Sleeping arrangements for 30 pound toddler?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
We are heading down in June for a big family trip. It will be me and DH, DS and his fiancee, and other DS with his wife and their 20 month old staying in a Grand Villa at The Boardwalk. We have been to WDW many times but this is the first one with a toddler in tow. I just realized he is over the weight limit for a pack and play but he still sleeps in a crib. Not sure how to handle sleeping arrangements for him. If you've been in a similar situation, how did you handle it?

if a standard pack-n-play isn’t right or not preferred, the family can rent a crib from a third party. Some rent “travel” cribs and others rent full size, so pay attention to size if it matters. I know Kingdom Strollers rents cribs

Our kiddo wasn't over the weight limit but was over the height limit, we used it anyway. Our daughter was 2.5, in her crib she slept rolled into a ball anyway so we tested it out with our pack and play at home and she slept fine so used the one at the resort. She also was never one to try to climb out of a crib or anything like that.

I will say she ended up struggling with allergies in Florida so did wake up at night sometimes, we don't co sleep at all at home but did let her snuggle up with us at Disney. She actually loved the pack and play since the provided sheet had Mickey on it, she still asks about sleeping in the "Mickey tent" (we used a slumber pod over top of it).

I took both my girls at 20 months, they both slept in the pack n play. One was a ginormous toddler, the other one was average sized.

There are travel-friendly crib bumpers if you want to try a bed and make sure it has the bumpers. You can look them up on Amazon.

Our 10 year old daughter has a pet allergy and we ended up in a hotel room once that someone must have had pets in…her nose started gushing after getting in bed. It was already late and we had an early flight to catch, so she took a shower and I put her in our 2 year olds pack n play, with our own blanket/pillows. She slept just fine and she’s like 70+ lbs. So I wouldn’t be the least bit concerned if yours is just a few pounds over the weight limit!

You can request a crib (instead of a pack n play) at the front desk! Free and full-sized. Our toddler doesn’t sleep well in pack n plays so we’ve never had an issue getting a crib sent to the room instead.

We also did a BFT (Big Family Trip) in a GV with kids and grands, at OKW. I requested both a crib and bed rails, and we received neither. However, I noticed that there was a full-sized portable crib, folded, at the bottom of the stairs of our building. It was there the entire length of our stay, and I assume it was meant for us but no one ever brought it up to our room. As it turned out it didn't matter as the girls (aged 2 and 4) were fine sharing a queen bed. So, I'd say request a crib and if you don't get it, ask again!

You can request a crib (instead of a pack n play) at the front desk! Free and full-sized. Our toddler doesn’t sleep well in pack n plays so we’ve never had an issue getting a crib sent to the room instead.
Yes, WDW does have a relatively small supply of actual cribs available on request. However there is no guarantee there will be one available. Thus if it's a "must have" instead of a "nice to have" it is recommended to rent one.

Thanks for all of the input! He actually just hit 30 pounds, which seems to be the typical limit, and our trip is only 5 1/2 weeks away. I put in a request for a crib but understand that it is just a request. I was going to purchase a new pack and play where the mattress sits on the ground and doesn't have a weight limit, but we might just go and see what happens. If the crib doesn't pan out, it sounds like the pack and play could still be a back up if he's just a pound or two over. It would be nice to have one less thing to pack!

Thanks for all of the input! He actually just hit 30 pounds, which seems to be the typical limit, and our trip is only 5 1/2 weeks away. I put in a request for a crib but understand that it is just a request. I was going to purchase a new pack and play where the mattress sits on the ground and doesn't have a weight limit, but we might just go and see what happens. If the crib doesn't pan out, it sounds like the pack and play could still be a back up if he's just a pound or two over. It would be nice to have one less thing to pack!
For what it’s worth we go 4-5x a year and I’ve never had an issue getting a crib at the resort. It also sounds like you’re going on a less-peak time (or at least the start of peak, not as bad) so you should be fine with supply :)

My kids were fine in the PnP prob until close to 3. They were all pretty big kids, but curl up when they sleep so it was fine.
Honestly, the weight limit on the PnP never even occurred to me.
We have also had no issues just plopping the kid between me and hubby in the bed. We have done that many times after a late night in the parks when we are all going to sleep at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter