I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does chase 'feel' about that? have 2 cip (last year) pc both (ciu and cic) would love to go again....
I thinks business apps are still hit or miss but I'm not sure number of Ink cards is a huge factor, especially if your CLs aren't huge. Others can chime in.
I second this question and as a follow up someone said all Disney hotels could be booked with Citi Thank You points and not just swan and dolphin....how does that work?
As far as Citi goes, I think you have to call their Cruises and Tours department. I’m sure someone else can confirm as I’ve only read about it.
I haven't booked Disney hotels but have bought Disney tickets. Call Cruise and Tours. I spent way too much time on the phone with a "regular" rep who tried her hardest to find the tickets. She finally gave up and said "let me transfer you to Cruise and Tours, maybe they can find something". 10 seconds in and they were asking how many days did I need. Currently saving TYP for 5 day WDW tix to go with the 5 nights from Marriott, fingers crossed we can work it out.

Did I just mess up big time? I was able to secure a PS5 for my DS today at walmart.com today. In my haste to make sure I checked out before it went out of stock, I checked out with a CF for the 5% but realized after that it was the one that I had reduced CL to 1k. This purchase put me over by about a 100 or so.
WM says they don't charge the card until it ships, but do a authorization which I do see in my pending transactions. It's also showing my CL at zero.
Will they cancel the order? Any options for me at this stage?
Thank you!
Huge congratulations on scoring a PS5 (unless I trip over one dd is not getting it for Christmas)!

There are 3 things that I'd do asap: i) call Chase to increase the CL to $2,500.00 and advise them of the situation ii) pay whatever is owing on the card and iii) call WM and advise them of the situation and tell them that you can give them another cc if it's going to be an issue
I've never done it, but can you just make a payment (an overpayment) to the account right now for at least the $100 overage? Thus having a credit of $100+ for a brief moment.

Are referrals not working for Chase Biz cards? I keep getting “temporarily unavailable.” 🙁
Just checked my 3 support links and they work (CIU, CIC, and CIP)
I meant to ask this a few days ago. I also get that when I try to generate a biz link.
Oh, maybe I misinterpreted IFlossU's original post. I just tried to generate a new link and got a "Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, the system is unavailable at this time, and therefore, we're unable to complete your request. Please try again later." message, but I previously generated a link for that biz card, so I'm not sure what the reason is.

Did I just mess up big time? I was able to secure a PS5 for my DS today at walmart.com today. In my haste to make sure I checked out before it went out of stock, I checked out with a CF for the 5% but realized after that it was the one that I had reduced CL to 1k. This purchase put me over by about a 100 or so.
WM says they don't charge the card until it ships, but do a authorization which I do see in my pending transactions. It's also showing my CL at zero.
Thank you!
Congrats on getting the PS5! No idea about your question but just wanted to say I was happy for you that you were able to get one. My DS told me not to worry about it. His birthday is in the summer and said he doesn’t mind waiting until then when it will be easier for me to get him one.

2020 Churning was extremely skewed for me. DH (me) opened the Alaska Air card in January and I opened a CIC in March. With his passing in April nothing else has taken place except to close a few cards of his when AF posted and I pc'd my CIP to a CIU.

I am finally getting to a point emotionally where I can start thinking about joining the game again. I have a blank canvas as I find myself at 0/24 as of the 3rd of this month! I have used PYB some. I have ~300k UR that I will hopefully be able to use for a cruise someday.

I'm not sure what future travel will look like for me. Part of the fun of traveling (for me) is sharing the experience with someone. Despite Covid, I have managed two trips this year, both to Alaska to be with my parents. Two months this summer and now a month for the holidays. I don't really count it as leisure travel though, more sanity/reality checks. I have been EXTREMELY spoiled by the cash price for first class during a pandemic! It is far better in my case to use cash than points currently.

Thank you!
Congrats on getting one - and if you scored one without a bot, thanks for restoring my faith in quick fingers:worship: (although if you used one, please teach me). I forgot to log on and missed it but it's more for the thrill of the hunt at this point than actually my son wanting one.

Last edited:
2020 Churning was extremely skewed for me. DH (me) opened the Alaska Air card in January and I opened a CIC in March. With his passing in April nothing else has taken place except to close a few cards of his when AF posted and I pc'd my CIP to a CIU.

I am finally getting to a point emotionally where I can start thinking about joining the game again. I have a blank canvas as I find myself at 0/24 as of the 3rd of this month! I have used PYB some. I have ~300k UR that I will hopefully be able to use for a cruise someday.

I'm not sure what future travel will look like for me. Part of the fun of traveling (for me) is sharing the experience with someone. Despite Covid, I have managed two trips this year, both to Alaska to be with my parents. Two months this summer and now a month for the holidays. I don't really count it as leisure travel though, more sanity/reality checks. I have been EXTREMELY spoiled by the cash price for first class during a pandemic! It is far better in my case to use cash than points currently.
So sorry for the loss of your husband! I can't imagine the feeling of losing your partner in life.
It sounds like you are making progress through your tragedy, so keep taking small strides, and know that we are here to help what little we can

Sorry for your loss. Glad you are able to still travel and see family.

So sorry for the loss of your husband! I can't imagine the feeling of losing your partner in life.
It sounds like you are making progress through your tragedy, so keep taking small strides, and know that we are here to help what little we can
Mopedmom1 - sorry to read of your loss. Such a tough year for so many. I'm glad you have the support of your parents/family and hope 2021 is good to you.
Sorry for your loss. Glad you are able to still travel and see family.

Thank you guys. Yes, losing a life partner of 32 years is very difficult. Moving forward is the only viable option, however challenging that may be. Trying to navigate this during a pandemic, well......

I hope we are all traveling and experiencing new adventures very soon!

Any good retention offers on the Bonblah Biz lately? The $125 annual fee just posted, which I can't justify for a free night credit that is barely usable even when there isn't a pandemic on. I did get connected to someone in retention but they started asking lots of questions about my "business" so I panicked and hung up 😬 If I know there's something decent out there I'll take a chill pill and brave the phone tomorrow, but if not I'll just cancel via chat. I'm seeing tales on the blogs of a $50 statement credit which...maybe.

To answer @SouthFayetteFan's question: our relationship with credit cards totally changed this year because we have not travelled anywhere since February, and don't have any definite plans for 2021. Partly that's a choice (generally risk-averse, plus other complicating factors with altered schedules) and partly not really possible (DH would have to quarantine 14 days before going to back to work). The silver lining is that I am now 2/24 so all Chase options are open.

Which leads me to ask: can someone provide a brief primer on the excitement about Hyatt Globalist? Why would I want it, and how do I get it (assuming I apply for the Hyatt card, which I have never had)?

Any good retention offers on the Bonblah Biz lately? The $125 annual fee just posted, which I can't justify for a free night credit that is barely usable even when there isn't a pandemic on. I did get connected to someone in retention but they started asking lots of questions about my "business" so I panicked and hung up 😬 If I know there's something decent out there I'll take a chill pill and brave the phone tomorrow, but if not I'll just cancel via chat. I'm seeing tales on the blogs of a $50 statement credit which...maybe.

I got $50. I think that's the only offer I've seen. Did you call for retention? You can do it by chat now too. Usually they'll say they'd like to discuss my spend and how to benefit from my card or some such thing. I say I'd just like to know if there are offers on my account please.

I got $50. I think that's the only offer I've seen. Did you call for retention? You can do it by chat now too. Usually they'll say they'd like to discuss my spend and how to benefit from my card or some such thing. I say I'd just like to know if there are offers on my account please.
I tried to do it via chat twice and they said I had offers but wanted me to call to discuss both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter