her apartment (which she gets on May 1st -- the leases in her university town run May to May). If I have to cancel due to weather I will just move the trip to early April (which I don't want to do as she will final exams). I immediately called them and pre-paid just over US$300.00 (I checked Chase and my travel credit has reset). I could have just purchased US$300.00 in GCs at a grocery store, but I already have a few from making use of the 3X points.

I plan on pc'ing my CSR as soon as the Delta charge posts and completing the MDD on December 28 and 29. That should give me plenty of time to receive both and make the payments to her school.

After all of this planning it better work :rolleyes1:-)!

A quick update to my never-ending MDD :P. With Christmas :santa: next week I didn't want to chance getting a recon on one of the cards. I called dd's school and they will extend the payment deadline for her tuition and res to January 31st (I just have to send them a quick e-mail).

I booked a stay online at the Delta (Marriott -- yes, the same hotel I've been staying at -- what can I say? I need the points for my Europe trip next December) in March to visit dd and pick out new furniture for her apartment (which she gets on May 1st -- the leases in her university town run May to May). If I have to cancel due to weather I will just move the trip to early April (which I don't want to do as she will final exams). I immediately called them and pre-paid just over US$300.00 (I checked Chase and my travel credit has reset). I could have just purchased US$300.00 in GCs at a grocery store, but I already have a few from making use of the 3X points.

I plan on pc'ing my CSR as soon as the Delta charge posts and completing the MDD on December 28 and 29. That should give me plenty of time to receive both and make the payments to her school.

🤞🏻

:tink:

I only got one card, the Surpass, as our home construction has squeezed us dry. Happy today, though, that my Citi $200 bank bonus posted because I thought I had messed it up by funding with Paypal. Immediate plans are to open the Citi business bank account for the 30k miles, move back into our house, and get back on the credit card game. We have done no traveling except for two weekend camping trips to state parks in Florida although we canceled quite a few trips. We will be celebrating NYE at Fort Wilderness at Disney with no plans to go to any parks. I still may book a speculative AA trip for next summer to anywhere Europe to celebrate my son's high school graduation. Let's see.

Even more happy because my son got into UMiami and can take advantage of my tuition remission. I can't believe he's graduating :sad:

Did I just mess up big time? I was able to secure a PS5 for my DS today at walmart.com today. In my haste to make sure I checked out before it went out of stock, I checked out with a CF for the 5% but realized after that it was the one that I had reduced CL to 1k. This purchase put me over by about a 100 or so.
WM says they don't charge the card until it ships, but do a authorization which I do see in my pending transactions. It's also showing my CL at zero.
Will they cancel the order? Any options for me at this stage?
Thank you!

Did I just mess up big time? I was able to secure a PS5 for my DS today at walmart.com today. In my haste to make sure I checked out before it went out of stock, I checked out with a CF for the 5% but realized after that it was the one that I had reduced CL to 1k. This purchase put me over by about a 100 or so.
WM says they don't charge the card until it ships, but do a authorization which I do see in my pending transactions. It's also showing my CL at zero.
Will they cancel the order? Any options for me at this stage?
Thank you!
Huge congratulations on scoring a PS5 (unless I trip over one dd is not getting it for Christmas)!

There are 3 things that I'd do asap: i) call Chase to increase the CL to $2,500.00 and advise them of the situation ii) pay whatever is owing on the card and iii) call WM and advise them of the situation and tell them that you can give them another cc if it's going to be an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter