I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same offer - I figured it would be when the statement closes after meeting the spend, but I don't know that for sure. I'm hoping to use it on a trip to the keys this March, so I guess it would post by then either way, I'd just like to see it in my account sooner rather than later.

I was hoping it would be in the first statement once I spent $3000 but it didn’t show up. Wondering if I should wait until the 3 months passes or ask them now?

My mother's house backed up to a field, so we are familiar with the unique stench of something dying in the walls. Amazon sells some odor eliminate products that work pretty well. My recommendation is the Bad Air Sponge. Get a couple smaller ones and flip them completely out of the container to increase surface area. If it's a little critter, the smell may be gone in 2-3 days.

Well I have the groupon Air Duct cleaner coming tomorrow. I'm hoping they find something and remove it. I back to "woods" kinda. I mean these days as much wooded property as you're going to get in Northville, LOL. But I've also been here 16 years and never had this stench before! I've been using candles and my diffuser to mask the smell as much as I can. But I think knowing it's there would freak me out even if the smell is gone. And yes, I'm sure there are LOTS of dead creatures in my house. I like to live in a bubble and think overall they aren't. But this is a case where I know straight up something is left in our ducts rotting away, LOL.

I'm happy I read the fine print on the groupon. It covers 10 vents. She said most houses my size have 24. I think I counted 22. Each additional vent is discounted. And then for my main lines it's $45/ea. So this is gonna run me close to $350! I'm trying to tell myself that the house was built in 1979 and I'm sure never cleaned. We haven't done it in 16 years. Also we have cats. And my daughter has allergies and asthma. So even if they don't find anything, it's not bad I get this done. And I think full price it's closer to $700-800 she was saying.

Now here's hoping this smell can go!

PYB is currently available through April 30 ‘21 on groceries, dining, and home improvement expenses. It hasn’t been announced whether it will continue beyond then, or for what type of purchases. I think cashing out your points is a personal decision. Would you rather have cash on hand now for future travel purchases, or do you like the idea of having a lot of points to book through their portal? For me the points have the same 1.5cpp value either way I look at it so I would rather have the cash now and set it aside for future vacations. Also by cashing out I’m not limited to using points on just the Chase portal. It’s really a matter of perspective. At the end of the day you’re still getting the same value for your points whether you cash them out or save them. I just “erased” $750 off my CSR this month. I will take that money I saved and put aside for future travel. Hope that helps

ETA: if your grocery store sells Disney gift cards, and you’re 100% sure you’re going to use them, you could buy them with your CSR earning 3x/points (until Apr 30) and use your points to erase the purchase. A great way to use URs to pay for Disney and potentially earn extra points in the process

This... I went to the grocery store and purchased $1500 in Disney Gift Cards with my CSR. Then used 100,000 points to erase So basically still getting $1500 for $1000.

Please ignore previous empty post.

It was my attempt to copy and paste a SW email offer on the $69 card.

'Spend $2000 in 3 months get 50K points. Get 30K more points after you spend $10K in 9 months. Plus earn 5 points per $ on up to $2K per month on SW travel purchases until March 31/21.
For clarity: This is the same as the increased offer that is also available via Support Links.

Wait - Is this for a new card sign-up or was this an offer on a previously opened card?

EDIT: Ok finally caught up to the other comments. Not existing card... So ok, comment holds - this is the Support Link Offer which launched on December 2nd :D

Our 2020 Cards. - We have kept up at a good pace this year. Even though all our trips were cancelled - I am just hoarding points...

Me this year -
SW Premier
Citi Premier
CIP
BOA Premier
Chase Ink Biz
Chase Ink Cas Biz

DH this year -
Citi Premier
AMEX Delta Biz
BOA Premier
BOA Biz
CSP
CSR

So 6 cards for both of us this year. When all the SUB's post for Chase we will have close to 900,000 UR's. Already rescheduled our cancelled 2021 March Cruise to August so that is paid for and I still have $2100 in Carnival Corp Gift Cards from an earlier cancelled cruise. Plus waiting on over $2000 in other travel refunds. (One on DH's AMEX Delta that I used to meet MSR - so will need to spend that right away when I get the credit)

Hoping for DH to get 2 SW Cards later in April/May and get Companion pass. Mine is good thru 2021 but have not gotten to use it at all since everything has gotten cancelled.

Honest Question: Do any of you guys still regularly use the NEWS thread on DISchurners? I will admit, I've been a tad lazy in getting everything up there lately. I do a good job with most major things though. I was about to post the Q1 Freedom category news and paused to wonder if it's worth it. If you use the news thread to make sure you don't miss major events, please reply and let me know so I can determine if it's worth the ongoing effort.

Thanks!

I was hoping it would be in the first statement once I spent $3000 but it didn’t show up. Wondering if I should wait until the 3 months passes or ask them now?

I still haven't reached mine, but I would probably send them a message asking about it. If they say it's not until the end of the 3 month period I would want to know that so I can jot it on my calendar to double check on it. I feel like I have so many deals going on now and I don't want to mess up a big one like that.

Honest Question: Do any of you guys still regularly use the NEWS thread on DISchurners? I will admit, I've been a tad lazy in getting everything up there lately. I do a good job with most major things though. I was about to post the Q1 Freedom category news and paused to wonder if it's worth it. If you use the news thread to make sure you don't miss major events, please reply and let me know so I can determine if it's worth the ongoing effort.

Thanks!
I honestly don’t look on Reddit at all anymore

Thanks!

Sometimes. Mostly if I'm trying to find something that was recently discussed but not that often.

For clarity: This is the same as the increased offer that is also available via Support Links.

Wait - Is this for a new card sign-up or was this an offer on a previously opened card?

EDIT: Ok finally caught up to the other comments. Not existing card... So ok, comment holds - this is the Support Link Offer which launched on December 2nd :D

Thanks for clarifying that.

I use to have this card and closed it a couple of years back so was surprised to see an offer for it in my email. I really don't keep up with SW offers.

This... I went to the grocery store and purchased $1500 in Disney Gift Cards with my CSR. Then used 100,000 points to erase So basically still getting $1500 for $1000.

Okay, the wheels are trying to spin.

I've got my small stash of UR's and have a CSP. Last I knew, daughter has a CSR. Is it possible to transfer to her? And buy some gift cards? Dues will be coming up and I could use a bunch of gift cards.

Thanks!
If I wasn't reading the comments here as often as I do, I would likely use the news thread more. I have referred to it in the past when I've forgotten things.

To answer @SouthFayetteFan's question about 2020 Churning I would say I was pretty close to 2019. Looking at my spreadsheet between myself and my player 2 we did 12 card openings in 2020 which was pretty close to the 13 card openings in 2019. 8 Biz cards and 4 personal. In a good spot for 5/24 as well for both of us at the moment.

Redemption wise I have also been using PYB Chase points for everything. Other success mentions would be substantial retention offers on both Amex Platinum and CSR. Probably my personal favorite though was getting an Xbox Series X entirely from the Dell Credits / that one Amex Offer to Spend $100 get $100 back.

I assume that next year will be similar and will see what opportunities present themselves. I will have the second year of a companion pass which will hopefully get some more use as we do have some trips currently on the books.

Thanks!
It comes in handy when we travel.

In response to @SouthFayetteFan 2020 Churning Question, I realize how slow a churner I actually am. I don't know how some of you do it! I felt like I apply to a decent amount, but when I look at it on paper, in 2019 between both of us we opened 6 cards (2 Dh, 4 me) and in 2020, we opened 6 cards (3 DH, 3 me). I am still thinking of trying to get each of us the IHG card before then end of the year though, so could possibly change to 8 this year.

Redemption wise, we did ok, although different than usual - I earned the CP early in 2020 and we actually used it 3 times (once pre-pandemic and twice since). I hope to use it 3 times again in 2021 and then will probably try to get it for DH for 2022-2023, but we'll see when it gets closer.

Like a lot of us, I used PYB for lots of purchases and then mentally applied it to our trips. Our summer vacation was to Macro Island with the kids and we erased a lot of dining charges, so that was very easy and nice.

Since I ended the year with the AmEx Platinum, I need to finish up using the credits that expire at the end of this month. I used the Saks, but still need to follow through with the airline credit somehow.

Overall, it's been a good churning year.

If it’s your daughter that lives in your household, yes you can transfer points to her

I wish. That would have been easy. But no, it's the one who has her own household. We do share the same last name, but not the same address. I figure the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter